No announcement yet.

Kenny Porter says Spence didn't want that smoke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    It's ironic that Kenny Porter is saying this because he knows the ramifications of his son not defending his two mandatory challengers against Thurman and Berto, before a voluntary unification with Spence; He will get stripped of his WBC title.
    The WBC allows unification over mando's. WBC Guy is the only guy really pushing that actually. So its not like Spence vs Porter couldn't happen next despite the mando situation.

Although in fairness I'm not positive with the Thurman situation. He's got a free title shot card or w/e. So he's higher up then a standard mando situation. Idk what supersedes what here a get a title shot for free card held by Thurman or a unifying fight with Spence. I know unifying with Spence supersedes the Berto mando doe.

Comment

He's got a choice between a bigger name p4p top 5 fighter on PPV right now (when there is a chance for the fight to be made) and a guy who will ALWAYS be available for him as long as he is a welterweight.

This shouldn't be up for discussion.

Comment

You need more people Kenny

Comment

It's not really acceptable to be bringing smaller guys up to fight you when champions in your own division are calling you out. By the time Spence next faces a top welterweight it will be at least two years since the last. That's two of his prime years wasted

Comment

Errol Spence beat Kell Brook, who unquestionably beat Shawn Porter. I call bull

Comment

I'm sure Spence Jr would walk away from the Mikey Garcia fight right now for Shawn Porter unification. Something is not adding up here AT ALL, about a month ago when Spence Jr was posting "I Need A Fight" it was silence and only Collazo spoke up

But Spence Jr vs Mikey is not official yet so if he serious then push for that fight in March, most would probably prefer that fight instead of Spence Jr vs Mikey Garcia

Sound like the issue is Suliman unfortunately who is pushing for these Double WBC Mandatory's

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                Errol chasing lightweights...wow
                Haymon needs Spence undefeated in event Wilder loses to save face holding on to a champion .

Comment

Didn't want that smoke? Lol Does that mean he doesn't want to get high or what?

Slang is getting out of hand these days. Geez.

Comment

Of course he is fighting Mikey instead of Porter unless that fight falls through. Mikey is a bigger star than Porter and makes Spence a lot more money. Spence is a prize fighter and like almost all prize fighters he will always take the biggest money fight he can when it's on the table. After Spence KOs Mikey he will be glad to KO Porter next. MAN DOWN!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      Spence beat Brook in the U.K., the guy who beat Porter. Why would he be afraid of Porter, doesn't pass the common sense test. Yes, it's a tough fight, but Spence wins by TKO in late rounds on this one. Porter almost got dropped by Broner, Spence is a much better finisher and hits way harder. Mikey is a bigger paycheck, after he's done with Mikey he can start unifying titles.
                      Almost????

Comment

Working...
                      X