Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: WBC Mandatory Orders Derailed Immediate Spence Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not the real reason. Spence "fought" Ocampo in June and said he wanted another fight this year. Mikey beat Easter shortly after that and said he wanted to fight Spence. They were looking at December. Then Fury and Wilder reached an agreement first, and so Wilder-Fury is a ppv on Dec. 1. Haymon, Spence, and Mikey all know it would be beyond stupid to have another ppv in December, right around Christmas. Thus, Spence-Mikey got pushed back to March.

Does Porter have to make his mandatories before a unification with Spence? In this case, the WBC will do whatever Haymon pays them to do. Which is to order Porter-Ugas, so Spence-Mikey can go on and so Thurman can get a tune-up in. This is rather obvious, especially considering before the Porter-Garcia fight, the WBC announced the winner would have to make two mandatories in the next two fights. One against Berto and one against Thurman. Nothing about Ugas. Of course, Porter already beat Berto and no one wants to see a rematch of that.

Ugas is a quality fighter. At ww, there is TC, Spence, Danny Garcia, Porter, and Thurman. They are the top dogs, all elite fighters. Below them there is Ugas. Then below Ugas, you have Berto, Peterson and the like. Outside of the top 5 ww's Ugas is the next best. Porter-Ugas is a really good match-up.

Comment

Straight up lies. Porter didn’t want to know! No need to sugarcoat it. He didn’t want to know before the Garcia fight. He doesn’t want to know until he fights Thurman, after beating Garcia and knowing Thurman isn’t ready yet then he said he would entertain Spence later after he fights Ugas.

Comment

Then we will see what shakes out next, won't we?

Crazy to think all these great fights that have been simmering under the surface at 147, some for a couple of years, and really only a couple have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          lies, unification with the WBC over rules mando's
          Yes that is correct, what's going on here!

Comment

Come on Porter? Your mandatory was Berto and Thurman and you ain't fighting either. Somehow Ugas got the fight without being your mandatory and being ranked #6 in the WBC. Before when they mentioned Spence to Porter, it was I'm going the WBC belt and only want to fight Danny or Thurman. Now they mention Spence and he quickly mentions mandatory's.

Comment

Where does Bud fit into all this seriously now, we have some super fights that can be made at 147, Thurman is back, Spence is there and Crawford and Porter round out the top 4. Thurman just got by Porter but at some point these guys have to fight each other surely!

Comment

For Errol to get into the ring with me after my fight and to say that he wants to fight me, I told him that it was an easy fight to make. But I have mandatories from the WBC, and Errol Spence does not fall into one of those mandatories.”

In English he didn't wanna get that @$$ whooped haha He doesn't fall into one of those mandatories, how terrible of you sir!!

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  Come on Porter? Your mandatory was Berto and Thurman and you ain't fighting either. Somehow Ugas got the fight without being your mandatory and being ranked #6 in the WBC. Before when they mentioned Spence to Porter, it was I'm going the WBC belt and only want to fight Danny or Thurman. Now they mention Spence and he quickly mentions mandatory's.
                  Well in fairness, Ugas is better than Berto

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    After his mandatory challenger, Amir Imam, elected to take a stay busy fight and was knocked out.
                    so that suddenly means he has no mandatories? lol youre supposed to fight 2 back to back when you win a vacant title, he still had 1 mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      Hopefully there's one PBC unification between their three WW titleholders in 2019 and then another in 2020. Wouldn't be surprised if none of them fought each other in 2019 though.

Ideally we'd get Thurman-Porter II and Spence/Garcia in the summer/fall. Leave two men standing at WW for PBC in 2020.
                      I don't see anything ideal about that. Look how quickly Fury Wilder got made and even Spence Garcia is happening within 6 months of it first being mentioned. PBC is all about kicking the can down the road and making money for all concerned. It's only when easy fights can't be made that the odd great fight gets made. When 2 fighters want to fight the fight normally gets made but with PBC AL is more about the money than the legacy. Spence should have fought at least one of Thurman/Porter/D.Garcia since his Brook win which was how many months ago now? Plus he was calling out Thurman 3 years ago.
                      So when does Crawford get a look in? 2021 or 2022 when he is past his prime?

Comment

Working...
                      X