Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Let's Settle This!] Was Fury robbed of a W?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
    This is boxing in a nutshell. This is a reason why popularity here in the states has been on the decline for years.

True boxing fans will seek the pugilistic sport wherever it lurks.

WAR BOXING!

WAR FURY!

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

True boxing fans will seek the pugilistic sport wherever it lurks.

WAR BOXING!

WAR FURY!

Fury won. Boxing’s politics ruined the true outcome.

Comment

I think he's being generous with himself here, but I am definitely going to rewatch the fight and score it again as well.

OTOH he probably knows he near swept him and is trying to sell that rematch.
        I don't think so. 8-4 is more than a fair scorecard IMO. In rounds where very little happens you are just splitting hairs. Like in round 4 Wilder landed the best punch of the round which was a jab that bloodied Fury's nose and I gave him that round since not much else landed by either fighter. I had Wilder winning round 2, 4, 9 and 12. There was another really close round, I believe the 7th but I shaded that to Fury. If that goes to Wilder then we have a draw. That's why I wasn't all that upset with the draw. What ticks me and most off is the ****** 115-111 card. Now you are just either blind or a complete moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          I don't think so. 8-4 is more than a fair scorecard IMO. In rounds where very little happens you are just splitting hairs. Like in round 4 Wilder landed the best punch of the round which was a jab that bloodied Fury's nose and I gave him that round since not much else landed by either fighter. I had Wilder winning round 2, 4, 9 and 12. There was another really close round, I believe the 7th but I shaded that to Fury. If that goes to Wilder then we have a draw. That's why I wasn't all that upset with the draw. What ticks me and most off is the ****** 115-111 card. Now you are just either blind or a complete moron.

One punch does not win a round though, good punch or not, if the other fighter out punched them with clean shots. You need to rewatch the fight, as probably do I, rounds 2 and 4 anyway.

I agree 115-111 is unacceptable no matter how you slice it.

Comment

One punch does not win a round though, good punch or not, if the other fighter out punched them with clean shots. You need to rewatch the fight, as probably do I, rounds 2 and 4 anyway.

I agree 115-111 is unacceptable no matter how you slice it.
            I usually like to wait a week or so to re-watch the fight. I have it on DVR so could watch it anytime but will still wait until the weekend to do so.

And one punch can absolutely win you the round when very little else happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              I usually like to wait a week or so to re-watch the fight. I have it on DVR so could watch it anytime but will still wait until the weekend to do so.

And one punch can absolutely win you the round when very little else happens.
              I think I will also watch it again this weekend.

Comment

• Huge Wilder fan here but our guy was purely striking air for 10 out of those 12 rounds. Fury won, no question about it and it hurts to see Wilder claim otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aldro View Post
                  Huge Wilder fan here but our guy was purely striking air for 10 out of those 12 rounds. Fury won, no question about it and it hurts to see Wilder claim otherwise.

Comment

• I wonder how many people simply ducked this poll to avoid giving fury credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                      I wonder how many people simply ducked this poll to avoid giving fury credit.
                      What kind of a fan doesn't tip their hat to Tyson, after the performance he put on Saturday? Willing to go out on his shield if necessary.

Comment

Working...
                      X