Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder-Fury Will Be Terrible; Fury Will Get Knocked Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The match will be over before it started because there will be no match

Comment

• Originally posted by KingKrypton View Post
      Hearny said the fight would never happen.
      Hearn says many things and contradicts himself all the time. If PJ would just come out of the closet and finally demand the fight that boxing fans want and voted for. MAKE IT HAPPEN no matter what the cost. Offering flat fee while others like Parker get percentage is outrageous. Stop with the games and make it happen PJ!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        You keep saying “on paper” for Oscar’s card. It was all mismatches, and then we had to wait almost two hours. What difference does it make whos mismatches were better? They were all mismatches.

And the card wasnt Mungia vs Smith, it was Mungia against a little known canadian fighter named Brandon Cook. There was a 20 pound weight advantage for Mungia and it was a mismatch.

So on paper, that card was:
        Chocolatito vs a journeymen - mismatch
        Lemieux vs a journeymen - 20lb advantage for Lemieux, mismatch.
        Mungia vs a journeymen - 20lb advantage for Mungia, mismatch

2 hour wait.
        oh yeah you're right about the smith one. forgot that wasn't the card. Brandon Cook. wasn't he a late replacement? he should have fought against brook, so I know he wasn't scheduled to fight Mungia.

yeah I say on paper, because you never know what happens in the actual fight, but on paper the Lemieux vs O'sullivan was a pretty fun fight. O'Sullivan is not a journeyman. He'd only lost to Billy joe saunders and chris Eubank jr in his entire career and had some good wins along the way.

The guys on the fury vs wilder card are actual journeymen who lost to poor and embarrassing opposition prior, and none of which have any business being in the ring with the likes of Hurd or Ortiz, at all.

on paper the undercard on the fury card is complete crap, and it'll also be so in real life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
          It definitely goes both ways and that's my point. You can't point one out without excepting the otner
          Looked to me like your point was only aimed at Hearn and Joshua.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            oh yeah you're right about the smith one. forgot that wasn't the card. Brandon Cook. wasn't he a late replacement? he should have fought against brook, so I know he wasn't scheduled to fight Mungia.

yeah I say on paper, because you never know what happens in the actual fight, but on paper the Lemieux vs O'sullivan was a pretty fun fight. O'Sullivan is not a journeyman. He'd only lost to Billy joe saunders and chris Eubank jr in his entire career and had some good wins along the way.

The guys on the fury vs wilder card are actual journeymen who lost to poor and embarrassing opposition prior, and none of which have any business being in the ring with the likes of Hurd or Ortiz, at all.

on paper the undercard on the fury card is complete crap, and it'll also be so in real life.
            No idea about the Mungia one. i thought it was always the fight...and I realized from being on this site after that fight that Spike O'Sullivan is considered more of a name on your side of the pond than he is over here. Not an insult, just how things are. you guys know him a lot better. Over here we all just groaned when Oscar pulled his name out to fight Canelo, everyone else didn't know who he was. I'd compare him to a Willie Monroe Jr. without any decent wins. Nobody on your side of the world would give two ****s.

but that undercard was a chance to see Choco, Mungia and to a lesser extent, Lemieux. Nobody cared about who they were fighting. Just like the Wilder/Fury fight. It's how most PPV's work, since Promoters are cheap. When AJ fought Parker the undercard didn't have competitive fights. When AJ fought Takam wasn't the Co-Main Whyte/Helinus? Promoters do this for two reasons. Makes their guys look unbeatable (Whyte was obviously going to blow out Helinus) and saves money. Plus, drunk casuals love knockouts.

EDIT - Just looked at the undercard for Canelo/Fielding. Mismatches lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              The Wilder card is world's better than the **** show that was Miller-Dinu, lol.
              That's because you like mismatches at 70 dollars as opposed to 10 dollars with another entertaining night of fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                That's because you like mismatches at 70 dollars as opposed to 10 dollars with another entertaining night of fights.
                Stevenson-Gvozdyk and Wilder-Fury aren't mismatches, regardless of how much you want to **** on it

Comment

• Its still astonishing to me how skinny & light Wilder is compared to other heavyweights (btwn 214/220lbs) and how friggin hard he hits..lol....At least Hearn is begrudgingly acknowledging this....Fury is a heavy BIG awkward agile orangutan shaped guy (no disrespect intended) with some good defensive skilz, so I'd still be surprised if Wilder connects in clean KO fashion.....I still think he "outboxes" Fury with good combination punching punctuated with shots that keep Fury from countering often enough for a win....

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                    Looked to me like your point was only aimed at Hearn and Joshua.
                    Then you missed my point. However it is Joshua can base that call wilder out more for speaking on Joshua it seems. They don't really notice how much aj/team aj speak on wilder

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                      What the farc has Ortiz done that was so good, get knocked out by Wilder? He had Wilder out on his feet but was so washed up, he couldn't finish him. You do know he's Older than Povetkin, only 1 inch taller and has a trash amateur and pro record in comparisson? Ortiz chose to fight Wilder instead of waiting for AJ, so thats AJ's fault?

What gift stoppage, you talking about the ones where AJ was clearly dominating the whole fight against Takam? ?It was early but not a gift considering he was winning and had dropped him already.

In AJ's last 10 fights only two have been shorter than Ortiz, same as Wilder, so who are these small HW's you're talking about?

AJ has fought more top heavies it's just a fact and if you rate that Ortiz over that version of Klitschko then your agenda is obvious.

Lol you don't need to be a hater of AJ to be a fan of Wilder so pack it in.

Ortiz has amateur record of 349-19 where as Povetkin has record of 125-7. How is Ortiz amateur record trash in comparison??

Comment

Working...
                      X