Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pedraza: I'm Proud of What I Did, It Was Close Until The 11th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goodtry View Post
    The daddy was so scare that refused biggest payday just not to meet with nightmare in a ring again. Fight for ten time less. True mexican warrior, father of Lomachenko. Please, continue, we all know the story.
    Salido scared?

Lol

Loma said that Salido won, and he said that Salido was a true warrior

Comment

First off, I loved Joe T. when he was just the Friday Night Fights and College football play by play guy. He was a gem, reacting to what was happening not cheerleading. It really irritates me how unprofessional he has become since Boxing is a huge deal on ESPN and he got the MNF gig. So, I have a new rule: Sound is off on boxing. I watch commentaries free.

So, when I say this I mean it- I gave Pedraza 2 early rounds. Never did I think he was winning, but Lomachenko was fairly inactive in rounds 1-4, and Pedraza was. I know round 1 I gave him, and I think round 3. But otherwise, it was a "survive and look respectable" type of performance. Lomachenko set the pace and decided when he was goung to pounce. Loma controlled the ring. The round 11 KDs were very impressive, but I got the feeling Lomachenko did not press for the KO for some reason.

Pedraza will get a few more money fights out of surviving Loma. He has the chance to carve out a good career. But he was never a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
        Man, do you imagine saying that kind of things to Macho Camacho (RIP) after the fight against Chávez?

It's sad but P.R boxing is in a very bad moment.

I don't know what is happenning with the boricua boxing school.
        The majority of the guilty is Sports and Recreation in Puerto Rico with his disorganization, funds are not sufficient and mediocre coaches. Also have to do with the discipline of the boxers. The problems with the puerto ricans crowds are the hyping of the boxers and the boxers living in this hype and ultimately much of them and not working more than 100% because they believe in this hype that they are going to become the next Wilfredo Benitez, Tito Trinidad... etc.

Comment

Noob, Salido won clearly that second fight against Martínez and got robbed.

Be a champion of the world means that you are élite.

Nery, Navarrete and Nelo are the #1 in their division

And all the other fighters can be the #1 too.

Loma accepted that Salido won
          The irony of a Canelo fan crying robbery for another fighter. Lol. Being a world champion does not qualify you as elite during this watered down era of boxing. There are at least 4+5 champions per division and some organizations have 2 champions in the same division. That doesn't make you elite. The word Elite is reserved for top pound for pound quality fighters.
          Not some guy who picked up title #4 in his division and would likely lose badly to the #1 guy in the division.

Comment

I missed the first 5 rounds so I can't say I scored it. I didn't watch the fight intensely, as a scoring judge from round 6 on but I thought Loma was winning the fight and increasingly as it went on. But again didn't watch the first 6. Clearly facing a bigger opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
              First off, I loved Joe T. when he was just the Friday Night Fights and College football play by play guy. He was a gem, reacting to what was happening not cheerleading. It really irritates me how unprofessional he has become since Boxing is a huge deal on ESPN and he got the MNF gig. So, I have a new rule: Sound is off on boxing. I watch commentaries free.

So, when I say this I mean it- I gave Pedraza 2 early rounds. Never did I think he was winning, but Lomachenko was fairly inactive in rounds 1-4, and Pedraza was. I know round 1 I gave him, and I think round 3. But otherwise, it was a "survive and look respectable" type of performance. Lomachenko set the pace and decided when he was goung to pounce. Loma controlled the ring. The round 11 KDs were very impressive, but I got the feeling Lomachenko did not press for the KO for some reason.

Pedraza will get a few more money fights out of surviving Loma. He has the chance to carve out a good career. But he was never a threat.
              I started watching in round 6 so don't know what happened early. But from what I saw it seemed like Loma was winning every round. Never felt that Pedraza was winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                The irony of a Canelo fan crying robbery for another fighter. Lol. Being a world champion does not qualify you as elite during this watered down era of boxing. There are at least 4+5 champions per division and some organizations have 2 champions in the same division. That doesn't make you elite. The word Elite is reserved for top pound for pound quality fighters.
                Not some guy who picked up title #4 in his division and would likely lose badly to the #1 guy in the division.
                Nery beat #1 Yamanaka.
                Canelo beat #1 GGG.
                Navarrete beat #1 Dogboe
                Estrada beat #1 Viloria

And a lot more are waiting to fight with other champs

Argentina: 0 champions in this era

Puerto Rico 1

Filipinas like 3

Rusia: like 2.

Aint easy

Comment

Originally posted by Dasmius Shinobi View Post
                  The majority of the guilty is Sports and Recreation in Puerto Rico with his disorganization, funds are not sufficient and mediocre coaches. Also have to do with the discipline of the boxers. The problems with the puerto ricans crowds are the hyping of the boxers and the boxers living in this hype and ultimately much of them and not working more than 100% because they believe in this hype that they are going to become the next Wilfredo Benitez, Tito Trinidad... etc.
                  I think the biggest problem is the poor Quality of the trainers

And the discipline of the fighters.

But, man, are 10 years of this bad moment

Comment

Pedraza put up a good fight but Loma was to much for him.
                    I guess he can be proud that he didnt get KO'd?
                    Strange but hey thats his business.

Comment

Nery beat #1 Yamanaka.
                      Canelo beat #1 GGG.
                      Navarrete beat #1 Dogboe
                      Estrada beat #1 Viloria

And a lot more are waiting to fight with other champs

Argentina: 0 champions in this era

Puerto Rico 1

Filipinas like 3

Rusia: like 2.

Aint easy
                      Inoue is the top fighter at bantam weight. Canelo got a decision over canelo where more people thought he lost or had it a draw than the # of people who thought he won. He's considered elite but hasn't proven to be better than 36 yr old ggg and aside from that, he has work to do in that division because there is top talent there. Not sure why he's messing around with this rocky guy for. As for estrada, he lost to the top guy in that weight class. You're refrrring to a win over washed up viloria 5 yrs ago. World titles are much easier to come by now than ever before and they're even easier in the lower weight classes because there is a much smaller population of grown men who can fight at 120 pounds or less.

Comment

Working...
                      X