Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else fed up of people mentioning Ortiz as an elite fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he is generally overrated and not elite. Wilder likes to make him out to be a monster that AJ is afraid of. If Ortiz had defeated someone like Whyte after getting knocked out by Wilder he would deserve a shot at AJ's title but he has yet to do that. AJ fighting him now would look weak as if AJ was fighting Wilder's leftovers. I think Ortiz at age 39 is too old and not good enough to ever be a heavyweight champion.

Comment

he gets major hype and i mean big hype from wilder fans to beef up his cv, thats all

Comment

If you check out Ortiz's entire record on boxrec you will see that he has never defeated a top 10 heavyweight. Jennings is his best win and Jennings is ranked number 12 by boxrec. Ortiz has yet to defeat a top 10 heavyweight and therefor is not elite.

Comment

The new Ruiz...

You can thank Wilder fans for hyping him up.

Comment

mostly sick of hearing that about Whyte

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              Nope, because he has beaten 4 dudes who were top 10 while Ortiz hasn't beaten a single one.

Because he won the Olympics while Ortiz could not win the national Cuban title because of odlanier Solis

Is that enough?

who has parker beat?
              who has povetkin beat?
              who has takam beat?
              who has dillian whyte beat?

nobody is the answer to all those questions. ortiz is at worst equal to all those guys.

wlad is the only guy i rate on joshua resume and he was coming off of a loss and a year layoff.

joshua gotta fight wilder or fury or i dont give a *****

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                actually most of us are fed up with fgts like you trying to make him out to be complete shyt....ortiz is still a top 4 HW right now.....thats why whyte and joshua wouldnt fight him.......thats why hearn would rather fight usyk or whyte again after already beating him
                Usyk is better than Ortiz and would completely school him. That's a far better (and bigger) fight. No doubt about it.

Whyte has a better resume and better wins than Ortiz so it's debatable who's got more merit but Ortiz on the eye test is superior. Not sure who I'd pick in that one given Ortiz' age. Ortiz has been given a push lately which he didn't get years ago when he was perhaps of the right age to reign and beat the top guys.

Comment

If Fury had stayed down he'd probably be ranked #2 all-time with Wilder fans but he'll school Wilder in a re-match and then be a bum.

"Beat my guy and he's a bum. Lose to my guy and he's a god" - boxing fans.

Comment

Ortiz was a good win.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      If Fury had stayed down he'd probably be ranked #2 all-time with Wilder fans but he'll school Wilder in a re-match and then be a bum.

"Beat my guy and he's a bum. Lose to my guy and he's a god" - boxing fans.

fury is gonna get knocked out in the rematch and everybody will say he was supposed to get knocked out the first time. big deal

Comment

Working...
                      X