Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Robbery was worse: GGG/Canelo I, or Wilder/Fury???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
    ''Which Robbery was worse'', though

And there you have it
    I dont consider either Canelo GGG fight a robbery although, personally, I scored fight 1 7-5 GGG. I can see the draw though too.

In the rematch I can see it 7-5 either way and the draw is okay too.

It's a GOOD problem to have such close contests.

I did think Fury Wilder 1 was a robbery. Wilder was ineffective in every round but 2 rounds...that's 10-2 Fury or 118-110 which is 116-110 after you factor KDs. The only reason people wanted the rematch was because of the "long count" in the 2nd KD.

Rematch was definitive and now theres glovegate... XD XD XD

Comment

• Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
      I dont consider either Canelo GGG fight a robbery
      Some people, right here and now, do.

Comment

Some people, right here and now, do.
        Most people, clearly. People have gone to prison for smaller thefts.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          Most people, clearly. People have gone to prison for smaller thefts.
          Compared to Wilder Fury 1.....there is no comparison. Pac Bradley 1 would have been a better choice.

Comment

Compared to Wilder Fury 1.....there is no comparison. Pac Bradley 1 would have been a better choice.
            I gave Canelo and Wilder the same amount of rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              I gave Canelo and Wilder the same amount of rounds.

Comment

• I can't see how someone gets to 6 or 7 for Canelo in either fight. I can see someone getting to 5 for Wilder.

A lot of top level fights are going to have 4-6 'close' rounds.' First 4-6 in Wilder-Fury 1 were close, feel out rounds. Not much action. Fury imo shouldn't get every one of them 'just because.' I try to split those close rounds and I did in that fight. Wilder had the two KDs in the last 6, while Fury dominated almost every moment of those last 6 beyond the two KDs. I don't think he did enough in either KD round to make those a 1 point round.

GGG had 5 clear rounds for me in each fight vs Canelo. Rounds where he outworked (landed more than) Canelo and landed the better shots of the round. Those are clear rounds.

On that note, can anyone point to the clearest round for Canelo in either fight? Genuine question. Can't think of one round where he landed a great round-changing punch, and/or outworked GGG for the round. Derevy had one round each like that vs GGG; he hurt him to the body at the end of one round to clinch it; and he outworked him badly in the 10th I believe.

Basically - it is almost always hard to 100% win a fight when you get KD'd twice and get no KDs of your own, and it goes 12 rounds. Similarly it is hard to make a good case for winning a fight when you get outworked almost every round, and have no real clear rounds of your own (I know some will take objection to that; but I just try to call fights like I see 'em and I didn't see any 'clear' rounds for Canelo in either one).

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
                  I can't see how someone gets to 6 or 7 for Canelo in either fight. I can see someone getting to 5 for Wilder.

A lot of top level fights are going to have 4-6 'close' rounds.' First 4-6 in Wilder-Fury 1 were close, feel out rounds. Not much action. Fury imo shouldn't get every one of them 'just because.' I try to split those close rounds and I did in that fight. Wilder had the two KDs in the last 6, while Fury dominated almost every moment of those last 6 beyond the two KDs. I don't think he did enough in either KD round to make those a 1 point round.

GGG had 5 clear rounds for me in each fight vs Canelo. Rounds where he outworked (landed more than) Canelo and landed the better shots of the round. Those are clear rounds.

On that note, can anyone point to the clearest round for Canelo in either fight? Genuine question. Can't think of one round where he landed a great round-changing punch, and/or outworked GGG for the round. Derevy had one round each like that vs GGG; he hurt him to the body at the end of one round to clinch it; and he outworked him badly in the 10th I believe.

Basically - it is almost always hard to 100% win a fight when you get KD'd twice and get no KDs of your own, and it goes 12 rounds. Similarly it is hard to make a good case for winning a fight when you get outworked almost every round, and have no real clear rounds of your own (I know some will take objection to that; but I just try to call fights like I see 'em and I didn't see any 'clear' rounds for Canelo in either one).
                  They think "Narratives " matter when scoring and deciding fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post
                    They think "Narratives " matter when scoring and deciding fights.
                    Tell em!

Comment

Working...
                    X