No announcement yet.

Fight of the Year | Wilder vs Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I think this is one of the reasons i actually like Wilder fighting style. Totally different to anyone else and for me that is actually intriguing to watch. He might look like he doesn't know what he is doing but you don't stop someone like Ortiz if you don't have the basic fundamentals.
    You don't go to the damn Olympics without more than basic fundamentals, because power is useless in the Ams

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      You don't go to the damn Olympics without more than basic fundamentals, because power is useless in the Ams
      Thats the thing! I might disagree with how he ducked AJ (Thats my humble opinion), But i cannot sit here and say the guy can't fight! I see everywhere how he gets criticise for not having this or that (Technically) and am thinking maybe am watching the wrong guy here.

Yes he is sloppy, yes he does the windmill when his opponents are hurt, but he does really know what he is doing in there. He is awkward to others but he knows what he is doing in there. He might have a sh itty resume but he still need to catch those opponents on the chin to knock them out.

This is why am picking him to beat AJ whenever or if ever they meet (By 2019 before AJ gets better IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Makes you wonder why David Price was picked over Tyson Fury for the Olympic team

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I think this is one of the reasons i actually like Wilder fighting style. Totally different to anyone else and for me that is actually intriguing to watch. He might look like he doesn't know what he is doing but you don't stop someone like Ortiz if you don't have the basic fundamentals.
          Wilder has the worst 40 fight record in HW history. He's fun to watch but gets outboxed by guys like Spzilka and Washington..... you're buying into the hype just like everyone bought into Bellew's left hook and his KO power, it's overrated, massively!

Wilder needs a sandbag in front of him OR a faded opponent with high blood pressure..... but he is smart enough to survive until they gas.

Wilder is not the wrecking ball he is made out to be, I've watched all his title fights, he's terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            Wilder has the worst 40 fight record in HW history. He's fun to watch but gets outboxed by guys like Spzilka and Washington..... you're buying into the hype just like everyone bought into Bellew's left hook and his KO power, it's overrated, massively!

Wilder needs a sandbag in front of him OR a faded opponent with high blood pressure..... but he is smart enough to survive until they gas.

Wilder is not the wrecking ball he is made out to be, I've watched all his title fights, he's terrible.
            He has the basic fundamentals of a 14 yr old amateur boxer, and yet they hype that like it's something special. He isn't scaring anybody I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
              Everyone is looking forward to the hotly anticipated matchup between two undefeated heavyweights, WBC Champion Deontay Wilder and Lineal HW Champion Tyson Fury, but is this event going to prove America is still the center of boxing or will it bomb spectacularly further cementing the UK's claim?

On December 1st we will find out!!

(larger version HERE)

Main card and televised undercard

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury
              Luis Ortiz vs Travis Kauffman
              Joe Joyce vs Joe Hanks
              Adonis Stevenson vs Oleksandr Gvozdyk
              Jarrett Hurd vs Jason Welborn
              Julio Cesar Chavez jr vs Alfredo Angulo

Fights on the non televised portion

Chris Arreola vs TBA
              Isaac Lowe vs TBA
              Robert Guerrero vs TBA
              Anthony Yarde vs TBA

P.S. If you spot any errors on the FOTY poster please let me know
              P.P.S. I will update this post when those opponents are announced
              People like you who insist on making nationalistic angles to boxing hold back this sport.

I've never given a F where a fighter comes from and I never will.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                People like you who insist on making nationalistic angles to boxing hold back this sport.

I've never given a F where a fighter comes from and I never will.
                they still play the national anthems for big fights? they do so stfu *****

Comment

I'm not anti-American, and I even put myself on the poster which makes me part of the joke. Below is the original poster, and as you can see it has an anti-american slogan, I just altered it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
                    just found this on twitter, pretty sweet

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                      Two lineal titles ( Fury, Stevenson) on the same telecast you say? When was the last time the UK brought their audience such quality?

Poor bastards, stuck with their pitiful euro-level undercards for the build-up of their only star in GayJ -- SAD.
                      And they are begging people to seat with half the price.
                      Of course it's the fight of the year LMAO.

Comment

Working...
                      X