No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding To Hit Movie Theaters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    That was the whole argument? The face? Yeah, no.

Started with being wrong about GGG landing at a higher percentage. Wrong.

Outlanded in power shots.

Not significant? The face shows they were without even accounting for the brutal body work, which was already mentioned.

Ward won that fight clear, who cares how he looked? GGG lost the fight and was hit with the bigger harder shots more often. It’s already been said. Hence the question.

Would you rather get hit with a jab or a power shot?

Compubox although not perfect, can often tell a good part of the story. It did in this fight. It goes both ways. If Canelo didnt land as many, GGG likely did not either
    but your entire argument is based on a false premise. compubux is not accurate in any way shape or form so all the perentage and outlanded stats are just fantasy. we would need a better way to measure it than what compubox does. compubox tells you a story that you like so you like it. the punch stats are simply not accurate. its too hard to do that live. for example calzaghe-hopkins...calzaghe landed 220 punches hmmm where? or for floyd-pacquiao in some rounds it said floyd landed like 10 power punches but you go back and are lucky to find 1 or 2 that actually land. the only thing we do know is the numbers that are given are not accurate. the numbers could be better for ggg or better for canelo but we can't take those numbers as fact or accurate in any sense.

also some jabs are better than some power punches. its silly to try to say all punches are equal. this is a straw man arguent though because if you are asking me would i rather stand there and let someone hit me with a jab or power punch its a jab of course but thats not what happens in boxing or what happened in this fight. in this fight ggg was landing a lot of flush unabated jabs as well as power shots while a lot of canelos shots were in fact partially or even mostly blocked by ggg's high glove defense as well as some of the body shots were partially or mostly blocked on the elbows. those shouldn't count the same as clean unabated punches whether they be jabs or power shots.

so your question really should be would you rather get hit with a flush unabated punch or a punch that partially lands as you cover yourself up? probably the blocked punch but its pretty hard to measure that. thats why it was a hard fight to score. ggg was landing the cleaner unabated punches but canelo was working hard in combination but not finding the target as clean. especially in the last 4 rounds which easily could all go to ggg. thats just what i saw though but i was drunk when i saw it live and all 8 times i reviewed it.

i never based my scoring on how each guys face looked since that is determined by many factors which are not equal such as gloves used, type of wraps used, genetics, age, etc...
    Last edited by daggum; 11-22-2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      but your entire argument is based on a false premise. compubux is not accurate in any way shape or form so all the perentage and outlanded stats are just fantasy. we would need a better way to measure it than what compubox does. compubox tells you a story that you like so you like it. the punch stats are simply not accurate. its too hard to do that live. for example calzaghe-hopkins...calzaghe landed 220 punches hmmm where? or for floyd-pacquiao in some rounds it said floyd landed like 10 power punches but you go back and are lucky to find 1 or 2 that actually land. the only thing we do know is the numbers that are given are not accurate. the numbers could be better for ggg or better for canelo but we can't take those numbers as fact or accurate in any sense.

also some jabs are better than some power punches. its silly to try to say all punches are equal. this is a straw man arguent though because if you are asking me would i rather stand there and let someone hit me with a jab or power punch its a jab of course but thats not what happens in boxing or what happened in this fight. in this fight ggg was landing a lot of flush unabated jabs as well as power shots while a lot of canelos shots were in fact partially or even mostly blocked by ggg's high glove defense as well as some of the body shots were partially or mostly blocked on the elbows. those shouldn't count the same as clean unabated punches whether they be jabs or power shots.

so your question really should be would you rather get hit with a flush unabated punch or a punch that partially lands as you cover yourself up? probably the blocked punch but its pretty hard to measure that. thats why it was a hard fight to score. ggg was landing the cleaner unabated punches but canelo was working hard in combination but not finding the target as clean. especially in the last 4 rounds which easily could all go to ggg. thats just what i saw though but i was drunk when i saw it live and all 8 times i reviewed it.

i never based my scoring on how each guys face looked since that is determined by many factors which are not equal such as gloves used, type of wraps used, genetics, age, etc...
      All of that can also be seen the other way. The way you say many of Canelo’s ounches were partial, the same goes for GGG’s where many of his power shots only landed on the shoulders, back, or air.

The jab thing is with regards go all things being equal. No strawman argument.

In a fight, would you rather take someone’s best jab or someone’s best cross, hook, or uppercut? You and I both know the answer and it’s a simple one to imagine.

Would you rather get hit by GGG’s jab or by one of his power punches? Would you rather get hit with canelo’s jab or Canelo’s left hook, upoercut, or right hand? You’re beating around the bush.

Compubox isn’t perfect nor the most accurate, but it goes both ways. The same thing with judging. It’s not always right but in general, it’s good enough and it’s all we’ve got.

As for the Manny/Floyd fight, I thought Floyd dominated and Pac looked foolish. He did worse than Canelo did against Floyd... There’s a one small handful of people who somehow saw a different fight with Pac winning and everyone thinks they sound like flat earthers.

As for face, it’s obviously not something to always take i to account but it can definitely be used as a gauge for for damage in some cases and the Canelo-GGG fight is a great example.

For me, I personally scored the 12th for Canelo and though it was pretty clear for him. We all have different criteria but in that round (for example) I thought Canelo landed more big shots. That fight was riddled with bias. There was an instance where Canelo was supposedly hurt and GGG threw about 8 punches and he didnt land a single one. It’s always odd to watch someone get credit for shots they dont land and it goes both ways. Where it looks like Canelo landed a big shot it landed on the hand or where GGG landed one but it really landed on the shoulder. This is nothing new.

Agree with it or not, but Compubox, the judges, and GGG’s face all told the same story and maybe the numbers are off (for both) but I also watched the fight and honestly? Can’t really disagree. I had Canelo beating GGG up with the better punches more often — the judges agreed, GGG’s face agreed, compubox seemed about right. They BOTH could have landed more or less. It doesnt just go the one way.

Sure, we watch canelo throw two punches that miss and he gets credit. Sure, we watch Floyd throw one punch and two register. Sure, also see GGG throw 7 punches, get credit for 4, but only landed one. It happens with EVERYONE.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        A bar can entice a large crowd for a fight. Half the time even for regular ufc or boxing ppv, they just require a drink be bought or something. Dazn isnt free so if a business wants to air it, they have way to purchase the event so that people can pay to go to their place of business.

You dont have to go anywhere and watch it, feel free to stay home. But if you want to pay to view it off of your subscription at someones business, then call it whatever you want.

You can charge your boys 5 bucks (or bring beer, etc) to watch it on your new 30k tv...is that PPV?

Think a movie theater is going to let people in out of the goodness of their heart?
        Wait... you can watch DAZN on a television set? Is it in 4k or HD or 720P? Or did you mean 30k 75" tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
          Wait... you can watch DAZN on a television set? Is it in 4k or HD or 720P? Or did you mean 30k 75" tablet?
          30k was an exaggeration, a hole lol.

But yes you can watch it on a tv? If youve got a smart tv you can dowload the app on it (roku at least in my case) and also ps4/xbox. Apple tv I believe as well and firestick and all that s hit.

As for the quality? I wish I could tell you. Looks to at least be HD or maybe 720 but I honestly dont know if its running 4k on my tv. I never really thought about it.
          Last edited by NearHypnos; 11-24-2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X