Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo says I'm Rooting for the Mexican, how is that not Ethno-Nationalism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amber_TKO View Post
    People have a problem with a Mexican rooting for a Mexican fighter? Seriously? It's no different to being from Dallas & rooting for the Cowboys or Boston & cheering the Celtics. Looking for problems where there are none.
    The same people will laugh at Wilder or Charlo Bros numbers and lambast African Americans for not supporting their fighters. They just hate that they can't root for their own people like that. It's all jealousy.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
      Professional boxing is not the Olympics, when a Mexican is fighting a non Mexican fighter (lets say a Black fighter) how exactly is about country? Is Mexico winning a medal? Is Mexico's sovereignty on the line? Is Mexico expanding its borders based on this fight?

Canelo is being interviewed about Spence - Garcia and rather than say I like Spence in that fight, he is bigger, stronger, just as skilled as Mikey, determined, a true champion etc...instead he says "I'm picking Mikey cause he's Mexican." Does that make sense to anyone here? Can you win a fight or be favored to win just cause you are Mexican? What if Spence was a Black born and raised in Mexico would Canelo root for him then?

How is it that the "ethnic-Nationalism" displayed by Mexicans gets a pass and is even celebrated in boxing but when a Black fighter roots for another Black its somehow racist? I personally don't believe Black fans with real boxing knowledge choose who they think will win based on race, they choose who they think is the better fighter. Last I checked all the welterweight champions are Black so to choose any of them means they are picking the Black guy...I guess to village idiots that makes them all racists!

The only racists I see are those who use "ethnic-nationalism" as a cover for their true thoughts and feelings.....they despise Black fighters and hate their long reigning dominance in this sport. Spence-Garcia in my opinion will bring out and expose many of these closet racis....ahem... I mean "ethno-nationalist"
      W1LL is a pisspoor poster. I have his sorry ass on ignore. Typical poor poster who hates it when anyone roots for their own. You can root for any boxer for any reason. This is America. Where posters get it twisted is when you break the rules with bigotry or racism. I never listen to those types of people Code. He's a bigot and doesn't even know that he's one.
      Last edited by Raggamuffin; 11-24-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
        People need to realize boxing is entrenched with racism/national pride and it's completely natural. Puerto ricans go for rican fighters, blacks for blacks, mexicans for mexicans, etc etc. Its only a problem when white people back other white fighters then it becomes RACISM!
        Stop making up lies lmao. You guys mention this every time you think that a Usyk, Loma or Kov are pfp best and other posters disagree. I haven seen a poster have a problem with any white fan who backs a white fighter. Foh lmao...

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
          W1LL is a pisspoor poster. I have his sorry ass on ignore. Typical poor poster who hates it when anyone roots for their own. You can root for any boxer for any reason. This is America. Where posters get it twisted is when you break the rules with bigotry or racism. I never listen to those types of people Code. He's a bigot and doesn't even know that he's one.
          Is that the poster who started the thread about Black fighters? I didn't even look at his screen name, I knew the thread was wack the minute I read the title. His theory, though he doesn't realize it, is ethnic racism is okay if it's supporting your country but Black Americans who root for Black fighters are just racists since it's not their country.
          Last edited by Code Red; 11-24-2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeanoFlash View Post
            How is this racism?
            White people cant openly support a white fighter just for simply being white like other races can with their fighters.

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
            Stop making up lies lmao. You guys mention this every time you think that a Usyk, Loma or Kov are pfp best and other posters disagree. I haven seen a poster have a problem with any white fan who backs a white fighter. Foh lmao...

On All Access Fury/Wilder paul pierce was asked who hes picking for the fight his answer was "Of course I got the brother". Now flip the scenario if a white guy said Of course I got the white guy winning there would be an absolute uproar, would be looped on cnn, and he'd probably be fired from his job. If you dont think thats the case you live in LaLa land my friend.

Comment

I root for Mexicans too.

Comment

Guys, can't we just all get along and let grandpa tell the good old days?

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                  Professional boxing is not the Olympics, when a Mexican is fighting a non Mexican fighter (lets say a Black fighter) how exactly is about country? Is Mexico winning a medal? Is Mexico's sovereignty on the line? Is Mexico expanding its borders based on this fight?

Canelo is being interviewed about Spence - Garcia and rather than say I like Spence in that fight, he is bigger, stronger, just as skilled as Mikey, determined, a true champion etc...instead he says "I'm picking Mikey cause he's Mexican." Does that make sense to anyone here? Can you win a fight or be favored to win just cause you are Mexican? What if Spence was a Black born and raised in Mexico would Canelo root for him then?

How is it that the "ethnic-Nationalism" displayed by Mexicans gets a pass and is even celebrated in boxing but when a Black fighter roots for another Black its somehow racist? I personally don't believe Black fans with real boxing knowledge choose who they think will win based on race, they choose who they think is the better fighter. Last I checked all the welterweight champions are Black so to choose any of them means they are picking the Black guy...I guess to village idiots that makes them all racists!

The only racists I see are those who use "ethnic-nationalism" as a cover for their true thoughts and feelings.....they despise Black fighters and hate their long reigning dominance in this sport. Spence-Garcia in my opinion will bring out and expose many of these closet racis....ahem... I mean "ethno-nationalist"
                  Name ONE black fighter or black fan that is rooting for Mikey Garcia. Name one that was rooting for Canelo when he fought Mayweather, Trout, Lara, name one that will root for Canelo if he fights Jacobs, Charla, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                    Name ONE black fighter or black fan that is rooting for Mikey Garcia. Name one that was rooting for Canelo when he fought Mayweather, Trout, Lara, name one that will root for Canelo if he fights Jacobs, Charla, etc.
                    Lot of Black fans like Mikey Garcia, mainly for his pure boxing technical style. Most black pundits, especially if they have web sites or YouTube channels have Mikey in their top 5 p4p. Black fans simply speak the truth that he has no business getting in the ring with Spence. Mikey is highly respected but challenging Spence is a ****** move. I don't recall any Black fans being sad or disappointed that Mikey beat Easter or Broner, most picked him to win those fights!

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                      White people cant openly support a white fighter just for simply being white like other races can with their fighters.

On All Access Fury/Wilder paul pierce was asked who hes picking for the fight his answer was "Of course I got the brother". Now flip the scenario if a white guy said Of course I got the white guy winning there would be an absolute uproar, would be looped on cnn, and he'd probably be fired from his job. If you dont think thats the case you live in LaLa land my friend.
                      https://youtu.be/SXxlTJcUs6A

Comment

Working...
                      X