Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: If I Fought Wilder In Manchester, We'd Sell 75,000 Tickets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury: If I Fought Wilder In Manchester, We'd Sell 75,000 Tickets

Tyson Fury is certain he'll have as many fans cheering for him at Staples Center as Deontay Wilder when they fight December 1 in Los Angeles. Fury figures a sizeable contingent of Brits will travel to the United States for their 12-round heavyweight title fight. The lineal heavyweight champ is just as sure that if they would've fought in his native Manchester, England, or somewhere else in the United Kingdom, tens of thousands more tickets would already be sold to the event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by Tyson Fury:
    If I Fought Wilder In Manchester, We'd Sell 75,000 Tickets

maybe you shouldn't have said that buddy..... ?

pretty sure that Joshua sells about 90k fighting scrubs

which is why he will not fight Deontay Wilder

Comment

I actually have zero problem believing that. They would have sold out a huge arena.

But the champ has a right to fight where he wants, so props to Fury to agreeing to road trip to get the shot.

Comment

Only the lower bowl at Staples Center has been opened thus far for Wilder-Fury

Wow this is pretty sad. The ticket prices are way too expensive. I guess they overestimated the interest for this fight and got greedy.

Comment

The live gate is nothing. This is 2018. The real money comes from ppvs nowadays. (Or from DAZN if you are Canelo Alvarez.) Also, to be fair, this fight could sell 75,000 tickets in L.A. If they priced them low enough. In the U.S., being at a marquee boxing match is a status symbol. There are always all kind of celebrities at big fights. This is why ticket prices for big fights are so ridiculous.

The reason it is in the states and not England is because of ppvs. Not many Americans are going to pay to watch boxing at 5 or 6 in the afternoon/evening. And the price in North America is a lot more than the roughly $25 it is in England. Also, the British are better fans of boxing. There will still be plenty of ppv buys in the U.K. Even at whatever time it is over there. 2 or 3 am I believe. In fact, it is entirely possible there will be more U.K. buys than North American ppv buys. It is selling the ppv for three times as much that is the reason the fight is in the U.S.

I think the reason it is in L.A. instead of Nevada is because Fury's team felt more comfortable there will be fair, impartial judging/scoring outside of Las Vegas.

Comment

Tyson Fury understands that American PPV and gates trump whatever he can make in the UK. Los Angeles over Manchester any day.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
              Only the lower bowl at Staples Center has been opened thus far for Wilder-Fury

Wow this is pretty sad. The ticket prices are way too expensive. I guess they overestimated the interest for this fight and got greedy.
              Practically ever major fight in the U.S. severely overprices tickets. Its not like it is just this fight.

All fights in Vegas sell less tickets. All of them. Mayweather-McGregor only sold 13,000 seats. And still is #2 for largest gate ever. This fight isn't going to get that kind of revenue, but it is pathetic to act like only selling 20,000 is abnormal for big boxing matches in the U.S.

I guess Floyd-Pac, Floyd-McGregor, and Canelo-g I and II were all really sad then. None of them even sold 20,000 tickets. lmao.

"Wow this is pretty sad." The only thing that is pretty sad is your ignorance of basic facts.

Comment

the fewer people that see boxing the better. keep getting that big money from a few select few. this is the way things should be. f-ukk the average person. they are garbage. trump 2020!

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
                  Practically ever major fight in the U.S. severely overprices tickets. Its not like it is just this fight.

All fights in Vegas sell less tickets. All of them. Mayweather-McGregor only sold 13,000 seats. And still is #2 for largest gate ever. This fight isn't going to get that kind of revenue, but it is pathetic to act like only selling 20,000 is abnormal for big boxing matches in the U.S.

I guess Floyd-Pac, Floyd-McGregor, and Canelo-g I and II were all really sad then. None of them even sold 20,000 tickets. lmao.

"Wow this is pretty sad." The only thing that is pretty sad is your ignorance of basic facts.
                  You are making alot of excuses and talk alot of nonsense.

The ticket prices for Wilder Fury are low, theres a ton of tickets available for $120-$220. Thats not expensive at all. Basically the same price as a ticket for a Joshua fight in an 80k+ arena.

GGG vs Canelo tickets were much higher, the majority was $500-$2500 and both fights basically sold out.

Wilder is struggling to sell out even just the lower bowl (12k) of the Staples with very cheap ticket prices.

Comment

Seems like a no brainer to have the fight in England. Boxing is more popular there and it would put more pressure on AJ/Hearn. They could even have worked out a skit where Wilder could cruise over to AJ's house and rob him and smack his woman after the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X