No announcement yet.

Why doesn’t Canelo fight some his age and weight🤷🏾*♂️

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
    ROFL!!! Dude was toyed with baby Floyd, had razor close controversial wins against Lara, trout and a 36 year old GGG.... you Canelo fans are straight delusional. He disrespected the sport by hiding at a made up weight class of 155 fighting welterweights.
    Nah I'm saying it's disgraceful he's allowwd to do that to other top level fighters. Charlo gets away with it because they're bums regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I think you are mistaken about him weighing more than 180 for GGG. I pay close attention to such matters and I don't remember anything about him weighing over 180. This sounds more like one of those rumors that are BS. Khan claimed Canelo gained 40 pounds and weighed 195 in the ring when he fought him. More Khan crybaby BS. People can say anything but it doesn't make it true. If HBO weighed him on fight night and said he weighed 180 or more I'll believe them but I don't think they did.
      If what you're saying was the case, why does Canelo choose not to disclose his fight night weight? Everything points to him rehydrating and weighing a lot more on fight night than at the weigh in. In the GGG fights he definitely was the heavier man on fight night. Reason they hid fight night weights was to keep the narrative that Canelo is the much smaller man. There are several respected sources that have claimed Canelo has been over 180 at Middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by HardcoreboxingG View Post
        Since Canelo came on the scene he has been fighting old fighters or fighters that has been brought up from a weight class below. Yes I know he fought GGG but he let him age there are young and capable fighters that are more and willing to fight him such as, Charlo, Jacobs, booboo. Come on that’s what we want too see fire against fire. It’s time to level the playing field!!! Now he going up to 68 to fight the weakest link how long will we stand for this bull?! Let’s see the best fight the best!!!!
        Almost all champions fight only twice a year or less and Canelo normally fights twice a year in May and September. This fight in December is an extra fight. It's a cherry pick easy fight that lets Canelo show off and win a belt in a higher weight class against a weak champion who was KOed in the first round by the real champ Callum Smith. Nobody should complain about this fight because Canelo normally would not be fighting until next May and this is an extra bonus fight. If Canelo does not fight a legit top 5 middleweight next may you will have every right to complain and I will join you. I have faith in Canelo and believe he will fight a worthy challenger this coming May.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
          If what you're saying was the case, why does Canelo choose not to disclose his fight night weight? Everything points to him rehydrating and weighing a lot more on fight night than at the weigh in. In the GGG fights he definitely was the heavier man on fight night. Reason they hid fight night weights was to keep the narrative that Canelo is the much smaller man. There are several respected sources that have claimed Canelo has been over 180 at Middleweight.
          I know he gains some weight as most boxers do but in the fights that HBO did announce his fight night weights it was always in the low 170s. If he did not let HBO weigh him for the GGG fight then maybe he did weigh 180 on fight night as you say. I know a gain of 20 pounds is possible and other boxers have gained that much weight and maybe a bit more. Canelo has to weigh in again in the morning for the Fielding fight and he can't weigh more than 178 pounds. I doubt it is possible for him to go up to near 200 pounds on fight night if he weighs 178 pounds or less that morning. I will be watching for any weights given for both boxers especially fight night weights. I hope they weigh them both on fight night and give us the weights. It should be interesting.

Comment

When you think about it Canelo is only 5ft. 8 inches tall so at nearly 200 pounds he would look fat and I have never seen him look fat in any fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I know he gains some weight as most boxers do but in the fights that HBO did announce his fight night weights it was always in the low 170s. If he did not let HBO weigh him for the GGG fight then maybe he did weigh 180 on fight night as you say. I know a gain of 20 pounds is possible and other boxers have gained that much weight and maybe a bit more. Canelo has to weigh in again in the morning for the Fielding fight and he can't weigh more than 178 pounds. I doubt it is possible for him to go up to near 200 pounds on fight night if he weighs 178 pounds or less that morning. I will be watching for any weights given for both boxers especially fight night weights. I hope they weigh them both on fight night and give us the weights. It should be interesting.
              So, Canelo's weights on fight nights at 154 were always mid 170s. You can find these by Googling. Against Lara, Trout and Kirkland, all mid 170s. So you're saying this hasn't changed at the 160 limit, despite the fact he looks massive compared to when he was fighting at 154? And despite the fact he's chosen not to disclose his fight night weights? C'mon stop being silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                He just beat the clown everyone was calling the best. STFU and sit the **** down. How about Charlo etc fight someone of note themselves?
                You are right about Charlo but you should STFU your self calling GGG a clown. How can Canelo be so good and GGG be a clown when Canelo could only beat him by a split decision and a single point in Canelo loving Vegas on a Golden Boy show????????

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                  I 100% agree with you because I'm the same size as Canelo.

5'7" around 180lbs stocky. The difference between us two though is I dont have as low as a body percentage as him and hes still huge.

My reach is longer than his too! 72 vs 70. So him weighing 180 on fight night should sound believable. People on here been saying GGG was bigger than Canelo and that Canelo is a small MW. Definite lies. Hes a true MW. Hes just short.

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
                    I 100% agree with you because I'm the same size as Canelo.

5'7" around 180lbs stocky. The difference between us two though is I dont have as low as a body percentage as him and hes still huge.

My reach is longer than his too! 72 vs 70. So him weighing 180 on fight night should sound believable. People on here been saying GGG was bigger than Canelo and that Canelo is a small MW. Definite lies. Hes a true MW. Hes just short.
                    Yea bro. Canelo's team also demanded they didn't release official fight night weights against GGG because it would go against the "Canelo is the smaller man" narrative.

Comment

Fielding, GGG, Lara, Trout, Kirkland, etc

Comment

Working...
                      X