Usyk is bodybagged by any top 5 hw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
    Povetkin and Ortiz have great chins at HEAVYWEIGHT
    povetkins old and cannot do roids anymore. Ortiz is 127 yrs old and was only ok'd to fight 10 mins before wilder fight happened because his old ass has extreme high blood pressure lol. I believe Usyk will do very well at HW. Can he withstand punches from,top guys? ONLY time will tell. My money says he does great

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      What a very funny statement?

You guys are so right. Those big dudes would just simply walk him down all night long because he wouldn't have enough punching power in order to hurt them.
      Those big dudes need to bring a lot of stamina. After two rounds of punching air, they are out. Not like Usyk is easy to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
        You're overrating the quality of the HWs... this is not a talented division. This is a division where fighters like Travis Kaufman are fighting Luis Ortiz, and fighters like Eric Molina, Johan Duhuapas and Artur Szpilka are getting title shots... and if Usyk moves up, he immediately becomes the best boxer.
        As opposed to cruiser where 2 light heavies, 1 borderline top 10, the other like 15th, cracked the top 5 of the division?

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
          I wonder if he could convince the Klit brothers to help out with sparring.

Obviously they don't need the paycheck, but they might want to help out a fellow Ukrainian.

Even retired, I think Wlad would be a useful sparring partner.
          That would be the best possible way for him to transition into the heavyweight ranks. I heard he fought a good number in the AM's but Wlad and Vitali would probably be glad to help him with the adjustment in the Pro's.
          Last edited by richardt; 11-10-2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            Those big dudes need to bring a lot of stamina. After two rounds of punching air, they are out. Not like Usyk is easy to hit.
            I agree and you make a very good point. Usyk's southpaw stance and awkward angles would give any heavyweight trouble. However, the big question is does he have enough conditioning and stamina to keep the fight in the center of the ring? Moreover, can he do that for twelve straight rounds in a row, without taking a rope break, in order to rest his legs?

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
              Bellew has lt heavy power and rocked the undisputed cruiser champ. If any of the usual suspects AJ, Wilder, Fury, Whyte etc were the ones hitting Usyk he’s likely eating out of a straw for 2 weeks or possibly retired with a head injury.

The man is so below next level to compete at hw its laughable. Holy was the exception and right now I wouldn’t even put Usyk on a prime Haye level.
              Fuc you and your dumbass bias opinion. You just hate the guy because of where he is from. If he was English you would love him. Bellew never rocked him. Not once. What the hell do you think cruiserweights are anyway? Most of them weigh in at 200 pounds and come in the ring weighing 210 to 220 pounds. That's a heavyweight about as big as a prime Tyson or Foreman and bigger that Holyfield or Frazier. Usyk beat huge guys in the amateurs and he can beat them in the pros. Bellew says he is a great fighter and his opinion is better than that of a hater like yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                I wonder if he could convince the Klit brothers to help out with sparring.

Obviously they don't need the paycheck, but they might want to help out a fellow Ukrainian.

Even retired, I think Wlad would be a useful sparring partner.
                Usyk used Wlad as a sparring partner for Bellew, I can certainly see him doing so again against the bigger names at HW.

Comment

Uysk would make fools of the entire division they’re way too slow for him and no where near his technicality.

Comment

Usyk has skills. He would absolutely beat at least 1 of the top 5 heavyweights

Comment

Sometimes some posters on here really annoy me. If a champion like GGG wants to stay at his correct weight and fight at 160 his whole career they call him a POS for not moving up to 168 or 175 to dare to be great. These same posters laugh at Usyk for moving up. They say he is a fool to move up and doesn't have a chance in hell of being successful. So these boxers they dislike are damned if they don't move up to a heavier weight class and damned if they do.

Comment

Working...
                      X