Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson in Medically Induced Coma To Reduce Swelling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a fan of Stevenson but he has a family. I hope he can recover and live without impairment; regardless of what he's done in his past I would not want his loved ones to have to deal with a traffic death or serious injury. I wouldn't want that to hang over Gvozdyk nor the referee. God speed in recovery Adonis.

Comment

• We won't see him in the ring again

Comment

• People saying negative things should be banned from here this man has put his life on the line to box regardless of the negativity being speuled out and anybody commenting something negative go in the ring get punched like he did and talk that s hit

Comment

• STEVENSON has been champ for many years and going on 42 years of age let's hope he gets through this and can retire and enjoy family.

Comment

• Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
            I'm also worried that this could happen to Ortiz man..he is also getting too old to be in this sport. I mean like Stevenson he still has the skills and power but that doesn't matter
            I don't think age has much to do with it at all. McClellan and Prichard Collon are the first two guys off the top of my head that got severe brain damage in a fight, both young.

How many other older boxers do you know with this type of injury?

The thing is, it's not about any safety measures. Boxing just does kill people or makes them disabled in nearly half of cases according to some studies. It is inherently immoral.

Every boxing fan with a brain suspects that somewhere deep inside, hardly anyone cares enough to try and do anything about it.

Comment

• Obviously a terrible guy who did terrible things to girls and women. But I'm never cheering for anyone to die. Even a sack of **** like him.

Comment

• Only people who deserve this imo are rapists (real ones), murderers, and child molesters. Stevenson may have been a rough guy at some points but I don't think he was any of those things, and at 41 he seemed like an OK guy who had matured. Hope he has a full recovery and retires.

Comment

• Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
                  As a Registered Nurse, I told my friends they would induce a coma.
                  Going to an ICU for any reason is never going to have a happy ending.
                  The interventions used have such a lasting impact on a person's health.
                  Regardless of his past, I wish Adonis the best and his family as well.
                  But he has probably lost his ability to live independently and that is never a good thing.
                  Percentage wise what would you say his future is?

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    Do you honestly believe Gvozdyk is celebrating right now? The guy probably feels anxiety beyond belief. Even if you hate Stevenson do you want to see this mark on the sport? Go fvcc yourself.
                    The guy is a piece of shyt. I believe in karma, he destroyed lives and now his debt has come due and been paid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      We won't see him in the ring again
                      Instead of wearing red superman trunks he’ll be wearing diapers here on out.

Comment

Working...
                      X