Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward would be a legit threat to Usyk...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward had trouble with Kovalev. Usyk is 32lbs bigger & 3x better than Kov probably. Ward is only beating Usyk in his dreams. I don't think it'd even be a good move for him to comeback to fight Usyk. I like his chances vs Wilder or Joshua more than Usyk cuz he could outslick Wilder or Joshua. He's not outslicking Usyk.

Comment

Either you underrate Kovs skill a lot or overrate Usyk a lot but both are top tier operators.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
        They can meet up in HW then. Random thought: You know the moment Usyk performs well at HW he will become Juisyk to half the "fans" anyway.
        C'mon man, don't do this...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Wards a winner. You dont have to like his style, attitude, or nationality. Just respect the man as a winner and aknowledge he'd be Usyk's biggest challenge as an amateur or pro.

Give Ward 1 tune-up at CW and he decisions Usyk and stops him late in a rematch...

lmao,

Usyk has the Ward blueprint.

Ward would break his hand punching Usyk.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=797952

Comment

give ward 3 tune ups and he can win a robbery in the first usyk fight. second fight he comes back with a vengeance and wins legit with a ball ko. all he does is win

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              lmao,

Usyk has the Ward blueprint.

Ward would break his hand punching Usyk.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=797952
              ward doens't need his hands to win fights. did you miss the all he does is win part? that means he will use or do anything in order to win.

Comment

It's a good fight

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  Wards a winner. You dont have to like his style, attitude, or nationality. Just respect the man as a winner and aknowledge he'd be Usyk's biggest challenge as an amateur or pro.

Give Ward 1 tune-up at CW and he decisions Usyk and stops him late in a rematch...
                  Ward is a great fighter and a first ballot HOF hands down but to say he would stop Usyk is a bit improbable. If he has to beat Usyk and it is a very big IF, it would likely be a extremely close decision much like the first Kovalev fight.

I would still favor Usyk though with his movement and footwork the guy his size. Plus, he is naturally bigger and stronger than Ward.

Comment

As much as I love Andre Ward this fight would be all wrong for him. He won't win. There are weight divisions for a reason and I just cannot see S.O.G. Moving up two to three weight divisions challenging a man who is not only naturally younger, larger and stronger than himself but is also very skilled with an extensive amateur pedigree as well; Which means he knows all the fundamentals and can fight.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
                      Either you underrate Kovs skill a lot or overrate Usyk a lot but both are top tier operators.
                      Kov's is/was an excellent fighter. But never at the top of my P4P list. Hypothetically I do not see him even at the same weight better than Usyk. Now add 25lbs difference between K and Usyk, that would be a one sided fight.

Personally of the four most prominent Eastern Euros (since these guys all get lumped together) I think P4P here is how I would place them at their peak either now or in the past:

Usyk - I think what he does at his size is amazing.
                      Loma - he is great, but at his weight I don't think the gap in uniqueness is as vast as it is between Usyk and his opposition.
                      Golovkin - I like him much better than the two above but their movement offsets Golovkin's better P4P power.

Kovalev - excellent fighter but a level below the guys above. And Usyk and Loma might be a level above Golovkin. K is the kind of guy who could beat top notch fighters (like I believe he did Ward in the first fight) but I would put him just a level below.

Comment

Working...
                      X