Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diego De La Hoya Faints While Training To Make Weight, Fight Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seriously question how Diego will do at 126.

He seems like a decent fighter, but in my opinion, not really a top-level elite or talent. He's quite young, so maybe we'll see him continue to grow into a better fighter, but seeing as how he'll need to move up a weight class we may also see him perform worse against bigger & better opponents, and not ever win a title.

With that said, I can't imagine the ****storm that would happen if Diego ever managed to beat someone like, Santa Cruz.

Comment

Stepping on the scale during the afternoon of fight night would be the simple solution to prevent athletes from risking their health by draining themselves to unnatural weight classes.

It won't happen because promoters will grease the governing bodies NOT to implement a policy which ultimately increases the risk of event cancellations.

The athletes need an international union to demand changes to protect their welfare (and implement transparent rankings; ban promoter contracts, etc).

Comment

Working...
      X