Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk Blasts Tony Bellew For Knockout Win in Eight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
    Lol ... As in to attempt to be undisputed. AJ is not hitting the canvas. Not on my watch
    Got it now. Hope the undisputed is really next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straightener View Post
      His movement is quality but at some point he’s gonna get tagged hard

Wouldn’t mind seeing Usyk miller next just to see how he can deal with a big lump
      I think Miller bullies him. For a big guy, Miller moves his head really well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
        So he was supposedly thrown out of the gym by Vladimir because he was dominating Vladimir in sparring, but couldn’t win a round against Bellew prior to the KO.

I’m sorry, I just can’t buy these urban legends hook, line and sinker. This guy is supposed to be some premier boxer, but was befuddled and thoroughly outboxed by Bellew. It’s absolutely absurd.
        Don't be that angry, mean you no harm.
        You made it a total mess.
        Video is supposed to be a response to your on par doubts.
        Usyk won all but 1st and 6th, watch the fight.
        The befuddling and outboxing by Bellew is next level delirium, watch the fight.
        And all this started from no chance against Povetkin, so do not deviate, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
          Ward, with one tune-up, will take this dude's titles.
          That would be a 50-50 fight. It would be #1 vs. #2 p4p. There are very few fights I would pay to see, but I would pay good money to watch a Ward-Usyk fight. That trumps Wilder-Joshua, Spence-Crawford, and Mikey-Loma as the best fight possible.

Comment

So he was supposedly thrown out of the gym by Vladimir because he was dominating Vladimir in sparring, but couldn’t win a round against Bellew prior to the KO.

I’m sorry, I just can’t buy these urban legends hook, line and sinker. This guy is supposed to be some premier boxer, but was befuddled and thoroughly outboxed by Bellew. It’s absolutely absurd.
            Fair enough that you think Usyk’s overhyped but seriously now...
            What fight were you watching? Befuddled? And ‘couldn’t win a round?’ Wow you’re either excited or need to lay off the crack bro.

Bellew did have early success but fought way too intensely and from round 6 it was clear as day he was going to get taken out. It was also clear he was struggling mentally under the non stop pressure Usyk put him under from round 5 onwards.

It’s a 12 round fight, it’s no good losing your mind because Bellew had 2/3 good rounds, once Usyk made the adjustments, there was only one winner, give the guy some credit for going to yet another fighters backyard and doing the business emphatically.

Comment

• respect to usyk he's a top 5 fighter p4p to become UNDISPUTED.
              the cruiserweight div has historically been very shallow but even still he collected ALL the belts and that has to be commended.
              i put him above lomachenko(#4) & behind Mikey Garcia(#2) & Terence Crawford(#1)
              which makes him #3 on my p4p list in 16 fights.

Comment

Let me guess, u had Usyk up prior to the KO ?

Pathetic, U must be star struck already, lol
                It was a close fight up until the KO but saying Bellend had won the first six and was dominating the fight until the KO though? lol! You even said he could not crack an egg, feather fisted blah blah and yet your boy Bellend got KTFO, butthurt? lol or just plain Usyk hater lol!!

Comment

• i did NOT know that usyk was 31 YEARS old
                  i thought he was like 24 years old or somethin'
                  i was like damn he gon be a phenom.
                  he may have reached his peak & thats at cruiserweight. he def cant take those same shots from the Heavyweights that he took from bellew in the first 5 rounds.

i dont see him beating any of the top heavyweights such as ortiz, wilder, joshua, miller or fury i think he can beat whyte & parker & chisora tho but the other ones is too big for him and wilder isnt as big(weight wise) but he has the biggest punch in the division and the south paw killer is the skraight right hand
                  i thought usyk was taller too, he's only 6'3 the other heavyweights is giants. the closest heavyweight in size is ortiz & miller but they like 245lbs & 315lbs theres no way usyk can "outbox" ortiz unless that age catches him which is a possibility and he MAY be able to outbox miller but miller could walk through his shots he's just way too big for usyk to hurt

Comment

• Originally posted by tatot View Post
                    It was a close fight up until the KO but saying Bellend had won the first six and was dominating the fight until the KO though? lol! You even said he could not crack an egg, feather fisted blah blah and yet your boy Bellend got KTFO, butthurt? lol or just plain Usyk hater lol!!
                    Pathetic, nah! Just a true fan of the sweet science and I appreciate greatness when I see one. Like I said, if AJ beats Usyk I will eat a big humble pie.

Then again, Usyk may have to face Wilder first though cause he’s got balls unlike your boy Joshua who needs to grow a pair lol!

Comment

• I have to disagree. This is my first fight I’ve watch for usyk, I must say I’m impressed. He manage to stay just out of range enough yet inside enough to keep pop on his punches. I thought offensively a masterclass. Defense was meh. Maybe he just didn’t respect Bellews punching power? Whatever the case love the work rate too. Just constantly pecking away so your opponent never gets balance.

Usyk is officially one of the best right now. Very surprised that dude can move like that.

I think he can beat most of the current HW if he can keep the speed. And add some power. Clearly a lot better boxing IQ than anyone in the division.
                      Last edited by vwelsh; 11-11-2018, 01:20 AM. Reason: A little tipsy

Comment

Working...
                      X