No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Destroys Rocky Fielding in Three For WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
    Hey Snowballer, we get the tuneup issue and the fact that it was for a 'title" but this fight had a stench to it as soon as it was made. Staying busy is cool, especially with the DAZN deal but May should be a reputable opponent. If he drops to 160 he should at least fight a ring magazine top 10. I'm doubting that it will be Jacobs, Andrade, Charlo, or Saunders. Most like Sulecki, Lemieux, or even Derevyanchenko. Would mind any of those guys as long as he doesn't milk the DAZN deal with second tier guys forever. Can't hate him for taking some easier fights. He already has a world class resume.
    I do hope his next fight is against a top 5 MW, or as you said at the very worst Lemieux.

I think Canelo should start cleaning the MW division against the lower tier top fighters like Derevyanchenko, while the rest of the guys fight each other. The MW division can't be waiting around for Canelo.

For me Jacobs should be his next opponent. He's already fought GGG in a very even fight and he beat highly touted Derevyechenko. But any of the top 5 will do.

I can understand if they hold off on Charlo or even Saunders as those have the potential to be Mega fights in USA and UK respectively and should promote these fights with time and allow those two fighters to become household names.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowballer View Post
      Fighters evolve, even in their primes. Its a natural occurrence. They get smarter and wiser with time.

Hopkins became a pro at 23 and had some tough fights along the way.

GGG became a pro at 24, and was fed nothing but cans.

When GGG finally stepped up, he's aura of invincibility and his "unnatural power" and but vanished.

But if it makes you feel better to have the opinion that Canelo beat a shell of what GGG once was or could have been then by all means have it.
      I never said shell, I'm just saying that it was strategic that they waited him out until he was 35 and showed vulnerability in his previous 2 fights. Truth is, Canelo hadn't faced a top guy who would be considered to be in his prime age since lara, over 4 yrs ago. Now there are a few guys at mw who are in their prime age range. Let's see if that happens. Because last night was a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by BestPR View Post
        Liam Smith, Amir Khan, and now Rocky Fielding...easy knock outs for Canela...why doesn't he fight guys like Hurd, Andrade, Jacobs, or the Charlos? Open your eyes...he and DLH know those black guys will fcuk him up!!!
        What does race have anything to do with this?

You sound very ignorant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          I never said shell, I'm just saying that it was strategic that they waited him out until he was 35 and showed vulnerability in his previous 2 fights. Truth is, Canelo hadn't faced a top guy who would be considered to be in his prime age since lara, over 4 yrs ago. Now there are a few guys at mw who are in their prime age range. Let's see if that happens. Because last night was a joke.
          Canelo defended his MW title for the very FIRST time in 2016.

Canelo fought Golovkin in 2017. The same year he first moved up in weight.

If GGG wanted Canelo sooner he should have accepted the CW.

Comment

Canelo defended his MW title for the very FIRST time in 2016.

Canelo fought Golovkin in 2017. The same year he first moved up in weight.

If GGG wanted Canelo sooner he should have accepted the CW.
            oh boy, here we go with the excuses. Why is it so hard for Canelo fans to admit he didn't want the fight? He got the mw title because ggg stepped aside and allowed canelo to face cotto. The agreement was ggg was the mandatory and would get a shot at the winner. Canelo won and picked on poor amir khan, the he dropped the belt and fought 2 more guys who had no business landing the fights. Don't be foolish to believe the catch weight excuse because 1. He jumped up really quick about 160 to face Chavez and as you saw last night, he didn't feel the need to gradually grow into 168 after just 2 fights at mw. 2. Isn't it obvious that he was taking clen to make 155 in the first place?

Comment

oh boy, here we go with the excuses. Why is it so hard for Canelo fans to admit he didn't want the fight? He got the mw title because ggg stepped aside and allowed canelo to face cotto. The agreement was ggg was the mandatory and would get a shot at the winner. Canelo won and picked on poor amir khan, the he dropped the belt and fought 2 more guys who had no business landing the fights. Don't be foolish to believe the catch weight excuse because 1. He jumped up really quick about 160 to face Chavez and as you saw last night, he didn't feel the need to gradually grow into 168 after just 2 fights at mw. 2. Isn't it obvious that he was taking clen to make 155 in the first place?

Its difficult to have an honest discussion with you because you use too much opinion and emotion with some facts.

I prefer to use mostly facts.

Fact 1: GGG has been saying since 2002 all the way through 2017 that he would fight between 154-168.

Fact 2: In 2016 Canelo publicly challeneged GGG to a non-title fight at 155.

Fact 3: Canelo made his first MW title defense in 2016.

Fact 4: Canelo's first fight above 155 was in 2017.

Fact 5: Canelo fought GGG in 2017.

If you would like to believe that Canelo waited for GGG to age 1 year and 4 months before accepting to fight him, that's your opinion.

I didn't note any difference between the GGG who fought Vanes or the GGG who fought Brook.

Comment

Its difficult to have an honest discussion with you because you use too much opinion and emotion with some facts.

I prefer to use mostly facts.

Fact 1: GGG has been saying since 2002 all the way through 2017 that he would fight between 154-168.

Fact 2: In 2016 Canelo publicly challeneged GGG to a non-title fight at 155.

Fact 3: Canelo made his first MW title defense in 2016.

Fact 4: Canelo's first fight above 155 was in 2017.

Fact 5: Canelo fought GGG in 2017.

If you would like to believe that Canelo waited for GGG to age 1 year and 4 months before accepting to fight him, that's your opinion.

I didn't note any difference between the GGG who fought Vanes or the GGG who fought Brook.
                1. Fact ggg was Canelos mandatory
                2. Fact Canelo said he wouldn't drop the belt to avoid ggg and then dropped the belt weeks after the khan fight.
                3. After khan, Canelo said he doesn't f around and called ggg into the ring, but then fought Smith and Chavez jr next instead.
                4. Fact Canelo has been fighting in the mw division since 2014
                5. Fact, Oscar said he Canelo wouldn't have a problem facing ggg at 160 but then offered ggg a flat fee which he knew wouldn't be accepted. When the fight finally happened, ggg made more than double the flat fee offer.
                6. Fact, ggg became Canelo mandatory at the end of 2015, Canelo didn't fight him until the last quarter of 2017. 22 months later.

Comment

1. Fact ggg was Canelos mandatory
                  2. Fact Canelo said he wouldn't drop the belt to avoid ggg and then dropped the belt weeks after the khan fight.
                  3. After khan, Canelo said he doesn't f around and called ggg into the ring, but then fought Smith and Chavez jr next instead.
                  4. Fact Canelo has been fighting in the mw division since 2014
                  5. Fact, Oscar said he Canelo wouldn't have a problem facing ggg at 160 but then offered ggg a flat fee which he knew wouldn't be accepted. When the fight finally happened, ggg made more than double the flat fee offer.
                  6. Fact, ggg became Canelo mandatory at the end of 2015, Canelo didn't fight him until the last quarter of 2017. 22 months later.
                  Im not disputing anything of what you posted. Are you disupiting anything I posted?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
                    Couldn't afford it? Yet I afforded the Loma fight and will be attending the Charlo brothers show and have ringside seats for the Turning Stone event in January. I have attended these cards in the last year and a half or so. Wilder/Stiverne, Garcia/Porter, Both Kovalev cards at the Hulu. Prograis/Diaz, Mungia/Ali, Diego Diaz at Turning Stone, ghost Guerrero/Figueroa at the Nassau Coliseum, Andrade in Boston. There are more than that, I just can't remember. The reason that I didn't waste my time on this one was that the card sucked. Does Big Stomps mean you are in shape or a fat slob?
                    Are you fuccing stupid?? You must be! 🤣
                    How are you gonna compare going to a Canelo fight to going to a Lomachenko or the Charlo brother fights??
                    Going to a Canelo fight is the Superbowl of Boxing you fool!
                    Tickets to a Canelo fight cost 15-20 times more than tixs to Lomachenko or Charlo fights!
                    If a certain ticket to a Charlo fight cost $100 then that same ticket at the same venue for a Canelo fight will cost $2000!
                    So how the fucc you even gonna compare them??🤔🤔🤣
                    Like I said, you can't afford to go to a Canelo fight you broke bastard!

Comment

Im not disputing anything of what you posted. Are you disupiting anything I posted?
                      not really lol

Comment

Working...
                      X