Wilder v Fury Estimated to Have Done Over 300,000 Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    It sold less.
    Sold less PPV buys through cable/satellite, but the rematch included the option to purchase through streams. The 1.1 million number didn't include that. And with the increased price point, it generated more revenue than the original one.

Comment

• Pretty good I expected less like 200k. I'm imagine the rematch could pull 500k +. I would have bought it but my alma matter was in their conf championship game so I was there and streamed the fight for free.

I'll buy the actual ppv if they rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Forget this was on UK PPV too.

Anyone been speculating on early figures for the UK PPV? Imagine the time is a major problem for that getting sexy numbers doe, but I tend to bet they do better PPV numbers than other countries on sh^tty timelines cuz the UK fans are real boxing fans.
        Haven’t heard anything about numbers yet but this was a fight everyone was talking about so I think it did relatively well. Obviously the time would’ve hurt it a bit but I think it will match/surpass the us numbers.

Comment

• I figured it would do between 300k and 350k.

Comment

• Nice!!! I had 250K+

Comment

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
              I think the whole "judging controversy turns people off" is waaaaay overblown. Canelo-GGG was hugely controversial and it didn't hurt the rematch whatsoever..
              I dunno man, I went to both fights and there was far more excitement for the first fight. The first fight also outsold the rematch but that was probably down to pricing strategy. They were both major events regardless

Comment

• On an interesting sidenote, 10mm watched an illegal stream worldwide, 2 mm in the US and 1 mm in the UK..

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/w...viewers-piracy

Comment

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
                  On an interesting sidenote, 10mm watched an illegal stream worldwide, 2 mm in the US and 1 mm in the UK..

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/w...viewers-piracy
                  Damn, that is a huge number. UFC is usually good in eliminating a good chunk of these illegal streams.

At least 10 million people saw a good HW bout. Only increases the popularity of both fighters.

Comment

• Why is everybody crediting Wilder for the PPV numbers? Are they forgetting that Fury probably sold the fighter better than Wilder did? Are they forgetting that Joshua breaks records fighting unknowns??

Let's put Wilder against Brezeale and then judge his PPV status.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

It’s certainly towards the low end of true expectations; I personally said 500k would be deemed a success. 300k is ok but isn’t a absolute disaster either, particularly since both fighters stock rose with the result, arguably fortunately for wilder.

What it does do though is mean he has a big enough number to demand a % closer to 40 than 30 against joshua now.

There will be a question about how many buys in a normal fight (eg comparable to Joshua defending against Takam) which will ultimately prove his pulling power

Comment

Working...
                      X