Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we gonna act like Jermell Charlo isn't being protected?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    True, he's not a bum and will give Charlo a few problems with his length and ability to box.

But a fight with Lara or Mungia trumps Harrison
    Jermell should have fought Lara. As for Hurd, Jermell has repeatedly called out Hurd. Hurd has repeatedly refused.

And I'm just confused as to why you don't think Munguia is protected??? Has Munguia ever tried to make a fight with Charlo? Or has he just said he would fight him, while signing a contract to fight a bum? You do realize Munguia just fought the 40th ranked guy?

Munguia just fought the 40th ranked opponent. Hurd is fighting someone outside the top 30.

Lubin and Trout are better than anyone Munguia has ever fought. Hurd is the one who has repeatedly refused to fight Jermell.

I totally agree Jermell should have fought Lara. But out of the three champions at 154, he is the only one fighting someone in the top 15. Heck, he's the only one fighting someone in the top 30.

To try and justify Munguia fighting #40 while hating on Jermell doesn't make much sense. You have a point, but your arguments are those of a pure hater who is 100% biased and oddly, you seem proud of having double standards.

Comment

True, he's not a bum and will give Charlo a few problems with his length and ability to box.

But a fight with Lara or Mungia trumps Harrison
      If Munguia was half as good as you make him out to be, you would know how to spell his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
        Jermell should have fought Lara. As for Hurd, Jermell has repeatedly called out Hurd. Hurd has repeatedly refused.

And I'm just confused as to why you don't think Munguia is protected??? Has Munguia ever tried to make a fight with Charlo? Or has he just said he would fight him, while signing a contract to fight a bum? You do realize Munguia just fought the 40th ranked guy?

Munguia just fought the 40th ranked opponent. Hurd is fighting someone outside the top 30.

Lubin and Trout are better than anyone Munguia has ever fought. Hurd is the one who has repeatedly refused to fight Jermell.

I totally agree Jermell should have fought Lara. But out of the three champions at 154, he is the only one fighting someone in the top 15. Heck, he's the only one fighting someone in the top 30.

To try and justify Munguia fighting #40 while hating on Jermell doesn't make much sense. You have a point, but your arguments are those of a pure hater who is 100% biased and oddly, you seem proud of having double standards.
        You sound like a Freshbrawler alt so I'll post this again:

Listen, I understand you may not be the brightest star, so let me break it down for you in layman's terms.

This thread isn't a comparison of who has fought the better opposition between Mungia and Charlo. I understand that's what your silly ass is trying to turn it to

This thread is about the fact that Hurd has gone through the gauntlet, while Jermell has done jack schit.

Instead of Jermell unifying on his side, like Hurd has done, so we can have a fight for UNDISPUTED JMW SUPREMACY next year, Jermell is content at fighting 2 guys Hurd HAS ALREADY knocked out. If he was gonna fight someone Hurd already beat, why not Lara?

Now I know this is gonna be very difficukt for you to understand, but at least give it a shot

Comment

If Munguia was half as good as you make him out to be, you would know how to spell his name.
          So Tony Harrison is better and more deserving of a potential unification than Munguia?

Lara?

Comment

So Tony Harrison is better and more deserving of a potential unification than Munguia?

Lara?
            No, I never said he was. In fact, I directly criticized Jermell for refusing to face Lara. Before Lara-Hurd and right now.

Jermell-Munguia would be a good fight, as it would be a unification. But one can blame Munguia just as much as Jermell for that not happening.

Boxing politics is a b**^^. Do you really think GB would agree to let Munguia fight Jermell right now? First, GB just signed a deal with DAZN and I highly doubt they would let him fight on Showtime or Fox in a fight where he is the overwhelming underdog. And I know Haymon isn't having Jermell fight someone no one has heard of on DAZN.

Second, even without any promoter or network b.s. I don't think Oscar or Al would try to make this fight right now. No one has heard of Munguia, and not many of heard of Jermell. Thus, the pay for both guys would be considerably less than what an opponent of that talent level should bring.

Jermell ducked Lara. Clear as day. However, he has tried to fight both Andrade and Hurd.

All I was saying, is when you cry about Jermell fighting #14, while a different champ just fought #40 and the other champ is fighting #32, that it really just makes you look like a pure hater.

When you start threads about guys like Munguia being protected, then others might take you seriously. Right now, you are considered a low iq hater/troll.

So Munguia fighting Brandon Cook is better than him fighting Jermell? Lara? Hurd? Castano? Harrison? lmao. He didn't even try to fight anyone else. Just #40 that's it.

You really believe Munguia fighting Brandon Cook is better than fighting Jermell, Lara, Hurd, or the other 30-some fighters ranked higher???

Comment

No, I never said he was. In fact, I directly criticized Jermell for refusing to face Lara. Before Lara-Hurd and right now.

Jermell-Munguia would be a good fight, as it would be a unification. But one can blame Munguia just as much as Jermell for that not happening.

Boxing politics is a b**^^. Do you really think GB would agree to let Munguia fight Jermell right now? First, GB just signed a deal with DAZN and I highly doubt they would let him fight on Showtime or Fox in a fight where he is the overwhelming underdog. And I know Haymon isn't having Jermell fight someone no one has heard of on DAZN.

Second, even without any promoter or network b.s. I don't think Oscar or Al would try to make this fight right now. No one has heard of Munguia, and not many of heard of Jermell. Thus, the pay for both guys would be considerably less than what an opponent of that talent level should bring.

Jermell ducked Lara. Clear as day. However, he has tried to fight both Andrade and Hurd.

All I was saying, is when you cry about Jermell fighting #14, while a different champ just fought #40 and the other champ is fighting #32, that it really just makes you look like a pure hater.

When you start threads about guys like Munguia being protected, then others might take you seriously. Right now, you are considered a low iq hater/troll.

So Munguia fighting Brandon Cook is better than him fighting Jermell? Lara? Hurd? Castano? Harrison? lmao. He didn't even try to fight anyone else. Just #40 that's it.

You really believe Munguia fighting Brandon Cook is better than fighting Jermell, Lara, Hurd, or the other 30-some fighters ranked higher???
              I know for a fact you're Freshbrawler

You just can't wrap your head around the fact that this thread isn't about comparing Munguia vs Charlo's opponents

What don't you understand about the fact that Charlo didn't even TRY to fight a valuable opponent all year?

Hurd has gone through the gauntlet... Oh and guess what? Hurd is actually willing to fight Charlo AND Munguia!!

It's just a damn shame Hurd will have to beat all 3 champions to become UNDISPUTED because Charlo's lack of ambition to fight someone worth a damn other than Hurd

I'll get back to this topic shortly. Don't worry. Got some fights to watch

Comment

He's being protected for various reasons:

1. Inability to try to unify with any other title holder outside of Hurd. No attempted negotiations with Mungia or nothing.

2. Hurd has already beaten Trout and Harrison... Stopped one and knocked the other spark out. Why is Jermell running behind him fighting the same exact guys?

3. Hurd unified with Lara. The most avoided and proven champ at 154 in recent years. If Charlo is going to fight someone Hurd already beat, why not try to fight Lara? From April until the time Charlo signed to fight Harrison/Trout, Lara called out Charlo to fight... Charlo never even responded... See this thread for starters - https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=785581

And now that Hurd has done all the hard work to unify the belts and put his body through wear and tear, here comes Jermell coming in nice and fresh because while Hurd was doing the dirty work, Jermell was chillin. The Lubin fight was a good win, but you still have/had Lara available + a unification with Mungia... Charlo didn't try to make not one of those fights because he's content with sweeping up after Hurds smaller wins.

And as far as Mungia goes, there's no such thing as a fight can't be made because of network issues. That myth has been debunked too many times for me to remember

What am I missing?
                What are you saying?

He fought:

Gabriel Rosado
                Vanes Martirosyan
                John Jackson
                Charles Hatley
                Erickson Lubin
                Austin Trout

Who is he bring protected from? He fought everyone in his divison except Erislandy Lara because him and Lara were sparring partners/gym mates/friends AND shared the same trainer for years and years.

He was bound to unify with Hurd this year, but Hurd decided to take a tune up fight coming off a war with Lara and an injury. So now Charlo is fighting a very dangerous Tony Harrison for the time being.

Why do people make threads just to look this stupid and ignorant? It seems like you've never even been on boxrec.com

Comment

You sound like a Freshbrawler alt so I'll post this again:
                  Moderaters please chime in and tell me do we have the same IP address. Tag all the Mods you know. Make a bet then
                  Bet all your points or rep and I’ll bet all mine
                  Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 11-03-2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                    What are you saying?

He fought:

Gabriel Rosado
                    Vanes Martirosyan
                    John Jackson
                    Charles Hatley
                    Erickson Lubin
                    Austin Trout

Who is he bring protected from? He fought everyone in his divison except Erislandy Lara because him and Lara were sparring partners/gym mates/friends AND shared the same trainer for years and years.

He was bound to unify with Hurd this year, but Hurd decided to take a tune up fight coming off a war with Lara and an injury. So now Charlo is fighting a very dangerous Tony Harrison for the time being.

Why do people make threads just to look this stupid and ignorant? It seems like you've never even been on boxrec.com
                    You dumb ass, charlo hasn't beaten not one champ other than Trout... Let that sink in. You just named all these so called opponents, with Gabe Rosado leading the list.

The only champ Charlo beat was Trout... And that WAS AFTER Hurd stopped him

Charlo has been protected all damn year. Not one meaningful fight

And I got people attacking me because I'm asking for a damn title holder to at least "try" to unify with another title holder instead of fighting the guys JARRETT HURD HAS ALREADY KNOCKED OUT

And then he BLATANTLY ducked Lara... Jacobs and Derv just fought so shut the fcuk up with that friends schit

Get the fcuk out of here claiming to be a boxing fan
                    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 11-03-2018, 10:11 PM.

Comment

You dumb ass, charlo hasn't beaten not one champ other than Trout... Let that sink in. You just named all these so called opponents, with Gabe Rosado leading the list.

The only champ Charlo beat was Trout... And that WAS AFTER Hurd stopped him

Charlo has been protected all damn year. Not one meaningful fight

And I got people attacking me because I'm asking for a damn title holder to at least "try" to unify with another title holder instead of fighting the guys JARRETT HURD HAS ALREADY KNOCKED OUT

And then he BLATANTLY ducked Lara... Jacobs and Derv just fought so shut the fcuk up with that friends schit

Get the fcuk out of here claiming to be a boxing fan
                      You DUMBASS. What champions can he face? The three champions were Charlo, Lara, Canelo, and then Smith.

How the ***** do you expect him to fight a guy who he shares a trainer with since he was like 15-16 years old? It's VERY different from the Jacobs-Derev situation.

I listed the names IN ORDER of who he beat from 2014 to 2018, ALL those guys are top contenders at 154 the day that he fought them. EVERY single one.

He wanted the Hurd fight this year, but HURD WAS THE ONE who said "No, I want a tune up." This has been Charlo's only chance for unification because Canelo was on the other side of the street, and when he was on this side of the street Charlo wasn't even a champion + didn't really have a name.

He was never going to fight Lara, ever. They've been training together since he first turned pro, that's called family. Jacobs said in a recent interview he would avoid at all costs fighting Andrade, because that's FAMILY to him. He highlighted that it was very different when it came to Derevechenko.

BUT, with that being said, if he were to fight Hurd and win, now that they've been apart for some years and it makes sense, I'm sure he wouldn't mind unifying with Lara if Lara gets by Castano.

PLEASE get your facts straight before typing.
                      Last edited by lolpz; 11-03-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X