Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hurd-Charlo Unification in 2019 if They Beat Williams, Harrison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hurd-Charlo Unification in 2019 if They Beat Williams, Harrison

Once-beaten 154-pound title challenger Julian Williams of Philadelphia could face undefeated IBF/WBA/IBO champion Jarrett Hurd "sometime in the spring" after having earned his fourth straight victory and second stoppage during that time by second-round KO over Mexico's Francisco Javier Castro on the December 1 undercard of WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder's draw with lineal champion Tyson Fury at The Staples Center in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds like a good plan

Good to see J-Rock get another chance at a strap

Comment

showtime is trying to make the fight big but this could backfire..charlo wants the fight right away but hurd is hellbent on getting a right hander in his hometown in between before they clash

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        Sounds like a good plan

Good to see J-Rock get another chance at a strap
        True, I also think Hurd deserves to get the hometown love scrap. That's every fighter's dream.

Williams has the goods to ruin the party, so it's interesting.

Charlo wants Hurd asap though. I can't knock him for that either.

Comment

Damn man. J Rock can blast Hurd out of there.

Comment

“First, Jemell Charlo has a fight against Tony Harrison on December 22 on FOX, and then I’m told that Jarrett Hurd is going to fight junior middleweight contender Julian Williams sometime in the spring. And then, Jermell Charlo is going to have another fight in the spring against an opponent to be determined. If everyone wins, and they all come out OK with no injuries, they wanna do that fight [Hurd-Charlo] sometime in the second half of the year.”

If you marinate a great piece of meat too long, you destroy the texture! I don't know why anyone would want Hurd to fight J-Rock first? That's crazy! Who is Charlo gonna fight? The Lara vs. Castano winner? Charlo said he's ready to go! Hurd...MAN UP!

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              True, I also think Hurd deserves to get the hometown love scrap. That's every fighter's dream.

Williams has the goods to ruin the party, so it's interesting.

Charlo wants Hurd asap though. I can't knock him for that either.
              Hurd has earned the right to defend his strap in front of his family and friends. And he's fighting J-Rock. It's a damn good fight. it's not like he's taking a garbage fight. Welborn - Williams - Charlo. You can't hate on that progression after a surgery...but people will

Comment

Since Charlo has been fighting Hurd's previous opponents maybe we can see him in against Lara while Hurd takes on J-Rock. Doubt that will happen, more likely it would be Frank Galarza or someone of that I'll.

Looking forward to this ultimately happening provided they get to it unscathed. J-Rock is a pretty dangerous opponent, although I see Hurd walking through most of his power shots and hurting J-Rock to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  Hurd has earned the right to defend his strap in front of his family and friends. And he's fighting J-Rock. It's a damn good fight. it's not like he's taking a garbage fight. Welborn - Williams - Charlo. You can't hate on that progression after a surgery...but people will
                  The progression is nice, but people, myself included, feel that it might derail the "BIG" fight! If he's healthy enough to fight J-Rock, he's healthy enough to fight Charlo! J-Rock is too high-risk! Honestly, Harrison is high-risk too!

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                    Since Charlo has been fighting Hurd's previous opponents maybe we can see him in against Lara while Hurd takes on J-Rock. Doubt that will happen, more likely it would be Frank Galarza or someone of that I'll.

Looking forward to this ultimately happening provided they get to it unscathed. J-Rock is a pretty dangerous opponent, although I see Hurd walking through most of his power shots and hurting J-Rock to the body.
                    You're assuming Lara will beat Castano. I wouldn't bet money on that! Go to YouTube and watch Castano vs. Derevyanchenko, and Castano vs. Vitu!

Comment

Working...
                    X