Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Referee Reiss Explains Why He Allowed Tyson Fury To Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was typical Reiss reffing. Watch this

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      Ref robbed Wilder of a KO victory!

I give Fury credit he has balls and a ton of heart but he should’ve been counted out!

There’s video where the ringside time scorer gets up when Tyson touches the mat and counts, when she was at 6 while Reiss was at 4!

I picked Fury to outbox Wilder which he mostly did but even Jack Reiss admitted that he didn’t fully follow boxing protocol and basically did his own thing!

Reiss needs to be investigated, never seen a ref get down on their knees and yell the count near a fighters ears!

9.5 out of 10 refs would wave it off for the safety of the fighter!

There’s plenty of videos that show there are discrepancies with the count as well!
      Where did he say he didn't follow boxing protocol? He pretty explicitly stated that he did what doctors have told him is the current best way to evaluate a fighters condition.

I find it incredulous that people have a problem with the way he evaluated Fury's fitness to continue when Adonis Stevenson was turned into a vegetable on the same night.

He did a great job, at both letting the action unfold, and protecting the fighters health. He evaluated Fury in a manner that he was informed was the best way.

It seems that everyone that has a problem with the knockdown, are people that either had money on Wilder, or favor him for racial reasons.

There is no other reason to be mad that Tyson Fury managed to get up from what looked like it could have been a miraculous come from behind 1 punch KO by Wilder.

Especially when Wilder was awarded an undeserved draw.

Just man up and give Tyson Fury credit where credit is due. He beat the count legitimately, and was remarkably somehow in condition to continue.

You say you give him all the credit in the world, but you don't give him credit for legitimately beating the count.

And if you want to argue semantics, Wilder didn't stay in the neutral corner for the duration of the count. Jack Reis, could have decided to halt the count, order Wilder back to the neutral corner, and resumed the count after Wilder had complied.

Here are the referees instructions as presented by the association of boxing commissions.

-Direct the contestant scoring the knockdown to the farthest neutral corner
      -Once the contestant has reached the neutral corner, locate and pick up the count from the timekeeper/knockdown judge
      -Position yourself during the count so that you can watch the contestant who is down, as well as the actions and movement of the one scoring the knockdown. If the contestant who scored the knockdown leaves the neutral corner for any reason during the count, stop the count and direct the contestant back into the corner. Once the contestant has returned to the neutral corner, then you should resume the count at the point where you stopped.

Wilder can be clearly seen leaving the neutral corner during the count. If you want to complain about the count being long (it wasn't), out of some noble fight for fairness and justice, then you have to acknowledge Wilder left the neutral corner, and Reis could have stopped the count.

I doubt you or anyone else care about that, and are just upset that your man almost managed to pull a miracle out of his ass, but failed.

All respect to Wilder for not giving up, and still being there mentally to put Fury down in the 12th. Made for a very dramatic ending.

Comment

I’m glad he didn’t stop it because it would have robbed us of a legendary finish. I wasn’t really surprised that he at least gave Fury the opportunity to try and finish the fight after the KD. He probably felt Fury was winning. Or at the very least the fight was close enough on the cards to allow Fury to finish on his feet and go to the decision. But I was shocked that he didn’t stop it after the flush left hook Fury took on the ropes immediately after the KD. Especially with Wilder’s reputation as a puncher. And the fact that Adonis Stevenson is laying in a hospital fighting for his life right now after taking a few too many clean shots after he was dazed. Only a few hours before Wilder-Fury. I don’t think Reiss would have gotten too much backlash.

Comment

I'm glad he didn't stop it and let the fight play out to its natural conclusion. That made everything so much more dramatic.

It's how boxing should be.

Comment

This dude is not getting enough credit. Most ref would've waved off the fight once he counted t0 4-5 and the dude is still flat on his back. Great work. Reminded of tje first pac-jmm fight when pac dropped him 3 times in the 1st round, yet the ref let it continue. Great stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
              Fury almost had a case for a 9-9 round if there was ever such a case to be made.
              10 point must system, best fury could do is 10-9 for wilder with the knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                Embarrassment by the ref he took 2seconds for every 1second he counted.

He also forgot to ad that he let him. Continue because he had money on fury
                Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                Ref robbed Wilder of a KO victory!

I give Fury credit he has balls and a ton of heart but he should’ve been counted out!

There’s video where the ringside time scorer gets up when Tyson touches the mat and counts, when she was at 6 while Reiss was at 4!

I picked Fury to outbox Wilder which he mostly did but even Jack Reiss admitted that he didn’t fully follow boxing protocol and basically did his own thing!

Reiss needs to be investigated, never seen a ref get down on their knees and yell the count near a fighters ears!

9.5 out of 10 refs would wave it off for the safety of the fighter!

There’s plenty of videos that show there are discrepancies with the count as well!
                Bull****. Fury was on his feet and standing upright 9 seconds after his back hit the canvas. I timed it myself with a video of the KD and a stop watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  That was, stop it too quick, Richard Steel. Just the same, Chavez had lumped Taylor up so bad to where he didn't look like himself. Fury only took a one two, no comparison.
                  5 seconds and he would had won the fight the same thing with fury some referees would had waived it off. Give the fighter who is leading a chance to win that's all I am saying.

Comment

Referee Reiss is one of the best referee after this fight, Respect.

Referee's like Reiss are that boxing need. We don't need referee's who make controversial and early stoppage. I like how detailed Reiss explained and breakdown step by step of why he give the green light to Tyson Fury.
                    Last edited by Dasmius Shinobi; 12-05-2018, 08:30 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

Man it's amazing how fckn biased and hard headed some people are, to the point that of trying to discredit a man who did his job very well on that night. Tyson was up inside of 10 seconds, that's good enough and it's the Refs call on if he is able to continue and he obviously was. What everyone should be worked up about is the absolutely absurd card that had Wilder winning even with out the knock downs.

Comment

Working...
                      X