Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez Agrees To Rematch With Darren Barker At Wembley On AJ Show [Tweet]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not entirely sure why Martniez is doing this. Is he truly trying to mount a comeback? Is he hurting for money?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
      Glad to see Barker again, felt he retired prematurely and he(along with Macklin and Murray), gave Martinez his 3 toughest fighters in his prime(before he was a cripple against Cotto)
      Barker's entire career was plagued with hip injuries, man. He retired after it gave out again against Sturm (whom I think he might well have beaten at that time). Damn shame - not an elite fighter, sure, but a good dude and a solid top 10ish kind of guy.

This is a dude with no hip against a dude with no knees and between them close to a decade out of the ring.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-14-2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Pointless and ****** but it'd be great seeing martinez again

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Barker's entire career was plagued with hip injuries, man. He retired after it gave out again against Sturm (whom I think he might well have beaten at that time). Damn shame - not an elite fighter, sure, but a good dude and a solid top 10ish kind of guy.

This is a dude with no hip against a dude with no knees and between them close to a decade out of the ring.
          My bad, meant career getting 'Cut short' lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
            Not entirely sure why Martniez is doing this. Is he truly trying to mount a comeback? Is he hurting for money?
            DAZN are launching in Spain, beginning of 2019. Maybe has something to do with that, maybe him and Hearn going to start working together in a promoting capacity aswell? Though does also sound like hes interested in a comeback, apparently Chavez Jr wanted a tuneup before fighting after the initial talks, caught wind it wasn't just gunna be an exhibition type fight

Comment

Absolutely zero interest in this matchup.

Is Sergio broke or something? I thought he was a model & promoting now & had a bum f#cking knee?

Seems like a silly decision to fight again unless he's getting really good money for it. I was assuming he was getting nice money for a DAZN main event vs JCC Jr., but this seems like a far less alluring matchup to me. Idk doe. If they are gonna pay him nice for it fair play to him I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
                it'll be good to include disabled boxing on the cards, along with women's boxing being shown more.

Martinez has the knees of a 70 year old cripple and i'm sure Barker has had some form of hip replacement, no joke.

Who needs substance when you have novelty?

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  DAZN are launching in Spain, beginning of 2019. Maybe has something to do with that, maybe him and Hearn going to start working together in a promoting capacity aswell? Though does also sound like hes interested in a comeback, apparently Chavez Jr wanted a tuneup before fighting after the initial talks, caught wind it wasn't just gunna be an exhibition type fight
                  I hope it works out, would hate to see him get hurt.

Comment

This has gotta be a joke, right?

Comment

I'd watch this.

Comment

Working...
                      X