No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Destroys Rocky Fielding in Three For WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    General Public? Who besides boxing fans watched this fight?
    live...espn highlights...etc..

there are people with money in places like Vegas and NYC tonight) who work hard during the week and play harder on the weekend...some casuals just want to see a big fight and a big star regardless of whether they are big boxing fans or not...they just want to see a "big drama show"..especially in the big apple...

It was his MSG debut and now Canelo may be considered an attraction like any broadway show

same with highlights, the general ESPN highlights will show this Canelo guy knocking out a big man and winning a title in New York City and that's all "casuals" or those who just enjoy big shows need to see

basically it was like a big live commercial for Canelo

plus dude's name is Rocky...they know people will be interested...it's all marketing

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
      And no credit to Canelo for moving up to face a tomato can champion. When he does and faces a legit top fighter I will give him due credit. I’m not bashing him I’m just saying this fight didn’t count for crap.
      So then surely 32 of gggs fights didn’t count for you either right.

Comment

• Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
        The sad thing is that the guy would whoop you haha
        It's important to remember just because someone is a pro boxer doesn't mean they would whoop everyone. I don't think RG would fare well in too many street fights someone would grab him and slam him to the ground and pummle dude...that's why most boxer couldn't compete in UFC/MMA

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          It took balls to fight Fielding? Hell even Martiosyan was a tougher opponent.
          Golovkin whole career is based in fighting opponents like Fielding

Comment

• The performance was spectacular even if it was Rocky. Canelo was going to work on the inside.

Comment

• Well, I predicted 6th round TKO by debilitating body shot. It was 3rd round but the body shots were part of it. I didnt think Fielding would use his height but I did think he'd last a little longer. Fielding was limited but Canelo looked huge and his power seemed unreal.

I know I will catch some heat with this take but so be it: Canelo is still young and he's obviously talented and his competition was limited; but something seems unnatural about his power and his bulk in this fight. Maybe it was great matchmaking and expert nutrition but I felt like he looked like a 168lb version of Marquez in his 4th fight against Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
                Liam Smith looks world class compared to Fielding. At least Smith was no.1 in his division in the UK, that's something at least.

Groves, Smith, Eubank, Ryder, DeGale are all better than Fielding. I might even pick someone like Zach Parker or Jamie Cox to beat him. I'd put Fielding about no.6 in the UK at the very highest.
                Smith is definitely levels beyond fielding. There are welterweights that would beat fielding imo. Especially if he completely negates his size by fighting like an idiot the way he did tonight.

Comment

• How the F did that guy win a world title. He looked like an obese guy who lost like 200 lbs. no athletic ability at all. Pathetic.

Comment

• Rocky :-).He should have moved around, got on his bike like Khan.

Comment

• 100% mismatch. The result was expected although I thought Rocky could last a couple more rounds. The way Rocky was looking at his corner after the knockdowns, he wanted out of there asap

Comment

Working...
                      X