Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is canelo running from the heated up MW division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He avoided the best at 154 with the exception of Lara, who many believe got robbed, and Floyd who insisted on CW. He fought Cotto at CW and looked about 20lbs heavier on fight night. Fights Liam Smith, then another CW fight with Chavez Jr. If his pattern of opponent selection is any indication of his next 11 fights on contract, I don't expect to see too many elite level opponents. Of his next 11 bouts I'd say we can expect about 3 maybe 4 opponents who will be competitive, otherwise they will be a string of hyped up names who won't be at their best or in the same league. The first of those 11 fights is Fielding, so already off to a sketchy start.

Comment

It's too early to say anything like that. Fielding is a stay busy fight. Why they targeted him and at SMW, we have no clue. I'm guessing Fielding's financial demands were non existent and a win over him let's Canelo say he's a 3 weight champion.

We'll see what he does next year. I expect him to come back to MW. SMW has ****** for awhile. Only financially rewarding fight I see Canelo making is Eubank Jr. He has the style advantage there and it should generate decent $$.

Comment

I wouldn't of thought so. He fought GGG back to back, who although he's fell a little, was a much tougher test than the other MW's out there.

Feilding was a strange choice but I'd be surprised if Canelo wasn't back at 160 after that.

Comment

Doesn't matter what Canelo does, people will find a way to hate. If he stayed at 60 they'd find a way to complain.

Only in boxing can a guy fight the number 1 guy in the division twice and they say hrs running away.

Comment

Working...
          X