No announcement yet.

GGG to PBC/SHO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I'm not a fan. And it would appear as if most other boxing fans aren't either from their ratings.

The first one was cool, but they ****** after that. If you are gonna make me watch lil guys make sure they are all good fights & not typical name guy vs no body fights like it mostly turned into after it. I prefer just to keep them as co-mains on bigger cards then having some sh^tshow of lil guys in non-competitive fights. Competitive lil guy fights or gfy I say.
    For the most part I agree. I like the idea of showcasing lighter weight class though.

Comment

That 168 move for GGG is gonna be a dumb move if he does it. He shoulda did that years ago if he was gonna do it. All the money fights are at 160. All the grow the other guys name fights with a GGG W or competitive fight fights are at 168.

Well I doubt they expected Eddie couldn't sign guys. Hell even Eddie seemed confident he was gonna have a bomb roster back just 4 or 5 months ago. I think Eddie is surprised as anyone that he's got some sort of Roc Nation 2.0 roster.

And yea they could scale him back & sign people themselves.

That said idk that losing out on GGG is all that meaningful. GGG might never win another fight in his career at his current age. Thats how f#cking old GGG is right now. Idk that he's even worth some long term deal necessarily if he's wanting too much. He's got 3 fights that I'd like to see (Canelo III, Jacobs II & Charlo) & he might not even have 3 fights in him. Idk that thats a guy you necessarily wanna break the bank on or sign to some 6 fight, 3 year deal or w/e.

I think I'd be maxxing out on those Hearn 3 fight kinda deals with GGG if I was in the market for him & I'd be trying to avoid doing a deal with 360 just to get GGG cuz 360 ain't got anyone THAT interesting right now & the overall roster is small so if 2 or 3 of his prospects get knocked off over the next 18 months then these mfers are gonna be putting on 4 fight cards or some sh^t with their subpar big name promoter roster. When Kathy Duva gots a better overall roster then you you got roster problems.
      GGG regardless of his age still fought Canelo even in two fights. He's still elite. Still a big name. And a trilogy fight with Canelo is the biggest business DAZN can do minus Joshua/Wilder. While it is great that they have Canelo, they still need solid names for him. Imagine the amount of subscribers a Canelo/GGG could produce. You're not giving GGG a Canelo type of deal or anything. But he deserves to get compensated well and he's a guy they should be going after hard.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        GGG regardless of his age still fought Canelo even in two fights. He's still elite. Still a big name. And a trilogy fight with Canelo is the biggest business DAZN can do minus Joshua/Wilder.
        I wouldn't disagree with any of that. I just think he's more or less done & if he wants too much or if DAZN doesn't wanna risk some long term deal with him I can see why they wouldn't mess with him. I 100% believe we mighta seen GGG's last W already. If thats true or simply might be true what is DAZN breaking the bank for exactly? 1 fight?

If they can do the deal fine. If they can't fine. I don't think its a huge loss either way. Its a minor loss at worst.

While it is great that they have Canelo, they still need solid names for him. Imagine the amount of subscribers a Canelo/GGG could produce. You're not giving GGG a Canelo type of deal or anything. But he deserves to get compensated well and he's a guy they should be going after hard.
        Canelo is gonna have opponents. 160 is ***y as f#ck right now. Those guys will get their shot sooner or later.

So again idk that you go THAT hard at GGG.

GGG is gonna be 37 by the time he fights again.

GGG hasn't had a undisputed W over a legit 160 contender in 3 years.

GGG fought ****** in his last fight.

And now he's talking about moving to 168 for some f#cking dumbass reason to fight guys that won't improve his status if he does win aka these are juice not worth the squeeze fights for him.

All signs point to GGG's time is almost up & he got big for a foreign guy & he got a well respected enough name for a foreign guy, but if the money Tommy & GGG want is a lil too big & GGG maybe gots 1 big fight left in him it very well could be a losing proposition to sign him to THAT good of a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          He works for ESPN now and it makes sense for both parties to have him at the pressers. Think you will hear less criticism from him of PBC....Unless you know, they deserve it with some bad mismatches.
          He was talking on his podcast about all the rules & regulations he gots to follow now on twitter & SM in general.

He'll likely get too lax & f#ck it up at some point. He's not gonna be able to go as full ****** as Teddy has gone I don't think.

Comment

Jermall Charlo vs Gennady Golovkin should be easy to make now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              He goes to fights in California. I met him at the Loma vs GRJ fight. So it could just be him stepping out to see a fight
              That's what I'm saying. I wouldn't read to much into him being there. It was the biggest heavyweight fight on American soil in years. The heavyweights bring everybody out

Comment

I heard Kim at the PBC PPV fight presser last week. If he didn't kill himself FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELY over that idk what would make him kill himself at this point.
                Wasn't it weird hearing him at that presser? I had to rewind the video to make sure it was him

Comment

I don't think they're that ******. Atleast Shotime is better than ESPN. He'd be REALLY ****** to do that. DAZN makes the most sense except who in Kazahkstan has DAZN?

Comment

Originally posted by CrowsNestWest View Post
                    I don't think they're that ******. Atleast Shotime is better than ESPN. He'd be REALLY ****** to do that. DAZN makes the most sense except who in Kazahkstan has DAZN?
                    I mean this move wouldn't be made because of DAZN in Kazahkstan lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Wasn't it weird hearing him at that presser? I had to rewind the video to make sure it was him
                      Yea lol. I did a doubletake myself.

Was like having the devil at church.

Comment

Working...
                      X