Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diego De La Hoya Faints While Training To Make Weight, Fight Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    Drugs, more than likely.
    You can never rule out anything in boxing. For a fighter that is really big at the weight to be still very active in the 12th round of any major fight is very suspect.

Comment

Guess it's time to move up. There are some fun potential fights at 126, but I think he's too small and lacking the power to break through at the top level there

Comment

Same day weigh in, fight within your weight or pay a fine. Simple but will affect promoters money, so it will not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
          I'm not sure how to make weight classes better suited but definitely something needs to be done.
          One day a fighter will end up dead trying to make weight if it hasn't happened already.
          Danny O'Connor came very close to that

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

Doesn’t Canelo have a fight at 168 coming up?
            Yeah but how long was he at 155?? Scratch your head to that one

Comment

*****s getting more ridiculous everyday in boxing with all these fighters looking like death camp survivors at the weight ins

Comment

no sympathy, move up

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                  I'm surprised this hasn't happened to swift hurd. Dude looks like he should he fighting at 168.
                  Add Spence making 147 to the list

Comment

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                    Same day weigh in, fight within your weight or pay a fine. Simple but will affect promoters money, so it will not happen.
                    And its not fair to the other boxer. Its cheating IMO.

Comment

So they plan to replace the headliner fight with a women's bout? I remember the last time I watched a women's fight, probably a couple of years ago or more, they fought only for two minutes and they had one minute rest.

That is ridiculous, pathetic, stupid. Women should fight the same as men, three minutes and one minute rest. I don't see ANY WOMEN complaining about unfairness on this, same case as in GS events in tennis, where men have to play 3-5 sets and women only 2-3 sets, and yet both get paid the same???

I am not a feminist a and I AM female BTW, but this is just ridiculous. It's an entirely different thing to watch a three-minute per round fight than a boring two-minute per round fight. Just when the action starts, the round ends? Ridiculous. Again, I see no women complaining here, which is a total double standard, because for the "nice" stuff like becoming managers, congresspeople, major, governor or president of a country, ALL WOMEN SEEM TO BE GAME FOR IT (all the nice stuff) but I see no women fighting to be equal in the rough, annoying, difficult, traditionally done by men stuff. Let's get females to fight three minutes per round just as men do for God sakes!

NOTE: As I have mentioned, it is 2+ years since I stopped watching women's boxing fights, because of this ridiculous two minute per round thing. IF THIS HAS CHANGED AND NOW WOMEN FIGHT THREE MINUTES JUST AS MEN, I STAND CORRECTED.

Comment

Working...
                      X