No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury Ends in Controversial Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
    I thought Fury was gonna get absolutely DESTROYED but it was the complete opposite...I was wrong about Fury...he boxed brilliantly for 10 and a half rounds...outside of the two knockdowns, Fury controlled the fight and Bomber...Fury won that fight...yeah he was down and out in the last round but that man rose up and continued to put hands on Bomber....I was shocked but in a good way...some of us knows how it feel to be in dark places and having to overcome real life situations... and to see Fury get back in the ring and perform on the biggest stage against arguably the biggest threat and then get back up after being dropped hard in the 12th...man that ish gave me goosebumps!!...salute to Fury!!...I’ve been saying this for years...Tyson Fury is good for the sport!!...I will never and I mean NEVER doubt that man again!!

As for Bomber... I think he needed this type of fight and result to humble himself...he relies on his power so much that he neglects the basic fundamentals and he paid the price for his anti science type of style...he was flinging shot after shot and connecting with the air time after time...smh!

Call a spade a spade...Bomber was exposed but that’s what he needed and hopefully for him he’ll work on the flaws that need to be fixed...Science beats Violence most of the time and last night I felt like Science did it again

If they run it back...I got Fury this time and I believe he can stop Bomber in the rematch as well
    Good post. Wilder was exposed pretty bad last night. But on the flip side, there is alot of room for improvements and adjustments to his style. He needs a new trainer badly. What have been great to see him with Emmanuel Steward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
      I'm not so sure a rematch would do well. Fury got ko'd. He couldn't beat a 10 count. People at the bar were confused, thinking the rules had changed for a longer count. Fans generally don't like when refs change the rules to effect the outcome. In any sport.

Fans paid good money, yet were left wondering how long is a fighter allowed before its a knockout. If there was something in the contract calling for a 20 count or something, they should have told the fans before the fight. Most people don't pay to see something with no fixed rules or method to determine the winner.
      I get what your saying and you’re probably right on the money!

There was a two way controversy going on!

Wilder got a draw in a fight where he only won in the rounds he dropped Fury in and Fury got the gift of the ref prolonging the knockdown count!

I think it will do well cuz they’re both giants, huge personalities, still undefeated and just put on a great fight!

There’s also the unknown factor of can Fury be better than he was last nite or can he repeat? Or can Wilder be much better than he was last nite or will he still look for one shots again!?

It was a really fun fight and most came away enjoying the fight and were pleasantly surprised at how it turned out!

I would tune in again and make the flight to wherever the rematch is!

AJ needs to get in on the action, we should see all 3 fight each other interchangeably, would make for some amazing match ups!

But after last nite, Fury should be favored over both AJ and Wilder!

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        ***** was right about Mexicans, bringing crime and robberies
        Lol- I feel bad for that judge, he missed a great fight.

Comment

• wilder knew he lost. smiled right when the third card was revealed, rat

Comment

• Wilder won. When pinch stats are that close and with Fury not landing a single meaningful pinch the whole fight and being viciously dropped twice then getting a 15 count at the end

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
              It wasn't that bad. Boxing is scored by rounds, so if you had Wilder winning two rds of the fight and the two knockdowns, you can definitely see where the draw comes in place.

Maths ain't your strong point, is it

Comment

• You have no clue

Comment

• Another example of blind sheep being lead by the announcers. Fury did absolutely nothing in there...meanwhile all the announcers did was highlight what Deontay wasn’t doing...seen it way to many times...lol...kids these days

Comment

• Tyson Fury was doing the balled bull triple faint...clown

Comment

• Can’t find the round by round punch stats anywhere! I wonder why?��. I’m confident that when we see the round by round punch stats, it will show Deontay won the fight when we also account for the knockdowns

Comment

Working...
                      X