Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time to ban boxing? Every Former HW except Lennox and K2 seem damaged.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to ban boxing? Every Former HW except Lennox and K2 seem damaged.

Listening to the interviews from former heavyweights of the 80's and 90's and they all seem to be damaged with the exception of Lewis. Vitali/Wlad obviously should be fine as well.

Is it time to let this sport go? As amazing as it is, I don't want to see a sport where 90% of the athletes end up damaged.

I saw that interview. They all sounded much better than I thought they would, especially Riddick Bowe. They all sounded fine. I mean, you really think Gerry Conney sounded damaged at all?

They're all fine and no, the sport should continue of course.

Comment

Cooney was semi retired after the Holmes fight, Chavers sounded okay to me. Bowe is obviously brain damaged and Holyfield slightly slurs but is otherwise coherent.

If boxing got banned it would just go to a corrupt jurisdiction or Indian reserves that would have the spectacular fights.

When Joe Mesi was banned he went to Indian reserves to fight and when Tommy Morrison "passed" his HIV test he went to Indian reserves to fight too.
      Last edited by low blows; 12-03-2018, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Nah! Boxing isn't going anywhere. There's just too much money and entertainment involved for it to be banned. I agree that the sport can be better regulated though.

Comment

All of the former greats and legends of the ring sounded fine all for the exception of Riddick Bowe. He was displaying conspicuous signs of CTE symptoms.

Comment

There's assumed risk in this sport that everyone is aware of. Boxers don't take it lightly, neither do true fans. Two people fighting will never not be a popular sport, it's elemental. Best that it's done at this level and with this degree of oversight with regard to the health of the fighters.

You get one life. Maybe you spend it in the streets, maybe you fail out of school, maybe you work as a janitor your whole life.

Boxing gives certain people a shot at greatness (and high income) that they'd never otherwise have. Even if it shortens their lifespan or their cognitive skills once they hit their 60s and up. Would you rather take that shot at greatness, maybe even make it, or live a long healthy life doing menial work, living in poverty.

It's a matter of choices. To call for a ban is to assume that the fighters and others involved in the sport don't have agency and aren't capable of evaluating their choices and situation.

Comment

Is it time to ban american football? is it time to ban comptetitive weightlifting

Comment

It's sad but true. However, I do not feel it is the government or any other authority's place to tell a man he can't risk his health in an antiquated sport.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  All of the former greats and legends of the ring sounded fine all for the exception of Riddick Bowe. He was displaying conspicuous signs of CTE symptoms.
                  Did you catch the mock confrontation of Bowe and Lewis on the stage?

Comment

There is a reason why Championship fights aren't 15 rounds anymore...

Comment

Working...
                    X