Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Usyk fighter of the year after he beats Bellew?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's already FOY without the Bellew win in my opinion. I don't think Bellew does much for his stock but it'll be a win that'll put some change in his pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
      Fists of Fluff Fury = FFF = Triple F?
      Also his bra size.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Hindsight is 20-20
        You can't imply that people would have felt the same way had they known of Haye's condition.
        That phrase works when inherent differences in skill are revealed. Not when one guy has a ruptured achilles.

I have Usyk in my top 5 but I'd think very little of him if he lost to someone of Tony Bellew's level. Just being honest about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          You can't imply that people would have felt the same way had they known of Haye's condition.
          That phrase works when inherent differences in skill are revealed. Not when one guy has a ruptured achilles.

I have Usyk in my top 5 but I'd think very little of him if he lost to someone of Tony Bellew's level. Just being honest about it.
          Haye's brittle body was very known. There were even strong rumours that his achilles was injured before the fight.

Didn't matter, no one gave him a chance of lasting 3 rounds.

He was heavy underdog for the rematch too.

He deserves credit for upsetting the odds

Comment

Originally posted by jpowell100 View Post
            I agree it isn’t really for beating Bellew. My point was more so as long as he wins, as he obviously won’t win it if he loses.
            Said it before already this fight does nothing for Usyk other than pad his bank account and build the Joshua fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
              Fists of Fluff Fury = FFF = Triple F?
              Triple F is fitting. It’s also the score he would have got PED testing 2-6 months ago stripping all that weight, I’m sure I’ll not convinced he’ll pass VADA testing for Wilder.

Comment

So even if bellew wins you won't give him any credit? What would he have to do then, beat Joshua? He's better than most on here think he is and this fight will be competitive, mark my words.

Comment

If you properly observe the first 5-6 rounds of fight 1, you can see that Bellew is doing a lot of good things and at that point Haye's achilles was still intact. Both fights are hard to properly assess but I think your assessment of Belew is too harsh.

Some fighters mature later, after some losses and learning curves. Right now he will be a hard out for anyone because the confidence is so high and he is at the top of his game. You make him sound like a bum, and he's not. If Usyk beats him I would rank it on a similar level to his best wins, but if Usyk loses you would be hasty to just dismiss him, the context would matter, fighters have bad nights, fighters have extraordinary nights, upsets happen, if the underdog is a good fighter who can punch a little the odds of an upset increase, which is the scenario we have here imo

Comment

3 big wins in this year will make Usyk fighter of the year, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                      And Fury has done what precisely ? Fists of Fluff Fury is worse than a typical GGG opponent, then again I’m told he’s the greatest their ever was so I guess I know what I’m dealing with here. NSB#
                      Fury hasn't done a whole lot, especially lately. Wins over Ortiz and Fury will put Wilder in the conversation for fighter of the year. Not my fault, mate.....

Comment

Working...
                      X