Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Referee Reiss Explains Why He Allowed Tyson Fury To Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good ref. When a fighter goes down, the ref should count 99% of the time. The only time you're not counting is when a fighter needs IMMEDIATE medical attention.

This really isn't even a controversy. Controversy happen when refs jump in to stop the fight when one guy is taking 'punishment'.

Comment

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      Thanks for that. It shows he does it all the time

He does it here also. He counted right to 10 for Monroe before Monroe rose and he was still willing to give him a chance

Comment

• Originally posted by Kazeki View Post
        I don’t see how getting on his knees and yelling the count matters. It’s not like that helps a fighter recuperate
        I guess you didn’t see Reiss slow and alternate his count when he was at 8-9 vs when he was at 5-7!

There’s a clearly a slight difference especially at 9 when he said,”niiiiiiiiiiiine”!

You guys need to cut the excuses!

The refs job is to not help the fighter but to save him from further damage and Reiss risked his job by allowing a man who he admitted was knocked out and unresponsive for 5 straight seconds!

You guys need to stop following what the crowd says and make your own minds up!

The fact is that it was a classic fight and Fury surpassed expectations but he got knocked out and the ref admitted to doing everything to help him besides giving him CPR!

That sounds like a ref that had money on the line, his excuse was that he did it for the “spirits” and that “boxing needed it”! What a load of crap, Reiss needs to be investigated and we need an interview with the timekeeper!

Comment

• The Slow count

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
          Embarrassment by the ref he took 2seconds for every 1second he counted.

He also forgot to ad that he let him. Continue because he had money on fury
          The slowest count ever. Reminded me of the Tyson/Douglas fight with Mills Lane as the referee.

Comment

• Originally Posted by BoxHec View Post
            "So when I went down to count... not only did I get down, I scooted in so he could see my hand and hear my voice."

"I said three, four... he was grimacing, his eyes and his cheeks, he was grimacing so I knew he was awake and then when I said five his eyes popped open like I startled him. He rolled over and got up and said "I'm OK! Jack I'm OK" or whatever he said. I said, 'Do you want to continue?', he said 'Yes' and put his arms on my shoulders. I pushed his arms off and said walk over there, come back to me and show me you're OK. He did and we let it go.

You want more proofs that this referee was rooting for Fury and saved him? lol!

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            How is that saving him? Please explain. Fury beat the count, Reiss checked he was fit to continue by giving him a more difficult test by making him walk further than other refs do to check his balance.
            "not only did I get down, I scooted in so he could see my hand and hear my voice."
            So he don't try to help him??? LOL!!!

"...and put his arms on my shoulders. I said walk over there, come back to me and show me you're OK. He did and we let it go."
            So if during that time he either continuing the count he will reach 10 or either; after Fury say "Yes"; let the fight starting again, he didn't do either, BS white referee who root for the white british/irish dude

So a referee make a boxer walk into the ring to recuperate and without following his count? WTF is it? not pro boxing at all where the 10 count is one the first rule (and watch the end of the 12th round between JC Chavez & Meldrick Taylor to see the difference between the two referees, if the referee wanted to save Taylor he will then make him walk too to recuperate a little bit for making the distance, 5 seconds left I believe)

SO Wilder by KO in the 12th round!

Comment

• great officiating. reiss generally gets down in front of the fighters face for the count. fantastic job and he should get the next fight should it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxHec View Post
                Originally Posted by BoxHec View Post
                "So when I went down to count... not only did I get down, I scooted in so he could see my hand and hear my voice."

"I said three, four... he was grimacing, his eyes and his cheeks, he was grimacing so I knew he was awake and then when I said five his eyes popped open like I startled him. He rolled over and got up and said "I'm OK! Jack I'm OK" or whatever he said. I said, 'Do you want to continue?', he said 'Yes' and put his arms on my shoulders. I pushed his arms off and said walk over there, come back to me and show me you're OK. He did and we let it go.

"not only did I get down, I scooted in so he could see my hand and hear my voice."

"...and put his arms on my shoulders. I said walk over there, come back to me and show me you're OK. He did and we let it go."
                So if during that time he either continuing the count he will reach 10 or either; after Fury say "Yes"; let the fight starting again, he didn't do either, BS white referee who root for the white british/irish dude

So a referee make a boxer walk into the ring to recuperate and without following his count? WTF is it? not pro boxing at all where the 10 count is one the first rule (and watch the end of the 12th round between JC Chavez & Meldrick Taylor to see the difference between the two referees, if the referee wanted to save Taylor he will then make him walk too to recuperate a little bit for making the distance, 5 seconds left I believe)

there are a few refs out there that give the boxer a task to do in order to judge them fit to continue. Riess made fury walk to a corner and back. other refs repeatedly ask the boxer if they would like to continue. its duty of care.

chavez v taylor was almost 30yrs ago. not relevant now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Objective77
                  I still had Wilder winning 4 rounds with 2 of those containing knockdowns which puts it at a draw.
                  na that would put it 114-112 for Fury winning. wilder would need to win 5 rounds for it to be a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxHec View Post
                    Originally Posted by BoxHec View Post

You know nothing of boxing do you?

That count is for the fighter to get to his feet. Refs make a fighter walk to check that he can still continue, that he has balance and control of his limbs.

Really embarrassing post by you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Objective77
                      I still had Wilder winning 4 rounds with 2 of those containing knockdowns which puts it at a draw.
                      No it doesn't. That would make the score 114-112, a Fury win.

The posters claiming it was a draw/Wilder win cant even workout a score FFS.

Comment

Working...
                      X