No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding To Hit Movie Theaters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    well why go to bar to watch a NFL game that airs for free on TV at home? Every sunday bars in the US are packed with people spending time and money at bars even though it's free at home. People just like the large crowds. I've seen big fights at bars and that's cool but I personally like watching big fights a house party but I got buddies that have watched a fight at the movie theater and say it's really fun on the huge screen and with a large crowd. One day I have to check it out at a theater.
    I get that, I do it too but I’ve never bought a ticket to something that was free, bars don’t charge to watch NFL, NBA etc cause it’s not PPV. So why would they charge to watch DAZN and why would theatres charge. That’s ppv in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
      For the excitement. Imagine 100's of ginger fans screaming their heads off in the arena. Great atmosphere.
      pretty sure you just described what hell is like.

Comment

I'm ready! Watching a fight on live theater is a complete different atmosphere!

Comment

Originally posted by phr0zen2 View Post
          I get that, I do it too but I’ve never bought a ticket to something that was free, bars don’t charge to watch NFL, NBA etc cause it’s not PPV. So why would they charge to watch DAZN and why would theatres charge. That’s ppv in my eyes.
          A bar can entice a large crowd for a fight. Half the time even for regular ufc or boxing ppv, they just require a drink be bought or something. Dazn isnt free so if a business wants to air it, they have way to purchase the event so that people can pay to go to their place of business.

You dont have to go anywhere and watch it, feel free to stay home. But if you want to pay to view it off of your subscription at someones business, then call it whatever you want.

You can charge your boys 5 bucks (or bring beer, etc) to watch it on your new 30k tv...is that PPV?

Think a movie theater is going to let people in out of the goodness of their heart?

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            A bar can entice a large crowd for a fight. Half the time even for regular ufc or boxing ppv, they just require a drink be bought or something. Dazn isnt free so if a business wants to air it, they have way to purchase the event so that people can pay to go to their place of business.

You dont have to go anywhere and watch it, feel free to stay home. But if you want to pay to view it off of your subscription at someones business, then call it whatever you want.

You can charge your boys 5 bucks (or bring beer, etc) to watch it on your new 30k tv...is that PPV?

Think a movie theater is going to let people in out of the goodness of their heart?
            Yeah Dazn is free to stream if you purchase the subscription. What? So this fight is free as long as you pay for the next fights. Or just cancel your subscription after you pay for the first month.

The genius of marketing. Where "two for one", becomes "buy one get one free." The second one is free as long as you buy the first one.

Comment

If the tickets are more than $9.99 what is the point of this? The reason people go to theatres to watch PPV fights is because it's cheaper.

Comment

I’m already falling asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                  Yeah Dazn is free to stream if you purchase the subscription. What? So this fight is free as long as you pay for the next fights. Or just cancel your subscription after you pay for the first month.

The genius of marketing. Where "two for one", becomes "buy one get one free." The second one is free as long as you buy the first one.
                  You can pay netflix to watch one specific movie and cancel it after if you want. You can cancel HBO after game of thrones. Cancel espn after the world series of poker. The idea is that youre paying for the service and Canelo is part of that service, he’s not THE service.

You can look at it however you want. It’s not a free service though. Youre not paying per view, but if you only pay it for canelo, power to you

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                    Drug cheat Clenelo gonna weight drain another fighter, disgusting ginger cheat.
                    Hahaha chill bro, all this hate will ruin you

Comment

Originally posted by phr0zen2 View Post
                      No, you're wrong. Bars charge you to watch the NFL, it's called a "drink minimum." How many bars would allow you to watch NFL all day without buying a drink? Zero.

Just like happy hour -- you get "free" food as long as you "buy" drinks.

Dazn is clearly PPV because you can watch a fight for "free" as long as you "pay" for the first month subscription, then you can cancel.

Getting with your buds and having a party is cool, but there is nothing like watching it in an arena. Next to watching it live, arenas and movie theaters are a lot better than tv.

I remember watching Hearns and Hagler on "closed circuit" at the San Diego Sports Arena with 12,000 in attendance. It was unreal.

In fact, all of the major fights in the 1980's were closed circuit. Frazier vs Ali, Ali vs Foreman, SSL vs Hearns. Hearns vs Pepino.

Gomez vs Sal Sanchez was the best. The brothers from my neighborhood liked Gomez and the Vatos Cholos dug Sanchez. No drama or hostilities -- after the fight we all hung out in the parking lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X