No announcement yet.

PBC on Fox Press Conference - Nov 13 @ 5 PM on Fox Go App

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBC on Fox Press Conference - Nov 13 @ 5 PM on Fox Go App

Apparently, some big time fights are supposed to be announced on tomorrow evening.

In September, Premier Boxing Champions and Fox announced a four-year rights deal that will begin with a prime time card featuring twins Jermell and Jermall Charlo on Dec. 22 in New York. But what comes next for the PBC on Fox franchise, which is due to have 10 “marquee fight nights” annually with an additional 12 shows on Fox Sports 1? Fox and PBC have scheduled a “press conference experience” for Tuesday afternoon at the Fox Studios in Los Angeles, where they plan to unveil several of the fights and cards for early 2019. “Find out when boxing’s biggest champions return to action on Fox, FS1 and Fox Deportes,” the invitation read.

Press Conference Experience?!?! Wtf is that.

Hopefully it'll involve more Q & A. PBC guys don't do enough Q & A sh^t.

Boxing in general needs to take the UFC approach with their Q & A friendly pressers. I hate hearing some chick come up & talk about some sh^tty airline for 5 minutes at boxing pressers.

Comment

If it doesn’t involve the top fighters fighting each other I don’t want to hear it and wtf happened to Omar Figueroa

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        If it doesn’t involve the top fighters fighting each other I don’t want to hear it and wtf happened to Omar Figueroa
        He got popped for a DWI last year. He was supposed to fight Broner last year and was replaced with Jesse Vargas.

Comment

Dec 22
          FOX
          Charlo-Monroe Jr
          Charlo-Harrison
          Breazeale-Negron

Jan 12
          SHO or FS1

Jan 19
          PPV (FOX or SHO?)
          Pacquiao-Broner

Jan 26
          FOX

Feb 16
          FOX

Mar 9
          FOX
          Porter-Ugas (possible)

Mar 16
          PPV (FOX or SHO?)
          Spence-Garcia
          Dirrell-Yildirim
          Benavidez-TBA

Comment

Supposedly Spence is in LA right now so does that mean FOX will get the Garcia PPV? They will be getting both that one AND the Broner/Pacquiao PPVs? If so, that's interesting but would take care of two of the four PPVs FOX will be putting on.

All those fights can't just go on FOX as SHO will be putting on three shows in the first three months themselves.

Comment

I hope Thurman has a comeback fight and that would free up a rematch with Porter and Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                I hope Thurman has a comeback fight and that would free up a rematch with Porter and Danny.
                He probably does fight in January or February in a tune up fight. But why a rematch for Porter and Danny? Porter is fighting Ugas which is a really solid fight. Danny can go fight someone else in the mean time. I think Porter and Spence are both fighting in March for a reason to set up their fight later in the summer of 19.

As for Thurman? Let's see what he has after being off for damn near two years.

Comment

The PBC owes Fox at least 10 championship type cards on their Fox television network and at least 12 non championship type cards on their FS1 sister network; For a total of 22 cards.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    The PBC owes Fox at least 10 championship type cards on their Fox television network and at least 12 non championship type cards on their FS1 sister network; For a total of 22 cards.
                    Correct....But what was the point of this? Lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X