Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo says I'm Rooting for the Mexican, how is that not Ethno-Nationalism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
    Is that the poster who started the thread about Black fighters? I didn't even look at his screen name, I knew the thread was wack the minute I read the title. His theory, though he doesn't realize it, is ethnic racism is okay if it's supporting your country but Black Americans who root for Black fighters are just racists since it's not their country.
    Imagine this. Loma is training in America and Dirk Nowitzki comes in during his training session and later when asked who is he rooting for Russell Jr or Loma and Dirk says "I'm rooting for the white guy" the Ukrainian and laughs. Is the world going to end? Would Dirk be branded a racist? No. Will we have a couple of Southpawology's crying racism on the forum? Yes. How do I know. He used Paul Pierce's comments as an example of Pierce saying that he is picking the brutha, the American to win, lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
      Imagine this. Loma is training in America and Dirk Nowitzki comes in during his training session and later when asked who is he rooting for Russell Jr or Loma and Dirk says "I'm rooting for the white guy" the Ukrainian and laughs. Is the world going to end? Would Dirk be branded a racist? No. Will we have a couple of Southpawology's crying racism on the forum? Yes. How do I know. He used Paul Pierce's comments as an example of Pierce saying that he is picking the brutha, the American to win, lmao.
      I doubt Paul Pierce has any idea who Tyson Fury is and after taking a look at Fury for the first time and seeing the oversized, clumsy, out of shape, drug using and verified PED cheat he wisely chose the brother to win the fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
        I doubt Paul Pierce has any idea who Tyson Fury is and after taking a look at Fury for the first time and seeing the oversized, clumsy, out of shape, drug using and verified PED cheat he wisely chose the brother to win the fight!
        It doesn’t matter. He is rooting for the black guy and some people had a problem with Pierce saying brutha lmao. If a Mexican, Filipino or Russian says I’m going for my dude, my countrymen...they have that right also.

Comment

Judging by some of the comments by blackboys in this thread. It seems they are very BUTTHURT over the fact whites pretty much dominate boxing. Loma & Usyk = the top 2 P4P. Loma, Usyk, Alvarez, GGG = 4 of the top 5 P4P. You need to deal with the fact whites are clearly better at boxing than blacks and stop crying, or find another sport to watch.

Comment

Working...
          X