Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This guy is supposed to challenge AJ and Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    He didn’t carry Bellew, he had to be aware of Bellew early on. His left was being blocked by Bellew, so he started looping his left hand. He broke Bellew down but by bit and stalked him until he had no where else to go. Usyk foot work was amazing last night, he just need to have one or two fights at HW first IMHO, he already has the edge over all of them in brains (Ring generalship).
    ... I myself don't think he carried Bellew...

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      The one thing I do know for certain, is that Tony Belllew was a huge betting underdog going into this fight and he yet he exceed expectations. No one gave him much chance of winning this fight. However had he scored the upset, then it would have been then biggest upset on British soil since Ricky Hatton defeated Kostya Tszyu way back in 2005.
      I said it before here: Bellew was too drained for such a big fight...

Comment

Floyd Mayweather lost the first 4 rounds vs connor mcgregor.

So there goes your theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Kell Mercury View Post
          I was disappointed last night with Usyk knew to at least expect a slow start but he really allowed Bellew to hang in there longer than he needed or could have if he’d started in the first as opposed to what I saw as the third when he really started to assert himself and back Bellew up hunting him.
          Is this the rhetoric now? How about we give Bellew some credit? Tactically he had Usyk at the start of the fight, jab was working, right hand lead was working, counter was working too. Why? Because Usyk prefers fighters to come into his wheelhouse, and Bellew is underrated at range, in fact he is just underrated.

Usyk made adjustments, he didn't start slow, or late. He couldn't get off at the start, DUE to Bellew. You undermine both fighters with this rhetoric...to boxing fans who know their ****, the fact that Usyk had real problems in there and solved the puzzle is showing another string to his bow.

But on the flip side some of you need to expect that Usyk showed some limitations in there, which all fighters show when they fight at championship level regularly. Different styles will bring out different flaws but the elite fighters find a way to win consistently regardless.

Comment

Wilder is trash and will get a boxing lesson. AJ would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              I said it before here: Bellew was too drained for such a big fight...
              Yeah, I believe so too and given the fact that Usyk was the naturally larger, stronger and the more athletic of the two hurt him as well. I've noticed by the seventh round, Bellew started throwing less and fighting off his back foot more.

In addition, by Tony moving all the way up from Light heavyweight to heavyweight and back down to cruiserweight didn't help matters either. I strongly believe that Tony cut close to 40 pounds in order to make weight for this fight.

However, even if Tony was physically fit and fighting in his physical prime or at full strength, it still wouldn't have been enough to defeat Oleksandr Usyk. The reason why is because Oleksandr is just an overall better fighter.

The only thing that stands out on Tony Bellew's resume were his two TKO victories over a washed up David Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                Yeah, I believe so too and given the fact that Usyk was the naturally larger, stronger and the more athletic of the two hurt him as well. I've noticed by the seventh round, Bellew started throwing less and fighting off his back foot more.

In addition, by Tony moving all the way up from Light heavyweight to heavyweight and back down to cruiserweight didn't help matters either. I strongly believe that Tony cut close to 40 pounds in order to make weight for this fight.

However, even if Tony was physically fit and fighting in his physical prime or at full strength, it still wouldn't have been enough to defeat Oleksandr Usyk. The reason why is because Oleksandr is just an overall better fighter.

The only thing that stands out on Tony Bellew's resume were his two TKO victories over a washed up David Haye.
                ... I wasn't leaning towards Bellew under any circumstances, I only noticed that, back then, when he signed to fight Usyk he was very fat -- therefore he didn't make weight in a healthy manner...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... I wasn't leaning towards Bellew under any circumstances, I only noticed that, back then, when he signed to fight Usyk he was very fat -- therefore he didn't make weight in a healthy manner...
                  Losing at that weight definitely doesn’t help going into the later rounds. Usyk was intelligent enough not to be inpatient.

Comment

Usyk did start slow. He usually does to let the opponent tire a bit so he has a strength/stamina edge later on. He didnt figure much out though, he had 1 or 2 rds where he got something but Bellew would adjust and take it from him. He won because he came in shape and bellew didnt.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      Is this the rhetoric now? How about we give Bellew some credit? Tactically he had Usyk at the start of the fight, jab was working, right hand lead was working, counter was working too. Why? Because Usyk prefers fighters to come into his wheelhouse, and Bellew is underrated at range, in fact he is just underrated.

Usyk made adjustments, he didn't start slow, or late. He couldn't get off at the start, DUE to Bellew. You undermine both fighters with this rhetoric...to boxing fans who know their ****, the fact that Usyk had real problems in there and solved the puzzle is showing another string to his bow.

But on the flip side some of you need to expect that Usyk showed some limitations in there, which all fighters show when they fight at championship level regularly. Different styles will bring out different flaws but the elite fighters find a way to win consistently regardless.
                      It’s my rhetoric deal with it, I don’t rate Bellew whatsoever he’s garbage and the definition of an overachiever.

Usyk shouldn’t have allowed him to be competitive or take a solitary round or two, he’s much better than that and started slow, that’s a fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X