Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Will Be Ringside, Scouting The Whyte-Chisora Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    It has nothing to do with how well it would or wouldn't sell in the US. It has everything to do with Wilder's ridiculous demands and Hearn giving into him to try and get this fight done. But here we still are with nothing to show for it.
    I see is not fair they offer Parker 30% or 32.5% a unknown paper champ of New Zealand who got a home gift decision against Andy Ruiz. They bought that WBO belt of Parker. Wilder as the WBC champion and a prestigious belt who have history, they offer flat fee of $15 million first. For the note, I don't believe about that $50 million bull shit the manager of Wilder thrown without prove of those funds. The man merit as a minimum 65/35 in favor of Joshua, especially when Wilder is the one who going to UK. Now I agree with you with that disparity of Wilder when he said 50/50 or nothing. In what universe Wilder merit a 50/50, that is something I don't know, but is a disparity. I know fighters begin with high % and they lower a little during negotiation, but, Damn!!! he was firm with that 50/50. That is something I don't agree with Wilder.
    Last edited by Dasmius Shinobi; 12-12-2018, 12:35 AM. Reason: corrections

Comment

• Originally posted by Dasmius Shinobi View Post
      I see is not fair they offer Parker 30% or 32.5% a unknown paper champ of New Zealand who got a home gift decision against Andy Ruiz. They bought that WBO belt of Parker. Wilder as the WBC champion and a prestigious belt who have history, they offer flat fee of $15 million first. For the note, I don't believe about that $50 million bull shit the manager of Wilder thrown without prove of those funds. The man merit as a minimum 65/35 in favor of Joshua, especially when Wilder is the one who going to UK. Now I agree with you with that disparity of Wilder when he said 50/50 or nothing. In what universe Wilder merit a 50/50, that is something I don't know, but is a disparity. I know fighters begin with high % and they lower a little during negotiation, but, Damn!!! he was firm with that 50/50. That is something I don't agree with Wilder.

you are not telling the whole story

FACT: Wilder accepted a flat-fee

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/deonta...ry?id=55818581
      https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...ight-7wfjspft9
      https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/new...aits-response/

problem is, Hearn forgot to include some rather important details in the contract..... such as, a date..... and such as, guaranteeing Joshua next LMAO

AFTER the negotiations broke down, Wilder mentioned 50%

even Wilder did not take that 50/50 talk seriously, and that 50/50 talk did not take place during a negotiation..... it was just sour-g****s talk from Wilder - after the fact - when they realized that Hearn was pulling their chain

like I have been saying for a looooong time..... until they offer Wilder 32.5% (minimum), which is what they offered Parker..... no serious negotiations were harmed in the making of that fight

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        you are not telling the whole story

FACT: Wilder accepted a flat-fee

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/deonta...ry?id=55818581
        https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...ight-7wfjspft9
        https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/new...aits-response/

problem is, Hearn forgot to include some rather important details in the contract..... such as, a date..... and such as, guaranteeing Joshua next LMAO

AFTER the negotiations broke down, Wilder mentioned 50%

even Wilder did not take that 50/50 talk seriously, and that 50/50 talk did not take place during a negotiation..... it was just sour-g****s talk from Wilder - after the fact - when they realized that Hearn was pulling their chain

like I have been saying for a looooong time..... until they offer Wilder 32.5% (minimum), which is what they offered Parker..... no serious negotiations were harmed in the making of that fight
        Thank you for the links. I forgot important pieces for all this ordeal of the negotiation that dragged long and still are dragging. That was a good refresh for my memory.

My only question and concern, Shelly Finkel proved evidence of the funds of those $50 millions? I always wonder that.
        Last edited by Dasmius Shinobi; 12-12-2018, 01:20 AM. Reason: corrections

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          Loligag is totally okay with Joshua and his promoter promoting a fight against a lesser guy in Whyte. Just like they were okay with Joshua going after the lesser champ in Parker. Just like they were okay with fighting a mando instead of unifying (undisputed).

We all have our differences when it comes to opinions on who is the best, who won this fight and who didn't. But universally, we all agree that the best should fight the best and money doesn't get in the way of making major fights. However, money is all AJ fans want to talk about as their promoter hides behind money as an excuse not to make the best match ups. NOBODY WANTS TO SEE A JOSHUA-WHYTE REMATCH! Especially after Whyte struggled to beat Parker (almost got KO'd in the 12th). Oh but he's ranked here there and everywhere. We don't care. The eye test says Whyte is limited.

So Joshua has a choice between Wilder, Fury, Ortiz, and a guy who he's beat before (not a mandatory). Who will he choose? Whyte.
          You have stated your opinion too which I don't think I have any problems with. But the fact still remains that whyte fought his way to this #1 position by every organizations which is the guide. Ortiz should do same. You don't get another title shot by mere talking and fighting fringe fighters. That's all I can say for Ortiz

As for wilder, an improved contract is still on the table for him to sign with a rematch clause in the US. This is another fact. It doesn't matter what you think.

Fury pulled the surprise button as most fans saw him as a cherry picked by wilder that turned soar, almost ended in defeat.

If whyte beat Del Boy and wilder didn't sign, whyte takes the date and there is nothing they Americans can do about that than to write shyyte on this forum. The fact is the people that complain are not the guys that buy the ppv just like you.

Boxing is a sport and also business, it's not a favor game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
            A KO artist who has a 97% KO rate who the world has been wanting to see fight Joshua vs a guy who Joshua already beat and hasn’t improved much since.... he is know in his own country 17000 proved that. Is it because he can’t sell out a stadium?? Outside of Canelo who can?? Boxing is a niche sport here but he is known and regardless of the outcome of the Fury fight he became more popular as did Fury.
            Still doesn't change the fact that he can't sell out a 21k arena.
            The sales rose to 17k including the free tickets giving out was because of the way they promoted the fightbandnhis shyyytte talks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              these dorks all hide behind "top 10 top 10 top 10 oppoment" all the time when they want...they did it with little golovkin.....but top 10 opponents don't mean jack sheet when fans consider the division garbage

the MW division for the most part, during golovkins reign, was hot trash....we all know that...you had top 10 guys like geagle getting blown out by little cotto....you have guys like Curtis stevens who was beaten by D level club fighters in his career

now you talk HW division? well Ortiz is trash according to AJ fans ....yet hes a top 5 hw....wilder is a limited bum who only beats bums...yet hes the WBC champ and a top 3 HW too......so if Ortiz and wilder are top 5 then the division must clearly be trash too....so bragging about fighting top 10 opponents means NOTHING

but these guys will twist and contort anything to protect their darling AJ

if someone is legit going through top 10 opponents in a loaded division they will get credit.....but MW during golovkins reign was top 2 worst divisions in boxing.....and if you listen to AJs fans the HW division now, during AJs "reign", is top 2 worst in boxing too
              At least you acknowledge that this is AJ's reign. Hez the unified champ and every other contenders or champions will have to bend to his request or forge their own path until they are ready to bow to the king and make the fight.

I can't remember moneyman giving anybody 50/50, he can't cos hez the king of kings.

Meanwhile let's not pretend the rankings don't matter. Wilder fought over 60% of fighters ranked above 100 or unranked.

Fury came back from almost 3yrs layoff and fought two fighters ranked above 100 and you want us to pretend it doesn't matter.

Common man....

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                You didn't? I could have sworn you said "the challenger comes to the champ ", then try to discredit Wilder status as champ, because it doesn't suit your agenda.

"You would do well to point out any point You think is false " Well, I thought I did that by showing that AJ, the "champ" is going to the Whyte fight, and I fully expect an announcement at that time. That whole thing is your opinion anyway, regarding champs and challengers. It's not a fact to be disproven
                You are beginning to act like a cry baby.
                You want us to pretend like the unified champ have not send contracts on three occasions to the wbc champ.

Aside wilder /fury who happens to be locked down, whyte is next in line. And pls don't give me that Ortiz crap cos whyte is still higher than him in every ranking. So what's you point?

Comment

• [QUOTE=GGG Gloveking;19346254]And even though the Fury fight for made in what, a week, they're going to say its Wilders team that's so hard to work with[/QUOTE

Fury is sherry pick go wrong.
                  It was suppose to be a work over to give wilder more stand to negotiate with AJ but we all see how it turns out.

Givingnfury a rematch clause says it all. I can't remember where a challenger is giving a rematch clause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dasmius Shinobi View Post
                    Thank you for the links. I forgot important pieces for all this ordeal of the negotiation that dragged long and still are dragging. That was a good refresh for my memory.

My only question and concern, Shelly Finkel proved evidence of the funds of those $50 millions? I always wonder that.
                    They didn't prove anything. They didn't even want a meeting. They even cancelled two meetings before their phantom crackhead 50m dollars offer.

Then Warren came out and said Finkel, him and BT sport were the ones working to put 80m dollars together in a two fight deal to Joshua. Which kinda makes sense why the phantom offer was a "No meeting" offer.

No way educated persons would offer you that kind of money and then say no meeting because it would be non-productive.

Even Hearn came out and said he thinks the money is real at first, then he recently did interviews were he was saying otherwise, he thought the money was real due to Al haymon connection, but Haymon isn't investing that much into any Wilder fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      were any of them better than 50mil ?

were any of them better than the 32.5% they paid Parker?

were any of them better than the 35% that Hearn recently admitted Wilder was worth?

Hearn has been playing with your peepee 3x on three different occasions

Hearn is doing Arum-speak, and you are falling for it you muppet
                      The contract offered is huge enough for any ambitious champ that claimed to want to be undisputed and the only face of the division that claim to be willing to fight anywhere in the world to sign the contract and back his words with action.

The brother just want to sell his green belt at the highest price he can. The "it's not about the money" IA all bull****te.

Comment

Working...
                      X