No announcement yet.

Kenny Porter says Spence didn't want that smoke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny Porter says Spence didn't want that smoke

"For him, my feeling right now -- and I really wanted [IBF welterweight belt-holder] Errol Spence, but it appears he's fighting Mikey Garcia -- I asked for Errol Spence," Kenny Porter said. "I've been clear -- and I'm not talking about the media -- I made it clear to the people that needed to know to get this in moving order, that's what we wanted. And we were told Errol was more than likely going in a different direction."
    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...hurman-rematch

Lmfaoooooo. Stop.

Comment

Fighters are chomping at the bit (Well Mikey & Porter) to be the first to expose Spence.

Comment

Errol chasing lightweights...wow

Comment

Spence beat Brook in the U.K., the guy who beat Porter. Why would he be afraid of Porter, doesn't pass the common sense test. Yes, it's a tough fight, but Spence wins by TKO in late rounds on this one. Porter almost got dropped by Broner, Spence is a much better finisher and hits way harder. Mikey is a bigger paycheck, after he's done with Mikey he can start unifying titles.

Comment

fight in a ppv fight or fight in a non-ppv fight

it's a no-brainer

Comment

LOL, don't you worry Kenny, you will get your shot at Spence after March. Porter likely won't fight before the summer time anyways, so their timetable could still match.

This man is getting awfully brave now that he knows the Garcia fight is almost signed, sealed and delivered.

Comment

It's ironic that Kenny Porter is saying this because he knows the ramifications of his son not defending his two mandatory challengers against Thurman and Berto, before a voluntary unification with Spence; He will get stripped of his WBC title.

He's only trying to save face because now, since he knows that his son can't fight him, he is being all braggadocious about it and hiding behind the WBC as convenient excuse for not challenging Spence next.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  Lmfaoooooo. Stop.

Comment

Didn't Kenny & Shawn directly say they didn't want Spence prior to the Garcia fight being made? Hence probably why the Garcia fight was made instead of Spence. Spence been waiting for a real mfer to stand up forever. Only Kell Brook has done so thus far, respect to Kell.

Porter coulda fought him whenever. Garcia could have fought him whenever. Thurman coulda fought him whenever. Can't none of these mfers claim re-ducking or w/e the f#ck they are claiming cuz at this point when Spence has more value then you you are waiting in line for him now like you made him wait in line for you previously.

So basically gtfo of here with this sorta bs. Few things that bore me more than "ducking" claims. Very rare for real ducking to be going on in boxing at this level. There is business decisions being made that puts mfers in line from most important to least important & Mikey has 4 titles in 4 weight divisions thus he has more value than Porter right now & there is sometimes marination going on with bigger fights which Porter doesn't really qualify as like Spence vs Thurman or Spence vs Bud would for most fans.

Not a lot of ducking happening doe is my point. If you bring the max value your next. If you don't get in line.

Comment

Working...
                    X