Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo vs. Matt Korobov Set Down, Monroe Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No he does not have a shot to beat Jermall. Somebody in power seems to be getting Jermall very easy fights and yet gaining him a world title. Boxrec ranks him 54th in the world which is a hell of a long way from top ten. The guy is not nearly as good as Monroe and Monroe wasn't that good. He is also 35 years old. I think Jermall will KO him and look good doing it but Jermall will still have never fought a legit top 10 middleweight to prove himself at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      No he does not have a shot to beat Jermall. Somebody in power seems to be getting Jermall very easy fights and yet gaining him a world title. Boxrec ranks him 54th in the world which is a hell of a long way from top ten. The guy is not nearly as good as Monroe and Monroe wasn't that good. He is also 35 years old. I think Jermall will KO him and look good doing it but Jermall will still have never fought a legit top 10 middleweight to prove himself at 160.
      What if Korobov was more active?

Korobov is ranked 54th at Light Heavyweight on boxrec if that means anything.

Comment

Nah, Im happy he's getting the check though.
        Last edited by WallabeeKing; 12-17-2018, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          He's actually a lot better than Munroe but his age and inactivity is not good.

Comment

Xmas payday for Korobov

Comment

What the **** happened to Korobov's career? Andy Lee ruined him, and I think Korobov could have whooped his ass in a rematch.

It's sad because he really was a good boxer. Now, we get to see a shot Korobov who maybe can't even make 160 fight Jermall. I fear for Korobov's health for this fight. He didn't even look fat at that fight at 175, too (although I realize he probably didn't rehydrate much).

Comment

Not when he has a fight at 175 scheduled in a week and when his last fight was a comeback 6 rounder after being out for 2 years. Only a punchers chance. Complete mismatch

Comment

I might be tripping but im pretty sure Korobov was already on the card but he was facing someone else? am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                    I might be tripping but im pretty sure Korobov was already on the card but he was facing someone else? am I right?
                    Yeah but at light Heavyweight lmao. He has to drain himself down to Middleweight in a few days. That ain't going well
                    Last edited by DuckAdonis; 12-17-2018, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      Yeah he was. PBC has learned to have multiple guys in the same weight class on a card in case a fight falls through. I would think after the GGG/Canelo/ Vanes/Derevchenko cluster f-ck they all learned to be prepared to have a backup plan.

Comment

Working...
                      X