No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn "Are We Running Or Begging Deontay Wilder?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
    Actually I disagree with Wilder this time, I don't want him to rematch Fury straight away.

I wish that he would fight AJ because it's a more entertaining fight, and I believe he can win.

And right now, he actually has some leverage because Hearn is desperate to get that WBC belt before Fury. If he loses to Fury in a rematch, AJ vs. Wilder probably never happens. If he loses to AJ, Fury would probably still give him the rematch further down the line.
    So basically you're scared of losing to Tyson again? Gotcha.

Comment

Bs from hearn and the dumb aj fanboys lap it up

Answer is simple: aj was running before fury-wilder fight, now he wants it after he sees his credibility take a hit, ex-boxers like lewis calling him out, joe rogan, stephen a smith and the public

Comment

When Hearn was trying to put pressure on Wilder and his people, he said AJ's April fight needed to be sorted by December. But now it's mid-December and we still don't know who his opponent will be. What's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          To become undisputed, ring magazine, lineal world heavyweight champion perhaps?
          #1 - Ring Magazine is owned by Oscar De La Hoya. Their tite is worthless.

#2 - Fury is rated #2 by Ring Magazine, so Wilder wouldn't necessarily become Ring champion by beating Joshua.

#3 - Fury is the lineal champion, so Wilder wouldn't become lineal champion by beating Joshua.

So you're not really making any sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            #1 - Ring Magazine is owned by Oscar De La Hoya. Their tite is worthless.

#2 - Fury is rated #2 by Ring Magazine, so Wilder wouldn't necessarily become Ring champion by beating Joshua.

#3 - Fury is the lineal champion, so Wilder wouldn't become lineal champion by beating Joshua.

So you're not really making any sense at all.
            Yep Wilders standing took an hit. Only Joshua-Fury can crown a new lineal now. Beyonce cherry picked and it backfired.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

Answer is simple: aj was running before fury-wilder fight, now he wants it after he sees his credibility take a hit, ex-boxers like lewis calling him out, joe rogan, stephen a smith and the public
              Bingo.

That's why AJ is going on things like ESPN to try and save some credibility.

They are in damage control

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

yup

honestly I believe hearn and AJ thought wilder would win rather easily...and then they could continue playing the same old games that they've been playing with wilder

but wilder/fury was good...it got people really talking and a rematch would be good business...now they have to act like they want to fight those guys or watch their rep take further hits

people are going as far as to call AJ #3....AJ is probably like "wtf eddie...#3? but look at all these belts I collected against the likes of joe parker and Charles martin?...help...do something"....

Comment

Pretty clear that Hearn has been put in his place with the whole Fury/Wilder thing. That is great for Heavyweight boxing as they're gonna have to take some more chances now.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Yep Wilders standing took an hit.
                    hahaha, the rematch is gonna sell twice as much as the first fight. i'm sure wilder is fine with taking that kind of "hit." he's going to make at least 20 million in his next fight regardless of opponent. doubt he has any complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
                      Bingo.

That's why AJ is going on things like ESPN to try and save some credibility.

They are in damage control
                      Or maybe he went on ESPN First Take because he was in NYC and it's a really big show?

Just throwing out possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                      X