Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

robberies like fury vs wilder continue to destroy boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
    Do they use pencil and simply erase and re-do?
    lol..maybe they just have "just in case cards"...

Comment

Amazed that nobody gets locked up for it.

Doesn't America have laws against corruption and fraud?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        lol..maybe they just have "just in case cards"...
        The sad thing is I was being serious as I've heard they change their cards if the ending is not what the ptb want.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
          Nobody cares doe.
          No one has been punished for it.
          we should boycott the rematch.it will again be another over priced ppv. I will be boycotting the rematch.

Comment

It doesn't take a genius to see that there's corruption in the sport.

Even something as stupid as the Oscars use an independent auditor to hold the results.

Boxing uses 3 dudes with a pencil who tell no-one what they've scored until the fight is over. They know before the fight what side their bread is buttered on.

If Boxing was clean, it would be really easy to show it. Just have them do scores on a tablet/laptop with the scores submitted after each round. Or hand in a round card to an independent each round.

The fact that they don't, tells me that they can't.
            Last edited by Toffee; 12-08-2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

There will always be robberies US fighters will always get the nod over foreign fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                There will always be robberies US fighters will always get the nod over foreign fighters
                It runs deeper than that.

Of course in each country, that's not only how they score. But the ref's corrupt actions in either stopping/not stopping a fight are often seen. Perhaps the most insidious corruption is when ref allows the "favored" fighter to get away with repeated fouls such as gonad shots, head butts, forearms, elbows w.o. points deducted or a DQ.

See what Reiss allowed Ward to do to Kessler repeatedly. Was Mike Tyson ever deducted for all the elbows and forearms he used?

To me this is the most egregious corruption in boxing, and I don't think it's due to ineptness. Doesn't occur in every fight. But some results are definitely planned or ordered. The allowance of repeated fouls not only alters the outcome but can lead to disastrous results for a fighter such as in McClellan vs Benn where Benn should have had deductions and if he didn't stop, a DQ called for all his rabbit punches.

The ref is supposed to follow the rules and protect both fighters and not be in anyone's pocket. But not on this planet.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
                  last saturday boxing got another black eye. Let's not forget gvozdyk vs chickenson had terrible score cards luckily for gvozdyk he was able to ko his opponent. This has been going on since the beginning of the sport. will coruption always be a part of boxing.
                  They were trying to rob Gyozdyk. The judge who had Wilder ahead by 4 points was paid off or incompetent. The English judge called it a draw and the Canadian gave the fight to Wilder so only one judge perhaps tried to rob Fury. I thought Fury won a close fight and a draw was off the mark but not a robbery. Wilder gets 4 points for the two knock downs and I think he might have won two of the other 10 rounds.

Comment

Yeah, wish we could go back to the good ol days.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                      It doesn't take a genius to see that there's corruption in the sport.

Even something as stupid as the Oscars use an independent auditor to hold the results.

Boxing uses 3 dudes with a pencil who tell no-one what they've scored until the fight is over. They know before the fight what side their bread is buttered on.

If Boxing was clean, it would be really easy to show it. Just have them do scores on a tablet/laptop with the scores submitted after each round. Or hand in a round card to an independent each round.

The fact that they don't, tells me that they can't.
                      This makes a lot of sense. Great post sir

Comment

Working...
                      X