Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: If I Fought Wilder In Manchester, We'd Sell 75,000 Tickets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big crowds provides a spectacle that gets lots of mainstream media coverage and which in turn stimulates interest in boxing (which is why boxing is booming in the UK). Just hope it goes the same way in the US.

Comment

Not sure mate, I'm not sold myself yet. For me it'll take a while for most to forget some of Tyson's past ignorant comments - and I've never believed the whole uncastrated wild boar excuse for failing a drugs test. He could do with a bit of media training - but that would probably diminish the banter which is his main selling point.
      His boxing ability is unquestionable (but I do think he needs to put more weight behind his shots), and some of the pre-fight antics were priceless (batman - 'nuff said).

As to the comparisons between their wins over Wlad? I think Fury had beaten him before the 1st bell rang due to the mind games, the whole Fury team destroyed Wlad's sense of control and he ended up clueless. Whereas Wlad knew the AJ fight was his last chance for glory and went for it a lot more, until AJ started to gas and he mistakenly thought he could coast to a points win. 2 different ways to win, each impressive against a certain HoF HW champ.

Comment

Nope, wouldn’t happen. This is no Ricky Hatton and certainly not in terms of gentlemanly behaviour and that’s why most of us English civilised people can’t stand this d1ckhead.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          maybe you shouldn't have said that buddy..... ?

pretty sure that Joshua sells about 90k fighting scrubs

which is why he will not fight Deontay Wilder
          Lolx.... You just can't keep AJ off any thread. I wouldn't blame you though, Hez the guy everybody wants to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
            I actually have zero problem believing that. They would have sold out a huge arena.

But the champ has a right to fight where he wants, so props to Fury to agreeing to road trip to get the shot.
            I hope you can repeat this statement when AJ is involved. Don't get complacent.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Tyson Fury understands that American PPV and gates trump whatever he can make in the UK. Los Angeles over Manchester any day.
              American people are only being scammed and ripped off.

Just 20k arena is a big problem for the biggest HW sport rep in the country of 350mil.

I don't know what else to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
                Practically ever major fight in the U.S. severely overprices tickets. Its not like it is just this fight.

All fights in Vegas sell less tickets. All of them. Mayweather-McGregor only sold 13,000 seats. And still is #2 for largest gate ever. This fight isn't going to get that kind of revenue, but it is pathetic to act like only selling 20,000 is abnormal for big boxing matches in the U.S.

I guess Floyd-Pac, Floyd-McGregor, and Canelo-g I and II were all really sad then. None of them even sold 20,000 tickets. lmao.

"Wow this is pretty sad." The only thing that is pretty sad is your ignorance of basic facts.
                I really like the way you lined up your excuses pretty good.

It is what it is....

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  the fewer people that see boxing the better. keep getting that big money from a few select few. this is the way things should be. f-ukk the average person. they are garbage. trump 2020!
                  The Americans here are pretending to be loving the gate with few people seeing the sport and later come back to cry that boxing is in an all time low in the US to attract sympathy.

They are the cause of their problem. They continue ripping off their fans X3 folds the assumed normal price.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                    Lolx.... You just can't keep AJ off any thread. I wouldn't blame you though, Hez the guy everybody wants to talk about.

a duck, is a duck

no point burying your head in the sand..... or up AJ's bum..... or wherever

Comment

Yeah which is why joshua wasnt stupid enough to sign a 50 50 deal in a country with no interest in heavyweight boxing. I think fury probably agreed to everything just to prove a point to team joshua and hes now regretting it, hes made a lot of recent comments about wilders lack of popularity etc. Hes rushed himself into a mediocre pay day

Comment

Working...
                      X