No announcement yet.

Fight of the Year | Wilder vs Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    Wilder's training is going really well....

omg

I might actually put some money on a Fury KO after seeing that ... spinning ****? Wilder actually boasted about that move the first time he tried it, so embarrassing. In MMA spinning back fists are legal but you're not allowed to use the outside of the glove in boxing. Spinning results in you turning your back on your opponent and he's going to be there waiting for you when you complete the spin.

I am gobsmacked

Comment

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
      omg

I might actually put some money on a Fury KO after seeing that ... spinning ****? Wilder actually boasted about that move the first time he tried it, so embarrassing. In MMA spinning back fists are legal but you're not allowed to use the outside of the glove in boxing. Spinning results in you turning your back on your opponent and he's going to be there waiting for you when you complete the spin.

I am gobsmacked
      I genuinely want Wilder to lose because he makes a mockery of the sweet science. If Wilder is the best fighter of this era and cleans up the division then I will stop watching or caring about boxing...... footwork, balance and fundamentals don't matter at that point.

What the hell has happened to this sport when a HW champion is spinning around the ring like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
        I genuinely want Wilder to lose because he makes a mockery of the sweet science. If Wilder is the best fighter of this era and cleans up the division then I will stop watching or caring about boxing...... footwork, balance and fundamentals don't matter at that point.

What the hell has happened to this sport when a HW champion is spinning around the ring like that?
        It was like a fencing move minus the sword. Is it his way of showing the crowd how athletic he is? Makes me wonder if he's been taking ballet lessons haha

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
          I'm in my lane. I am a big AJ fan, I can't to see this fight, I respect Wilder and Fury for putting their 0's on the line AND i am looking forward to seeing the undercard! I like Ortiz so looking forward to seeing that too.

Am I on my own on this??? Or has boxing become too political or 'pick a side'???
          That's plenty fair bubba maybe instead of Joshua fans I should have just said "Some of y'all"

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
            I'm in my lane. I am a big AJ fan, I can't to see this fight, I respect Wilder and Fury for putting their 0's on the line AND i am looking forward to seeing the undercard! I like Ortiz so looking forward to seeing that too.

Am I on my own on this??? Or has boxing become too political or 'pick a side'???
            I'm curious, how does an undefeated fighter avoid putting his 0 on the line? I'm guessing you mean the way Deontay Wilder did until he was 39-0

Comment

Deontay on his period again

Comment

Speaking as an AJ fan, I'm hoping the fight is cancelled or bores people to tears.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Two lineal titles ( Fury, Stevenson) on the same telecast you say? When was the last time the UK brought their audience such quality?

Poor bastards, stuck with their pitiful euro-level undercards for the build-up of their only star in GayJ -- SAD.
                  Quality? The main event could be interesting or could be a bore fest. Every single fight on the undercard is a squash match. That's what you call quality?

Nuthuggers.

I'm looking forward to the main event (whilst sceptical of how entertaining it may be) but everything else is just... dull.
                  Last edited by Deus; 11-16-2018, 04:42 AM.

Comment

just found this on twitter, pretty sweet

Comment

Massive fight and to be honest it can be a fight of the year candidate due to the different style they both possess. Can't Wilder catch Fury? Can Fury last longer? Doesn't Fury still have the legs? Can Wilder outbox Fury? Has Wilder fall in love with his power? Has Fury bitten off more than he can chew? Would Fury get a decision if he deserves it over Wilder? Too many questions that needs an answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X