Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we gonna act like Jermell Charlo isn't being protected?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
    You DUMBASS. What champions can he face? The three champions were Charlo, Lara, Canelo, and then Smith.

How the ***** do you expect him to fight a guy who he shares a trainer with since he was like 15-16 years old? It's VERY different from the Jacobs-Derev situation.

I listed the names IN ORDER of who he beat from 2014 to 2018, ALL those guys are top contenders at 154 the day that he fought them. EVERY single one.

He wanted the Hurd fight this year, but HURD WAS THE ONE who said "No, I want a tune up." This has been Charlo's only chance for unification because Canelo was on the other side of the street, and when he was on this side of the street Charlo wasn't even a champion + didn't really have a name.

He was never going to fight Lara, ever. They've been training together since he first turned pro, that's called family. Jacobs said in a recent interview he would avoid at all costs fighting Andrade, because that's FAMILY to him. He highlighted that it was very different when it came to Derevechenko.

BUT, with that being said, if he were to fight Hurd and win, now that they've been apart for some years and it makes sense, I'm sure he wouldn't mind unifying with Lara if Lara gets by Castano.

PLEASE get your facts straight before typing.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bad...to-come-see-us

Jermell Charlo: Tell little kid Munguia to come see us!

Let's see what Lara had to say about his friend Jermell:

"Lara: Now That Hurd is Injured - I'm Ready To Fight Charlo Next!" -

Now that Hurd is injured and our rematch will be pushed back - the fight to make is me versus Charlo. It's a fight that makes sense, two of the best versus each other and another great fight for the fans. Charlo is a friend and former stablemate - but that doesn't mean anything... this is boxing and it's a business. I'm ready to fight Charlo anytime! I hope he's also willing to fight the best," Lara told BoxingScene.com.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=785581

Now shut your b1tch ass up

Comment

Jaime Munguia wants Jermell Charlo for his WBC belt

“I’m willing to face Jermell Charlo (WBC super welterweight champion), it would be a matter of talking to his company,” Munguia said to esto.com.mx. ”It would be important, the belt is the most prestigious in the world of boxing and I would love to have it, I am willing to fight with whatever it is,

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bad...to-come-see-us

Jermell Charlo: Tell little kid Munguia to come see us!

Let's see what Lara had to say about his friend Jermell:

"Lara: Now That Hurd is Injured - I'm Ready To Fight Charlo Next!" -

Now that Hurd is injured and our rematch will be pushed back - the fight to make is me versus Charlo. It's a fight that makes sense, two of the best versus each other and another great fight for the fans. Charlo is a friend and former stablemate - but that doesn't mean anything... this is boxing and it's a business. I'm ready to fight Charlo anytime! I hope he's also willing to fight the best," Lara told BoxingScene.com.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=785581

Now shut your b1tch ass up
        Lara is no longer a champion. Hurd is - Charlo wants Hurd.

Comment

Lara is no longer a champion. Hurd is - Charlo wants Hurd.
          STFU b1tch

Trout and Tony Harrison aren't champs either. That didn't stop him

Comment

What are you saying?

He fought:

Gabriel Rosado
            Vanes Martirosyan
            John Jackson
            Charles Hatley
            Erickson Lubin
            Austin Trout

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post

Munguia just fought the 40th ranked opponent. Hurd is fighting someone outside the top 30.

Lubin and Trout are better than anyone Munguia has ever fought.

To try and justify Munguia fighting #40 while hating on Jermell doesn't make much sense. You have a point, but your arguments are those of a pure hater who is 100% biased and oddly, you seem proud of having double standards.
            Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
            Mungia hasn’t unified anything either lmaoooo. Austin Trout and Tony Harrison way better than the last two bums Jamie faced
            And Jamie Mungia shouldn’t be fighting no damn 40th ranked old Canadian boxer like Brandon Cook lmaooo. You’re trying hard but you’re failing. When Mungia defends his belt against an elite fighter then I’ll agree with you until then you just sound biased. Mungia don’t want to fight Charlo right now
            I'm sick of you guys lying and confusing facts. Let's look at The Ring Rankings and compare who's fought the better challenges:

2014 - Gabe Rosado - Not ranked
            2015 - Vanes Matrison - #7
            2016 - John Jackson - Not ranked
            2017 - Charles Hatley - Not ranked
            2017 - Erickson Lubin - Not ranked
            2018 - Austin Trout - Not ranked
            - Tony Harrison - Not ranked

Jarrett Hurd

2015 - Frank Galarza - Not ranked
            2016 - Oscar Molina - Not ranked
            2016 - Dan Iot - Not ranked
            2017 - Tony Harrison - Not ranked
            2017 - Austin Trout - #7
            2018 - Erislandy Lara - #1

Jaime Munguia

2018 - Sadam Ali - #4
            2018 - Liam Smith - #6
            2018 - Brandon Cook - Not ranked

And I get attacked for saying Charlo has done jack schit?

I get attacked for saying Charlo needs to step up and unify with Munguia like Hurd did with Lara? Or saying Charlo needs to step up and not duck Lara?

Damn, NSB creates some of the dumbest rationale's known to man
            Last edited by Chollo Vista; 11-04-2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Just look at these damn rankings:

2018 - Tony Harrison - Not ranked

The man hasn't had a top 10 win in over 3 years!! The Lubin fight was a good win, but damn he wasn't even Top 10. GREAT PROSPECT, but he still wasn't even top 10. AND THAT WAS OVER A YEAR AGO!

Hurd and Munguia both have done more in the last year and a half then Charlo has done for the last 5 years.

Hell, Jaime did more in 2018 than Charlo has done statistically speaking.

And I get attacked for saying Jermell is being protected?? I get attacked for asking the man to try and fight Munguia or Lara instead of Trout and Harrison?

Bunch of ******s on this forum all participating in groupthink

Comment

I'm sick of you guys lying and confusing facts. Let's look at The Ring Rankings and compare who's fought the better challenges:

- Tony Harrison - Not ranked

Jarrett Hurd

2015 - Frank Galarza - Not ranked
                2016 - Oscar Molina - Not ranked
                2017 - Tony Harrison - Not ranked
                2017 - Austin Trout - #7
                2018 - Erislandy Lara - #1

Jaime Munguia

2018 - Sadam Ali - #4
                2018 - Liam Smith - #6
                2018 - Brandon Cook - Not ranked

And I get attacked for saying Charlo has done jack schit?

I get attacked for saying Charlo needs to step up and unify with Munguia like Hurd did with Lara? Or saying Charlo needs to step up and not duck Lara?

Damn, NSB creates some of the dumbest rationale's known to man
                No one is attacking you bro. We’re having a normal boxingscene debate lol. I don’t take anything on here personal

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                  No one is attacking you bro. We’re having a normal boxingscene debate lol. I don’t take anything on here personal
                  So why are you coming in here calling me stupid for speaking the obvious that Jermell is being protected?

Jamie Munguia accomplished more this year than Jermell has done his whole career.

I ask for Jermell to fight Lara and Jaime and immediately you start talking about why didn't Lara fight Munguia?

Lara is a multi world champ at 154 and defended his crown for several years. Jermell Charlo has done jack schit. Hurd has stepped up and handled his business.

Essentially what you guys are asking Hurd to do is beat Lara, Charlo and Munguia, while all all Charlo has to do is step to the plate while beating Vanes Matriosan over 3 years ago. This is really sad.
                  Last edited by Chollo Vista; 11-04-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

So why are you coming in here calling me stupid for speaking the obvious that Jermell is being protected?

Jamie Munguia accomplished more this year than Jermell has done his whole career.

I ask for Jermell to fight Lara and Jaime and immediately you start talking about why didn't Lara fight Munguia?

Lara is a multi world champ at 154 and defended his crown for several years. Jermell Charlo has done jack schit. Hurd has stepped up and handled his business.

Essentially what you guys are asking Hurd to do is beat Lara, Charlo and Munguia, while all all Charlo has to do is step to the plate while beating Vanes Matriosan over 3 years ago. This is really sad.
                    You're absolutely ****ing right Cholo. Essentially what's happened is Hurd has been forced to run the gauntlet whereas Charlo hasn't and now Charlo gets to profit off of Hurd's hard work by fighting for the titles without putting in the work Hurd has, a lot like Wilder calling out Joshua now that Joshua has the belts.

Just look at Hurd's resume - undefeated prime Frank Galarza (Hurd was the underdog), undefeated prime Tony Harrison (Hurd was the underdog again), first and only man to stop former world champion Austin Trout (something Cotto, Canelo, Jermall, Jermell and Lara failed to do) and beat the most ducked, most dangerous, most accomplished fighter in the division, the number 1 ranked Erislandy Lara (who himself should be undefeated).

Who else is putting work like this? What other American fighter has put in work like Hurd? Why is Hurd not on the pound for pound list when he has a better resume than 3/4 of the ****ing fighters on these lists? Why is Hurd underrated?

And just as importantly, why has Haymon made Hurd do the work and is allowing Charlo to profit from it? What the **** has EITHER Charlo done to warrant the "boogeyman" aura around them?

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
                      You're absolutely ****ing right Cholo. Essentially what's happened is Hurd has been forced to run the gauntlet whereas Charlo hasn't and now Charlo gets to profit off of Hurd's hard work by fighting for the titles without putting in the work Hurd has, a lot like Wilder calling out Joshua now that Joshua has the belts.

Just look at Hurd's resume - undefeated prime Frank Galarza (Hurd was the underdog), undefeated prime Tony Harrison (Hurd was the underdog again), first and only man to stop former world champion Austin Trout (something Cotto, Canelo, Jermall, Jermell and Lara failed to do) and beat the most ducked, most dangerous, most accomplished fighter in the division, the number 1 ranked Erislandy Lara (who himself should be undefeated).

Who else is putting work like this? What other American fighter has put in work like Hurd? Why is Hurd not on the pound for pound list when he has a better resume than 3/4 of the ****ing fighters on these lists? Why is Hurd underrated?

And just as importantly, why has Haymon made Hurd do the work and is allowing Charlo to profit from it? What the **** has EITHER Charlo done to warrant the "boogeyman" aura around them?
                      Bingo... Spot on

Minor correction is Harrison had 1 loss when he fought Hurd. Other than that these are pretty much my thoughts... Asking Jermell to at least "try" to fight Munguia or Lara is asking way too much for some folks

I just don't understand why they're making Jermell to be the golden goose and not Hurd

Comment

Working...
                      X