Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Featherweight Leo Santa Cruz HITS HARDER THAN Errol Spence!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    His success was being walked through and he was getting punished. Fighting that much bigger of an opponent wore on him and he was getting broken down. It carried over to the spence fight...as soon as he felt the pressure, he became gun shy. Moving up 2 divisions and facing a heavy puncher was a bad career move. He woulda been better off if he got starched with that left hook in the 1st.
    He became gun shy? No, he didn't become gun shy, he just couldn't handle the pressure. Spence is a dog that gets stronger as the fight goes on, and Brook needs to fight at a certain pace. He couldn't clinch Spence the way he did Brook as he was catching shots to the liver when he would try. Spence all fight was landing the jab and the hook to the body. Dealing with that and someone in that great shape is hell. And Brook eventually broke. It is lazy as hell to just say he was already broken by GGG. So are you saying you think Brook would have won if he didn't fight GGG beforehand?

And again, Brook didn't take all that much punishment from GGG. You said he was getting walked down, and late in the fight he was but his corner stepped in before it got worse for him. The rounds prior he was landing some FLUSH shots on GGG and was right in the fight. His problem is his feet get stuck in the mud and he gets tagged with too many jabs. If you bring consistent pressure and can overcome his size/physical strength, eventually you will start to get to him.

Comment

Yeah but...........

https://youtu.be/oWCMX61KIrs

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        He became gun shy? No, he didn't become gun shy, he just couldn't handle the pressure. Spence is a dog that gets stronger as the fight goes on, and Brook needs to fight at a certain pace. He couldn't clinch Spence the way he did Brook as he was catching shots to the liver when he would try. Spence all fight was landing the jab and the hook to the body. Dealing with that and someone in that great shape is hell. And Brook eventually broke. It is lazy as hell to just say he was already broken by GGG. So are you saying you think Brook would have won if he didn't fight GGG beforehand?

And again, Brook didn't take all that much punishment from GGG. You said he was getting walked down, and late in the fight he was but his corner stepped in before it got worse for him. The rounds prior he was landing some FLUSH shots on GGG and was right in the fight. His problem is his feet get stuck in the mud and he gets tagged with too many jabs. If you bring consistent pressure and can overcome his size/physical strength, eventually you will start to get to him.
        It's ridiculous to say that fight vs ggg didn't have any effect on him. His corner didn't stop it preemptively, they stepped in cuz of the damage. I'm sure they had a better look at it than we did watching on tv. I'm not saying brook would have beaten spence, but he was definitely diminished by the loss to ggg...both physically and mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
          It's ridiculous to say that fight vs ggg didn't have any effect on him. His corner didn't stop it preemptively, they stepped in cuz of the damage. I'm sure they had a better look at it than we did watching on tv. I'm not saying brook would have beaten spence, but he was definitely diminished by the loss to ggg...both physically and mentally.
          No, it is also just as ridiculous to take away from Spence's performance and just say Brook was a broken man heading into that fight. That would imply other WWs would have done the same to him....And something tells me that wasn't going to happen.

Well, they knew his eye was jacked up from the 2nd round and were prepared to stop it from the first sign of trouble Brook was in. They likely prepared for that all camp once the fight was announced. So yeah, I stand by what I said. He didn't take major punishment or anything....As the fight was stopped before that was going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            No, it is also just as ridiculous to take away from Spence's performance and just say Brook was a broken man heading into that fight. That would imply other WWs would have done the same to him....And something tells me that wasn't going to happen.

Well, they knew his eye was jacked up from the 2nd round and were prepared to stop it from the first sign of trouble Brook was in. They likely prepared for that all camp once the fight was announced. So yeah, I stand by what I said. He didn't take major punishment or anything....As the fight was stopped before that was going to happen.
            He took enough punishment for his corner to stop the fight. Everyone reacts differently to getting their face broken and stopped, but most won't be good as new heading into their next fight. It was a mistake to move up 2 divisions to face ggg and another mistake to face a guy like spence in his next fight. Whoever handles him ruined his career.

Comment

Word around the SoCal gyms is Leo bullies Middleweights around in sparring. The reason why his power doesn't show up in fights is because he's depleting himself boiling down to 126.

We'll see the real power once he moves up and conquers 135 and 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                Word around the SoCal gyms is Leo bullies Middleweights around in sparring. The reason why his power doesn't show up in fights is because he's depleting himself boiling down to 126.

We'll see the real power once he moves up and conquers 135 and 140.
                Lomachenko vs Santa Cruz? Hell yeah...........

Comment

Working...
                X