No announcement yet.

talking to casuals about boxing is hilarious

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    I was at work and these guys have me rolling..Asked me do I think Wilder could beat Mayweather....Another told me Mike Tyson was top 5 boxer of all time...I asked him who the hell has he ever beaten and his reply"HE BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THAT WHITE GUY"...WHAT???

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Because there is an entity that believes it's in their best interest for fans to learn how boxing really operates behind the scenes. So I was hired to clarify discrepancies and misconceptions about how the sanctioning bodies do business, how promoters interact with sanctioning bodies, the various politics in the sport, etc.

I signed an NDA and I'm not allowed to reveal who pays me to post.

The original idea was that since I was friends with the WBC president, and I had friends that had relationships with the WBA and IBF presidents, that working together would make this account more informative and better able to answer questions about the differences between the three largest boxing organizations.

Because the friends I allow to use the account have just as much experience as me working in boxing, if not more. It benefits the mission of this account to have as much knowledge and experience as possible to answer questions about how sanctioning bodies conduct business and the inner workings of boxing politics.

For the last couple of years, before DAZN launched in the US, DAZN has had the foreign rights to fights I promote.

I'm not here to plug my fights and I don't want anyone to know who I am. My background as a promoter allows me to offer insight into how the sanctioning bodies work, but I'm not here to discuss my promotional company. That's a separate part of my business that has nothing to do with my posts here.
      I didn't think you was going say anything worth any credibility.
      Last edited by Jax teller; 12-10-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

This girl at my worked asked me if mayweather would ever fight klitschko once. She actually ended up getting into some of the big fights tho

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley_ View Post
          Do all your friends come over to your house to post? All your posts come from the same IP address
          oh dear oh dear, he's had a shocker.

Comment

The best I've heard is someone saying mundine was the best pound for pound fighter in the world and the guy behind me at the Horn- Pac fight telling his mate the junior bantamweight fight was for an under 18 title.

Comment

Yeah I’ve noticed that whenever casuals hear about a new guy, they will ask “how would they do against Floyd?” With no concept of weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                Casuals are no worse than fake fans who scream,
                "IT'S A LOWBALL OFFER!"
                As if they're Wilder's accountants and will get some percentage of it.
                Kills me. Truly disgusting. This is not even some Pacquaio they're defending.
                This is just some nobody who fought nobodies the majority of his career.

the idea with bringint hat up is to put the blame on the right person for wilder - joshua not happening.

given that wilder has already lost and that the fight won't take place until after a fury rematch in which fury will almost surely take the W it's not that far fetched to say that wilder - joshua might not happen when both are in their primes. at the very least wilder is de facto a no longer undefeated fighter.

and that blame is placed almost exclusively on hearn. he turned down more money to keep the fight in the UK, and when he made offers regarding the UK fight they were in line with the money joe parker made [even parker got a split,] and a flat fee. he also tried to hide his guy behind dillian white. took a mandatory against alexander povetkin, took every opportunity to crap on the fight and have his fighter crap on it [something you don't do when you want to build an opponent.]

just face it, it is what it is. wilder - joshua would have been better than wilder - fury. crazy, i know, as it was a good fight, but you have to underatnd that styles make fights and that fury's skill and style made it hard for wilder to make contact, and fury didn't beat him up for it.

again, wilder - joshua probably won't happen when wilder is in his prime. it won't happen when wilder is undefeated. that's on eddie hearn

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  I was at work and these guys have me rolling..Asked me do I think Wilder could beat Mayweather....Another told me Mike Tyson was top 5 boxer of all time...I asked him who the hell has he ever beaten and his reply"HE BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THAT WHITE GUY"...WHAT???
                  Actually met a guy irl one of my friend's friends that tried to convince me that Wilder won because he got knockdowns and was aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    They haven't released the gate or PPV numbers. LIES again.
                    https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-f...v-buys--134375

The PPV numbers have been released.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-f...v-buys--134375

The PPV numbers have been released.
                      Can't you read?

"Showtime has not confirmed the number of buys produced"

You have speculation.

Stop lying fool.

Comment

Working...