Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Arum offered D Garcia 3 mill for a Crawford fight in March..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    Just read coppinger on twitter say this. He said Angel never got back to TR on the offer and Arum eould be interested in following up on it after their fights in spring..

Espn PPV it would have been. Instead they're both fighting b level guys go figure.....

BOXING
    Danny Garcia runs his own show, with Haymon and his father looking after him.

DSG Promotions presents the Granados fight on FOX in April, another fight for Fall 2019 (if things fall the way I think, we end up with Thurman-Pacquiao and Spence-Porter/Ugas as the title fights; Omar Figueroa Jr is coming back in February and would be a great marketable option, tbh) for FOX or Showtime, and then another big fight for early 2020 (my expectation is that the WBC/WBA/IBF 147lb unification will be in the works by then, so Danny Garcia will likely be in position to be the first defense of the unified champion; basically the top of the champs who got knocked off).

$3m (with Crawford on at least $3.5m to fight, and Crawford's own business in it's own right not being enough to cover his guarantee, talk of PPV upside is foolish) to simply show up, sit, and have everything dictated to him by Top Rank isn't all that great a deal when you've seen the pieces of an event and have an eye on the plan for you.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Garcia once turned down $4M to fight Pac, so I'm not surprised.
      I'd turn 4 Mill down too. Didn't Tim Bradley get close to 10?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
        I'd turn 4 Mill down too. Didn't Tim Bradley get close to 10?
        Pac was still at his peak as a PPV draw when he fought Bradley. Garcia's highest pay day is $2M to fight Thurman. Oddly enough Arum reached out to Danny early 2016. Then, in late 2016 Danny calls out Pac saying he wants to fight him. Now he'll be fighting Granados in April, likely for less than the Thurman fight.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
          around the same purse arum offer to broner a few years ago to fight pac and broner backed out yet posters on here aka floyd fans was siding with broner saying he deserves more and that arum prolly didnt even offer him that much but now with crawford and danny, they are putting the blame on danny to make crawford look good lol.
          Broner would've been the only reason that the talked of Pacquiao fight then would've been PPV in the US or drawn interest from MGM Resorts, lol.

Top Rank-produced fight with Vargas (that Top Rank took a bath on), Australia for Jeff Horn on ESPN, and then some random fight in Malaysia against Matthysse.

Broner had a clear value, that Top Rank was unwilling to pay, and they and Pacquiao got ****ed for it with three dud fights, lol.

Terence Crawford is stuck on ESPN, with his $3.5m bag, and the way Top Rank does business, likely the rest of his prime, on the outside looking in.

Comment

Wilder was offered $15 mil and he declined, not to mention 3 title shots.
            D Garcia got far better resume than Deontay's,
            yet $3 mil is already a lot of money.
            I mean the difference in resume and popularity is not even close.
            See how greedy Wilder is?
            $15 mil and he said no.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              Well I have no clue what Crawford was gonna get. That's his contracted purse per fight, I'm not sure Garcia has that same kind of deal with Haymon. Any clue how much Garcis made vs Porter and Thurman? I'd have to guess around 2 million each fight most likely
              I believe the disclosed number was $2m for each fight, but DSG Promotions was also on the marquee, so who knows what the full package was.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Broner would've been the only reason that the talked of Pacquiao fight then would've been PPV in the US or drawn interest from MGM Resorts, lol.

Top Rank-produced fight with Vargas (that Top Rank took a bath on), Australia for Jeff Horn on ESPN, and then some random fight in Malaysia against Matthysse.

Broner had a clear value, that Top Rank was unwilling to pay, and they and Pacquiao got ****ed for it with three dud fights, lol.

Terence Crawford is stuck on ESPN, with his $3.5m bag, and the way Top Rank does business, likely the rest of his prime, on the outside looking in.
                see perfect example here.... broner has value?? TR wasnt willing to pay him?? has broner ever headline a ppv yet??? lmao! $3mil was more than what broner was getting at that time! matter fact, i dont even think broner has made more than $3mil in one fight yet.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                  Would you have called it a lowball if it wasn't for PPV?
                  Don't know for sure, but Danny Garcia seems to be fighting for similar money doing things on his own terms and taking the fights he wants.

Making basically the same money that you get on your own, to not only now work for someone, but to have that person dictate how your work is supposed to go, doesn't quite square.

Danny Garcia, after not getting the decision in a close fight with Shawn Porter, is headlining a show on primetime FOX in April, on a DSG Promotions card, against a solid rugged guy in Adrian Granados, for a pay package that likely matches the Top Rank offer (talk of PPV upside for a Crawford fight is laughable at this point).

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Garcia once turned down $4M to fight Pac, so I'm not surprised.
                    $4m to deliver MGM Resorts and a formal US PPV effort for Manny Pacquiao was a low-ball offer, and was perfectly within reason to walk away from.

Pacquiao-Vargas, the fight that Pacquiao took instead, maybe cleared $20m at the end of the day. Pacquiao-Garcia or Pacquiao-Broner (with the formal media push from HBO, MGM, and the national/international media) would've comfortably cleared $40m at the end of the day.

With no offer for a share on that extra $20m, the fight didn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                      see perfect example here.... broner has value?? TR wasnt willing to pay him?? has broner ever headline a ppv yet??? lmao! $3mil was more than what broner was getting at that time! matter fact, i dont even think broner has made more than $3mil in one fight yet.
                      I'd argue that Broner has more value than any of their welterweights right now. At least people tune in to see him fight. Mostly to see him lose but at least he brings eyeballs to the screen. Dude got like a million viewers on showtime when these other cats cant get 600-700k

Comment

Working...
                      X