• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
    SRL sound he reading from a boxing job orientation video

LOL precisely!

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
      Feels like DAZN has only been up for a minue but Sugar Ray Leonard talks like a guy who’s never seen a fight before. I’ve been thinking for a while that Farhood is the worst but SRL in less than 3 months tops the list.
      But he had the epic joke after the lowblow, how long do you take for a blow like that ray? "20 m...uh, a month" Remember, commentators are schooled to give dumbed down versions of what they're seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
        Farhood scored the Jack Degale fight 114-114. That is an injustice that can never be redeemed.
        That draw scorecard by Farhood was fine. Degale banked in enough early rounds to make it close. Jack like always finished strong but that scorecard doesn't warrant the designation as the "worst" broadcaster. That's just stupid. Even then, Harold Lederman has more suspect scorecards.

Comment

Barry Jones is the absolute worst of the worst, it's criminal how that guy has had a job commentating this long. He must be good mates with Frank Warren. Pretty much all of Sky are terrible and horribly biased. Froch, Adam Smith, Johnny Nelson - all awful. Paulie's the only guy worth listening to on there. Nothing like the good old days of Ian Darke and Glenn McCrory.

As for commentary in America, Al Bernstein is the undisputed king. Kellermen's hit and miss. He's intelligent and knows his stuff, but seems like too much of a company guy sometimes. Lampley's biased but entertaining. Never been a big fan of either Roy or Ward on commentary, I think they're too biased towards boxers of a similar style to theirs (Ward is particularly bad for this). The best HBO combination for me was Merchant, Lampley and George Foreman. Foreman wasn't always the most insightful but man was he entertaining.

The thing I hate most about British commentators - and I say this as a Brit - is how unashamedly biased they are towards their home fighter. They don't even try to hide it, never have done. It's unprofessional. They don't do that in America to their credit.

Comment

lol leonard just make shit up as he goes along

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              I didn't watch last night but I recall SRL from PBC fights. You are right- He literally sounds like he knows nothing about boxing.
              That's the amazing thing. He offers pretty much zero insight. He basically agrees with and repeats what the other commentators are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                That whole dazn team is cringe
                I think Sergio Mora is pretty good, but overall I think that team needs a serious overhaul.
                Brian Kenny is simply not a blow-by-blow guy. He's just all over the place, constantly talking about everything but what's going on in the ring. As has been said, he'd be better in a host role.
                Sugar Ray Leonard, as much as I hate to say it, just offers nothing but name to this crew. I felt he was solid as an announcer with HBO back in the day. There is simply no insight coming from him at all.
                It seems like we see the face of Chris Mannix more than we do of the fighters. Maybe he's doing a good job, I don't know, because I usually mute it after the fights, when he comes on.

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
                  That one dude on dazn annoys the fuhhh outta me, i think his name is LZ? he has the dreads and is on espn as well. imho he has no business being around boxing
                  Good post. Green K.

He looks to me like he should be at some kind of religious congregation somewhere.

Comment

Chris Mannix is solid. I enjoy his commentary. That white girl (don't know her name) tries too hard to please. She looks kinda fake.

Comment

I can’t stand Mark Kriegel.

Clearly plans what he wants to say before the fight even starts. Puts more emphasis talking about the fighters’ backstories and pre-fight meetings then the actual fight (as the fight is actually happening live in front of his eyes).

Comment

Working...
                      X