Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury is one of the best ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most skilled of the current crop and has pretty remarkable stamina never seen him tired he goes 12rds for fun

always liked Fury but he is no way near the ATGs

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
      Most skilled of the current crop and has pretty remarkable stamina never seen him tired he goes 12rds for fun

always liked Fury but he is no way near the ATGs
      The bold: Green K sent.

Comment

After Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, there hasn't been any ATG or great HW.

If 1 of the top 3 beats the other 2 and goes on to be undefeated against all comers, he'd be a great HW.

Comment

Maybe if Fury beats Wilder in a rematch, then beats Joshua, and then sticks around for a few more years and has some more defenses, sure. The potential is there.

Comment

Damn boys, settle down. Fury exceeded expectations, he has been in two world championships matches...ever. He is one of the best now but there is a slew of fighters that would have rung him out in the 70-90s. Vitali would have walked right through his feints and jab,jab. He still probably would have befuddled Wlad in his prime though.

Comment

Originally posted by ussy View Post
              This wasn’t a prime Fury and look how easily he outboxed the HW champion. In his prime he totally outboxed one of the best HW’s ever. The way he moves around the ring is unique for a guy his size and people don’t give this guy enough credit for his talent.

That talent blessed with the warrior spirit would make him champ in ANY era.

Yes.

We need to see how he handles the rematch and the next 5 years. But he's looking like the best ever.

Comment

Until he grows a chin I beg to differ. It's what cost him his fight with Deontay Wilder. As he grows older he won't be able to rely on his legs and reflexes anymore which was the main reason he wasn't knocked out by Wilder. The longer he fights, eventually he is going to have settle down more on his punches for power and take more risks with that very fragile chin of his.

Comment

Originally posted by ussy View Post
                  This wasn’t a prime Fury and look how easily he outboxed the HW champion. In his prime he totally outboxed one of the best HW’s ever. The way he moves around the ring is unique for a guy his size and people don’t give this guy enough credit for his talent.

That talent blessed with the warrior spirit would make him champ in ANY era.
                  You need to quit, best ever, you must be joking, stop drinking the kool aid. Outboxing a guy who can't box is not that difficult. Neither Wilder or Fury looked good in that fight, they both are remarkably average and lacking. I couldn't imagine putting any of them in the ring with Lewis, Tyson, or Holyfield, it would seem inhumane to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I was embarrassed to be a boxing fan watching that fight, esp since I told friends to watch it. Both looked like garbage, IMO. Ugly to watch.
                    I don't impose my personal beliefs on others so if you disagree, fine.
                    LOL, no you weren't. That fight happened way past your bedtime. You were deep asleep cuddling with your cabbage patch doll.

Don't pretend to know Bixing, Bitsch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                      Damn boys, settle down. Fury exceeded expectations, he has been in two world championships matches...ever. He is one of the best now but there is a slew of fighters that would have rung him out in the 70-90s. Vitali would have walked right through his feints and jab,jab. He still probably would have befuddled Wlad in his prime though.
                      Maybe hold off on commenting until you actually know what you're talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X