No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn "Are We Running Or Begging Deontay Wilder?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Because he wanted to lock Wilder in at a lowball amount before Wilder had the chance to prove he could draw on PPV.

Wilder's PPV just did the equivalent of 1 million UK buys in the US alone. Meaning Wilder vs Fury likely generated just as much revenue as Joshua vs Povetkin did as Wilder vs Fury was on PPV in both the US and UK.

Yes, Fury is a stronger b-side than Povetkin, but it still means Wilder is now deserving of 40-45%, especially if the fight has to be in the UK where so much money will be left on the table.

So as long as Hearn is still talking about 35%, instead of 45%, Wilder is going to ignore him. Wilder vs Fury II likely breaks 500,000 buys in the US, meaning Wilder can make just as much as he'd make against Joshua.
    Haha, I knew the %'s would increase every time Hearn would come with a new offer. Anything to make sure the fight doesn't happen.

The Fury numbers aren't what Wilder is worth though. Wilder can only do those numbers and make some serious money outside of a Fury fight with Joshua. So if he doesn't take the deal, it's back to making peanuts again because he sure as hell isn't going anywhere near to PPV again unless he's prepared to see it all fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      Wilder can only do those numbers and make some serious money outside of a Fury fight with Joshua.
      Good thing he doesn't need to make serious money outside of a Fury fight then!

Wilder vs Fury II coming next year. In the US. Where Wilder will make more money than currently being offered by Hearn to fight Joshua in the UK.

It's a no brainer. Take less money to fight in the UK or more money to fight in the US? Easy decision. That's why Hearn is being ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        AJ is the one making all the moves to get the fight done. Wilder is the one making moves to make sure it doesn't happen. If he weren't "Begging", you lot would call him a coward. Oh no, wait, you dregs already do.

You lot are the most disgusting piles of worthless **** I've ever come across in all my years of watching boxing. But that's just American's for you.

He woudn't need to make moves if he just, you know, took the $50M. He saw Wilder look a bit vulnerable against Fury and the limey coward suddenly grew some balls. Pathetic.

Comment

Yeah i don't think anyone with any boxing knowledge actually think this was a one way thing. I never thought both team negotiated the fight in good faith. I didn't think either camp did enough to make that fight, from Joshua and Wilder point of view. I didn't think they ducked each other. The easiest way to drum up hype is to claim the A-side is ducking you.

Comment

Why would Wilder go to the UK for 20 million to fight AJ when he can fight Fury at home for 20 million or more?
            To become undisputed, ring magazine, lineal world heavyweight champion perhaps?

And you know Wilder is going to make more fighting Joshua in terms of money and prize than fighting Fury so cut out the spin.

It's just uncle Al Haymon keeping him away from a knockout loss until he squeezes his investment dry.

Comment

So is the argument that Joshua ducked the Wilder fight by lowballing him?

Pre Fury, Wilder was a nobody. Paper champ with nothing worthwhile on his resume and fighting in half empty venues. While Joshua fought top 10 fighters and actively sought to unify belts in massive stadium fights.

Wilder has some credibility now. Gained by being humbled by only his second credible opponent (albeit one that was on an unlikely comeback).

So Joshua is interested now. What does Wilder do? He's suddenly a big name but that will only last until the next time he fights a top 2 fighter and gets shown up.

If I were him, I'd go for the undisputed. The odds will be massively against him but I reckon he's more chance of landing a haymaker on Joshua, and Joshua is more ko-able in my opinion. Might as well go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                So is the argument that Joshua ducked the Wilder fight by lowballing him?

Pre Fury, Wilder was a nobody. Paper champ with nothing worthwhile on his resume and fighting in half empty venues. While Joshua fought top 10 fighters and actively sought to unify belts in massive stadium fights.

Wilder has some credibility now. Gained by being humbled by only his second credible opponent (albeit one that was on an unlikely comeback).

So Joshua is interested now. What does Wilder do? He's suddenly a big name but that will only last until the next time he fights a top 2 fighter and gets shown up.

If I were him, I'd go for the undisputed. The odds will be massively against him but I reckon he's more chance of landing a haymaker on Joshua, and Joshua is more ko-able in my opinion. Might as well go for it.

Wilder is a paper champion after Fury as well, he lost that fight.

Comment

Good thing he doesn't need to make serious money outside of a Fury fight then!

Wilder vs Fury II coming next year. In the US. Where Wilder will make more money than currently being offered by Hearn to fight Joshua in the UK.

It's a no brainer. Take less money to fight in the UK or more money to fight in the US? Easy decision. That's why Hearn is being ignored.

Ah okay son you admit he's ducking Joshua....at least your consistant.

Comment

You have to realize that most people are sheep. If Wilder says that AJ is ducking, then he's ducking. No matter how many times AJ and Hearn offer life changing contracts to Wilder, the are still somehow ducking just because Wilder says so hahaha. It's stupid. In one week Wilder has said that AJ is ducking, now he is begging and next week it'll be something else and his idiot fans will lap it up and repeat every stupid thing that he says. What they won't say is that Wilder really lost the fight and got a gift decision though...

Comment

What I don’t get is why has it taken AJ until now to come out and talk. Before he kept saying he didn’t like to talk about it, now all of a sudden he’s openly actively talking about it.

Those are actions of a man who knows he could get frozen out

Too little too late now

Comment

Working...
                      X