Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Says Nasukawa Clash is Already Off - Explains Why!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    They tried to pull that same stunt on Muhammad Ali back in 1976 with the Japanese wrestler Antonio Inoki. They led Ali's people into believing that they were only fighting an exhibition bout but Inoki's people had other plans. At the last minute they tried to do a bait and switch with Ali and tried to turn it into a real professional wrestling match. However, in the end the two camps decided that it would be better to have just an exhibition bout.
    Oh sh^t yea you're right. I remember that now that you bring it up.

Wasn't that fight a completely fake fight originally? And Ali was supposed to lose . And Ali didn't wanna lose? I seem to recall it was something like that doe wasn't it? So it ended up being a real fight, but it was a f#cking weird ass fight obviously.

Edit:

Looking this up on wiki & this was a huge sh^tshow it sounds like lmfao.

The fight was contested under specially created rules. Due to varying claims over the years, it is difficult to know the reasons behind their implementation.

It has been alleged that the Ali's handlers originally agreed to a worked match, but that Ali never agreed to fix the fight. According to boxing journalist Jim Murphy, the original plan was for Ali to accidentally punch the referee and knock him out. While standing over the referee, looking concerned, Inoki would knock him out with a kick to the head. The referee would then come around and count Ali out, giving Inoki the win in front of his fellow countrymen, and allowing Ali to save face. However, when Ali found out he had to lose, he refused, turning the fixed fight into a real one.

According to Inoki, Ali and his entourage had signed on expecting the fight to be an exhibition rather than a real contest. It was only when they went to see Inoki train six days before the fight, and saw him use a series of brutal drop-kicks and violent grapples on sparring partners, that they sensed it would be a legitimate fight. Inoki alleges he was asked by Ali, "OK, so when do we do the rehearsal?", with Inoki replying: "No, no. This isn't an exhibition. It's a real fight!"

In the days leading up to the fight, Ali and Inoki's representatives began to renegotiate the rules. A list of restrictions was imposed on Inoki. He would not be allowed to throw, grapple or tackle Ali and could not land any kicks unless he had one knee on the mat. Ali's camp also demanded that the rules not be made public before the fight. Judo expert and US Marine Donn Draeger noted, "The rules have been so seriously modified that the contest is no longer boxing versus wrestling. Unless this were done there would be no way to choreograph the match and make it look convincing. Ali can grapple or punch the man down; Inoki is not allowed to leg-dive or tackle. That latter restriction is the same as prohibiting Ali from jabbing. What a farce!"

Forty years after the fight, the referee Gene LeBell stated that there were no limitations on kicking or grappling and said all types of kicking, throwing and grappling were allowed.

Professional wrestler Bret Hart, then an employee of Inoki's, claimed in his autobiography that "the black ******s who were backing Ali made it clear that if Inoki laid a finger on their champ, they would kill him. That's why Inoki lay on his back for fifteen rounds, kicking Ali in the shins so as not to use his hands"

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
      So the TMT banner wasnt planned?
      I'm thinking this was a presser for something else originally. Thats the only thing I can think of. TMT Tokyo just became a thing apparently in the last couple months. My assumption is this was TMT Tokyo/Rizin related or thats what Floyd thought. Cuz I can't think for any reason that Floyd would be presser ready otherwise.

Could be even more bs going on with all this who knows. I'm still waiting for Rizin to give there take.

Won't be surprised if Rizin doesn't flip this around or pull in another big name for their NYE event they are outta business. ONE, their main competitor in the Asian MMA market is picking up UFC guys left & right & making huge moves lately. This Floyd thing smells of a desperation move to me cuz Japanese MMA fans are pissed right now & idk that getting Tenshin's name in the media worldwide is gonna do Rizin any favors with their more immediate concerns in Japan. Bunch of mfers waiting for ticket refund details right now lol.

Comment

• just a few days ago floyd was bragging about japan lol saying this is where the money is at... now he's saying it was a disappointing trip.. this is how you burn bridges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          And does this mean there are underground fights with big name boxers that HAVE HAPPENED? I thought this was just sh^t that were plots to bad movies.
          Same!!! Especially the part about a 9 minute bout of 3 rounds only for wealthy spectators not to be televised!! It makes you wonder lol

Comment

• Floyd was there sitting at that press conference. "I better just sit here and smile and clap as I am pretty sure I see Ninja Shadows up in the ceiling waiting to pounce."

Comment

• Is this Floyd's biggest duck of all time?

Ducking a 120lbs 5'5" Japanese guy, that has zero pro boxing experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                Same!!! Especially the part about a 9 minute bout of 3 rounds only for wealthy spectators not to be televised!! It makes you wonder lol
                LOL bruh me too. I've been wondering since this news if Bowe vs Lewis actually happened in some rich Dubai's guy backyard now.

Comment

• As much as Floyd loves money. He loves to win more. There's no amount of money worth him get his getting his asswhooped. I guess in this case, he wasn't the A side after all because he had to fight under that mixed martial arts promotional company named Rizin's terms, conditions and rules.

Comment

• First off. There is no way Mayweather wrote that statement. The dude can barely string a sentence together without giant pauses while his brain catches up.

Second, could they have found a smaller dude to face Floyd? The guy looked like a hobbit. I guess he got Floyd shook though.

Comment

• Floyd cancelled the fight because he wasn't allowed to use his special IV.

Comment

Working...
                      X